Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im at a consistent 4 hours a week.

fucking sucks.

Yeah, that doesn't seem right. Suggests that some doesn't like you or how you work. I'm seasonal to permanent so I am bottom of the food chain. I was told that I wouldn't get many hours until they picked up, and I get 4-9 hours every week. I also get called to pick up shifts 1-3x each week, even when I haven't signed up on the Call Me In board.

Something is definitely not right. In the mean time, file for unemployment.

Yeah, that doesn't seem right. Suggests that some doesn't like you or how you work. I'm seasonal to permanent so I am bottom of the food chain. I was told that I wouldn't get many hours until they picked up, and I get 4-9 hours every week. I also get called to pick up shifts 1-3x each week, even when I haven't signed up on the Call Me In board.

Something is definitely not right. In the mean time, file for unemployment.

I'm not 100% sure what's wrong with me lmao, they always shower me with compliments. My only CA has been for accidentally NCNSing once. Never been coached, never "talked to" unless it was about redcards a year ago when my store was putting the pressure on.

Talking to other people in my frozen dairy department(my work center) only the leaders are really getting good consistent hours, everyone else is at 10 hours or less back there. The veterans are getting at least 20 hours, I think I'm just getting the shaft, because two other TMs are as well.

But, the majority of my shifts have been cashiering and my GSTLs really fricken like me. I sell service plans, I've gotten like 2-3 redcards in the last month(thank god), and I'm speedy, friendly, I talk to everybody, lots of small talk and conversation. My GSA kind of walked behind me one day when it was a super busy Friday with limited cashiers and he said "hey, nice job TTGOz, you're really churning these guests out, I love it, everyone else has got a line while you've barely got 3 people standing in it at once." and walked away.

I have been worried about my performance back in Frozen Dairy but really only that was back when I had only me and one other person past 12:30pm and we had 500 DPCI 1000 each 1 o'clock pulls. (Just throwing a number out there, but it's close.) and I feel like maybe no one can really blame me for not getting that done and pulled on time all by myself while the other person pulls the frozen 1 o'clocks and works those out leaving me all alone in Dairy.

But, otherwise, none of my leaders have brought anything up to me, but, then again, I've never really asked. I've made comments like "Oh, man, yeah sorry it's kind of slow going back here I've got a lot to pull!" and they always understand, never told me to pick my pace up or anything. I go pretty fast already.

I just think I'm getting the shaft, this is how it was last year at my store when I was still just a cashier.

But, man, filing for unemployment... does that mean I've officially hit rock bottom?

What's finishing a truck anymore?

Yeah it’s getting absurd! If I have to listen to a district leader talk about the merits of MyTime scheduling and allocation one more time I might flip out.

You live a week in my shoes and tell me you wouldn’t mind doing that job for 55/week. The stores that are doing best in my area for sales are the ones lying about following this crap and just running trucks the old way (albeit with less people ).

I had been getting 2-3 shifts per week, but it's only been 2 the past few weeks and I'm only scheduled once on the schedule that just came out yesterday. We had a regular night TM out quite a bit with illness, so there were some shifts to pick up last week, but HL shifts are usually pretty rare on Branch.

I'm not 100% sure what's wrong with me lmao, they always shower me with compliments. My only CA has been for accidentally NCNSing once. Never been coached, never "talked to" unless it was about redcards a year ago when my store was putting the pressure on.

Talking to other people in my frozen dairy department(my work center) only the leaders are really getting good consistent hours, everyone else is at 10 hours or less back there. The veterans are getting at least 20 hours, I think I'm just getting the shaft, because two other TMs are as well.

But, the majority of my shifts have been cashiering and my GSTLs really fricken like me. I sell service plans, I've gotten like 2-3 redcards in the last month(thank god), and I'm speedy, friendly, I talk to everybody, lots of small talk and conversation. My GSA kind of walked behind me one day when it was a super busy Friday with limited cashiers and he said "hey, nice job TTGOz, you're really churning these guests out, I love it, everyone else has got a line while you've barely got 3 people standing in it at once." and walked away.

I have been worried about my performance back in Frozen Dairy but really only that was back when I had only me and one other person past 12:30pm and we had 500 DPCI 1000 each 1 o'clock pulls. (Just throwing a number out there, but it's close.) and I feel like maybe no one can really blame me for not getting that done and pulled on time all by myself while the other person pulls the frozen 1 o'clocks and works those out leaving me all alone in Dairy.

But, otherwise, none of my leaders have brought anything up to me, but, then again, I've never really asked. I've made comments like "Oh, man, yeah sorry it's kind of slow going back here I've got a lot to pull!" and they always understand, never told me to pick my pace up or anything. I go pretty fast already.

I just think I'm getting the shaft, this is how it was last year at my store when I was still just a cashier.
All our flow is getting 5 hours a week divided into 3 days. the rest of everyone but dedicated people gets 15 to 18. Its bad. Really bad.

I know hours are bad each year but. . .this year. . .idk at this point I feel like all I can afford for food is a pack of gum :/ whats it going to be like come that $15 year. . .

Last edited:
Don't be blaming those poor horses!
Look its time to face facts if the equine society wouod focus more on saving the environment instead of grazing down fields inflation wouldnt be out of control. We need to go back to horse work get those old doggies backnon the path to natural transportation!
(My new phone has sparked so many random conversations -_-)

Yep flow team is getting 3hr shifts and they boot them out at 8am truck done or not. Backstock? Who does that anymore.. I have only 4hr shifts 20hrs over five days. I spend just as much time in my damn truck as I do working. And with what my truck gets as MPG its not worth it to actually go to work..

Lol my store probably loves me because I take up so little payroll. During the school year my availability is Fri night and Sun but I usually just work 6-8 hours on Sun.

What's actually upsetting is the last few weeks I have had 20-24 hours, all 4 hour shifts, but this week, next week, AND two weeks out is only one 4-hour shift.

If it makes you feel better, last week the ETLs in huddle indicated early Feb would be really bad for hours. They'd scheduled above payroll allotments in January, in the best interests of the business, but indicated it would be rough for a bit after the FY rolled over. I guess they could justify some extra hours during Superbowl season, but now that's done, NSM.

Can you spot me a twenty???
Are you still actually doing CA?
We only have them on the weekend and our GSTL kept trying to use the sales floor to hustle carts. That went on until DTL came in asked why frieght wasnt finished. (people were being shoved out and friehjt being done by TLs above)
GSTL was told that either we have cart attendant (and lose cashier hours) or front end is responsible for carts. She was also told that if all the cashiers were busy she was to get her ass out there and get them. Apparently ETL-LOG was using the cart pusher device to retrieve carts (he does it with us on occasion when he's done in br). DTL saw and asked obvious questions.
(STL and ETLs didn't seem to mind about her using salesfloor for carts. They wouldnt do it but they let her)
I sware it this was a dog it would generate energy from the amount of times it chases its tail.

Yikes, schedule out has me at one 4 hour shift, and nothing in swap book yet. Come on HR, gimme a call, or 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back