Hours

Are all distribution centers planning on cutting hours (at least 4 per week) it hasn’t been announced … just hearing rumors

Ours is, at least my department, had hours cut from 36 down to 31, down to 29 now back up to 32. This is the first week coming up starting Sunday that they have implemented the mandatory flex down on all scheduled shifts through the mytime app.

Ours is, at least my department, had hours cut from 36 down to 31, down to 29 now back up to 32. This is the first week coming up starting Sunday that they have implemented the mandatory flex down on all scheduled shifts through the mytime app.
What department?

Are all distribution centers planning on cutting hours (at least 4 per week) it hasn’t been announced … just hearing rumors
Depends on the building and headcount. Our building isn't and won't before plans come back up.

Most buildings are overstaffed and hired longer than they should have and now they need to attrit down because they're heavy. The problem is they're not attriting fast enough so they need to cut hours.

Depends on the building and headcount. Our building isn't and won't before plans come back up.

Most buildings are overstaffed and hired longer than they should have and now they need to attrit down because they're heavy. The problem is they're not attriting fast enough so they need to cut hours.
The problem is if they're not careful they're going to find themselves in the same repeating issues. Piss off people, they quit, no one left knows what they're doing.

Walmart is laying off more than 2,000 workers at five US warehouses that fulfill website orders, weeks after America’s largest private employer warned it’s in for a tough year ahead.

The retail giant is cutting more than 1,000 jobs in Texas, 600 jobs in Pennsylvania, 400 in Florida and 200 in New Jersey, according to Worker Adjustment Retraining Notification (WARN) filings. Reuters first reported last month that the job cuts were because of reductions and elimination in evening and weekend shifts.

Who saw that coming?

They have TLs who will now help fill the role for significantly less pay.
That’s not accurate. Most buildings headcount’s are decreasing. Less tm’s means less om’s. The ratio is roughly 40 to 1 or something like that.

That’s not accurate. Most buildings headcount’s are decreasing. Less tm’s means less om’s. The ratio is roughly 40 to 1 or something like that.
Used to be teams of 20-30 people with one OM and a midshift. No TL or any of the other 5 million merit positions they have now.

Moved the same amount or more freight with fewer people. And the DC was in better condition quality/cleanliness wise.

Used to be teams of 20-30 people with one OM and a midshift. No TL or any of the other 5 million merit positions they have now.

Moved the same amount or more freight with fewer people. And the DC was in better condition quality/cleanliness wise.
yep. So much unqualified yet overpaid.

it is accurate. kinda obvious, that was the idea of a tl all along. in my building a couple years ago they said all keys would be getting two om's (an increase of the one OM+one mid shift model). Well then along come the TL's and that's gone, it's 1 OM only, no mid shift, now. And as it's been said, most TM's barely talk to the OM anymore anyway, TL's have taken the point of contact management role. overall headcounts are way way way higher than years where we had two om per key which was the standard for the longest. i've seen months years ago where my A2 MBP key was down to 7-8 WH workers. Now it's pushing 50. Even if it has slightly dipped closer to 40 post holiday, that's still over 4X as many TM and half the OM's.

Also as to hours, here a week or two ago they mentioned cutting hours, but in the most non specific terms possible. just saying basically it was a possibility they'd let us know. considering people are leaving or attritting like crazy due to heavy handed focus on prod, tons and tons of CA's etc, and we seem to barely be making plans, unless volumes fall a lot further yet i dont see it, on my dept/building/key anyway. but thats specific to our situation i'm sure.

Last edited:
it is accurate. kinda obvious, that was the idea of a tl all along. in my building a couple years ago they said all keys would be getting two om's (an increase of the one OM+one mid shift model). Well then along come the TL's and that's gone, it's 1 OM only, no mid shift, now. And as it's been said, most TM's barely talk to the OM anymore anyway, TL's have taken the point of contact management role. overall headcounts are way way way higher than years where we had two om per key which was the standard for the longest. i've seen months years ago where my A2 MBP key was down to 7-8 WH workers. Now it's pushing 50. Even if it has slightly dipped closer to 40 post holiday, that's still over 4X as many TM and half the OM's.

Also as to hours, here a week or two ago they mentioned cutting hours, but in the most non specific terms possible. just saying basically it was a possibility they'd let us know. considering people are leaving or attritting like crazy due to heavy handed focus on prod, tons and tons of CA's etc, and we seem to barely be making plans, unless volumes fall a lot further yet i dont see it, on my dept/building/key anyway. but thats specific to our situation i'm sure.
Lol it’s not, but ok.

Our location is on headcount for om’s and there are 2 per department…

so…. next week my shift starts at 7am weds-fri…. for the next 2 weeks… is that a rotating group thing or the whole warehouse is also doing the same thing?

Last edited:
And were
so…. next week my shift starts at 7am weds-fri…. for the next 2 weeks… is that a rotating group thing or the whole warehouse is also doing the same thing?
You'd have to ask someone at your DC. None of us are doing the same thing

Back