Archived How can I become faster at plano?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any advise is welcomed. Am I able to access the week/2 weeks out/month out planograms from home? I've been having issues at work with being unable to locate my pogs or label strips, most of the time when it happens I only can find one or the other. I feel like the seasoned vets resentment seeing a new guy who works hard get promoted to plano by the pptl. I'm the youngest on the team and nearly everyone else is twice my age. I have definitely realised some of the 'help' and guidance I get by my TMs, have crucial information left out. Example: I was helped to find acrylic dividers, but didn't mention inform me of the front and back strips that are mounted to the shelves to clip the dividers to. Literally walking with me back and forth twice to be fixture room, wasting both our time. Is everyone so burnt out, they rather see me struggle than succeed? Thursday when I was looking for my revision planos, the same lady ask's me (and she always asks this, with this look on her face like I'm some kind of moron) what am I looking for? I said ".... my work for the day.." gosh lol

He does have our work load each day. Is there a way on workbench to get all the planogram/revision numbers before the workload for the day is given? I would print them all if I could, weeks in advanced. I swear, shady things happen on this team and I am getting fed up. I want to out preform everyone like I did on hardlines, but always I want to help anyone who feels stuck or lost. The others on the team are concerned for themself and it's obvious why

Adjancey calendar will give you all pog numbers and time goals for the week. You can look at the adjancey several weeks ahead.

I think some of the issues you're facing are due the lack of organization your POG team has.
Similar to Commie, my POG TL has bins for each day of the week. Inside each bin you can find the POGs, label strips, individual labels, and notes.
This saves a ton of time, instead of having TMs search for label strips from the box or having each one print their labels.

If you want to get quicker I would recommend reading the transition manuals/early set notes on workbench.
They describe what's new merchandise is coming, old merchandise leaving, new fixtures, signing, potential issues, and so on.
Also when you get your POG sheet grab all your fixtures and signing in one trip. Don't go back and forth, these trips add up and slow you down.
If you can't find something walkie your signing dude/gal, POG TL, or a friendly POG TM.

However, if you're having a hard time finding POGs and labels that's an issue you have to bring up to the TL.

So the advice I was given from some 12-year seasoned plano team members and my old PTL, that made me moderately successful in plano...

Take some time before you start to get organized. Look at your planos and what you need, and go down the list and grab everything before you hit the floor. Look at the plano/revision (or set of plano's/revisions) and see what's changing/moving. Taking an extra 5-10 minutes in the morning to organize your thoughts and yourself BEFORE getting started on a set is definitely worth it and saves you so many trips to the fixture room.

So the advice I was given from some 12-year seasoned plano team members and my old PTL, that made me moderately successful in plano...

Take some time before you start to get organized. Look at your planos and what you need, and go down the list and grab everything before you hit the floor. Look at the plano/revision (or set of plano's/revisions) and see what's changing/moving. Taking an extra 5-10 minutes in the morning to organize your thoughts and yourself BEFORE getting started on a set is definitely worth it and saves you so many trips to the fixture room.

So true.
And making sure you understand your planogram can make a big difference too.
If the you get halfway through it and discover that what you thought was one kind of hook turns out to be something else, it can ruin your day.
If you get a good handle on them and have all the things you need ahead of time, you will fly.

I think the biggest issue is that, although my TL is a a decent guy and has that 'leader' quality, and did planogram for 3 years; he just promises things that never happen. He transfered to this store like last june and came into a goldmine so to speak. Most of the time he's chillin' I imagine. He even sets pogs wrong, doesn't measure shelfs. Trained for nothin, second day I learned the most, third I cashier and ca for 4 hours in light cold rain(people just don't show up). Second week, 4th day, I am cut 2 days leaving me only that monday.. I'm grateful I've always been pretty bright, and there were long days of struggle because I had to teach myself. But I guess if you can get someone to train themselves, and have a solid team to carry him in their backpacks, that saves time and money that could be used for other things instead of really focusing on me learning it entire new workcentre. We are something like only days behind. However, I am pissed off about friday. I found an isle tied off and nothing done but put in labels. how is that for cutting corners? label strips in the bottom drawer for pogs that day. With only 5 hours till I HAD to clock out. He told me things will get better after the visit. I've been told by others to just keep my head down, and work hard..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back