Archived How difficult is it to fire someone after their 90 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flabbergasted

Ex-GSA
I've heard it's pretty difficult, but how difficult exactly? What are some particular offenses that could fast-track a TM to firing or even have them immediately fired?

In my store we had 2 fired from flow. It took forever! It got so bad a lot of flow tm's refused to work with the 1 person cause they were always on their phone or wandering the store. They were caught by an Etl going out to the parking lot to visit friends while on the clock. That was the end of that. The 2nd ahole constantly called off and when he showed up in the building, he was super slow. I won't say he worked, because he didn't and all of flow knew it. My tl dropped the ball on both of them. If documentation and coachings were done when they should have been done they would have gone sooner. All on flow took every opportunity to throw them under the bus. My Etl really got involved asking us to personally let him know what we saw. The whole morale of the team changed with these 2 assholes gone. Now it's just an ugly memory.

it's a pretty long process. Things to get you fired right away would be violence and stealing. And even stealing can still take awhile if they're building a bigger case on you.

I've seen people get fired for stealing, time clock fraud, marking down items and buying them (I suppose that's a form of stealing), drinking liquor in the backroom, stalking other team members, texting about work off the clock, AP filling out paperwork incorrectly... none were instantly termed though, some were warned and kept doing it; others AP developed a history before firing them.

Y
In my store we had 2 fired from flow. It took forever! It got so bad a lot of flow tm's refused to work with the 1 person cause they were always on their phone or wandering the store. They were caught by an Etl going out to the parking lot to visit friends while on the clock. That was the end of that. The 2nd ahole constantly called off and when he showed up in the building, he was super slow. I won't say he worked, because he didn't and all of flow knew it. My tl dropped the ball on both of them. If documentation and coachings were done when they should have been done they would have gone sooner. All on flow took every opportunity to throw them under the bus. My Etl really got involved asking us to personally let him know what we saw. The whole morale of the team changed with these 2 assholes gone. Now it's just an ugly memory.
yeah my stores employee list could use a bit of fixing up. Dare I say gutted even

It's actually not that hard to performance someone out once they've put their mind to it.
I'd say about three months or so, if they're really working at it.

It's actually not that hard to performance someone out once they've put their mind to it.
I'd say about three months or so, if they're really working at it.
Yeh, if you're the one in the crosshairs, it's amazing how quick they can get you out the door.

I've seen people get fired for stealing, time clock fraud, marking down items and buying them (I suppose that's a form of stealing), drinking liquor in the backroom, stalking other team members, texting about work off the clock, AP filling out paperwork incorrectly... none were instantly termed though, some were warned and kept doing it; others AP developed a history before firing them.
Fired for texting about work?

Working off the clock is a big no-no.

How is discussing work off the clock considered "working"? Like, if I talk to some of my co-workers about what happened at work earlier that day, how am I working? They don't pay me to complain about my job, lol.

How is discussing work off the clock considered "working"? Like, if I talk to some of my co-workers about what happened at work earlier that day, how am I working? They don't pay me to complain about my job, lol.

"Working off the clock" would be actually talking business. For example, texting the signing TM to order fixtures when he/she is off the clock or calling a GSA at home to ask him/her questions about this morning's cash office paperwork. If you're just talking to co-workers outside of work about how your day went and not actually talking business, there shouldn't be an issue.

"Working off the clock" would be actually talking business. For example, texting the signing TM to order fixtures when he/she is off the clock or calling a GSA at home to ask him/her questions about this morning's cash office paperwork. If you're just talking to co-workers outside of work about how your day went and not actually talking business, there shouldn't be an issue.

My ETL's and TL's are always texting me with questions when I'm off the clock. Gotta stay on their good side or else I'll be in trouble fast.

I've heard it's pretty difficult, but how difficult exactly? What are some particular offenses that could fast-track a TM to firing or even have them immediately fired?
really there's two things tgat are near instant. 3 ncns in a row and insubordination, which is refusing to do what the tl or lod is telling you to do.

It was a Team Leader texting a Team Member about work... asking about pogs, as an example. Most Team Leads I know do it but like redeye said, if you're in their crosshairs, you're done.

I'm not proud of it by any means, but performancing a TM out is pretty easy. It comes down to that CorrectiveAction/MaybeThisIsn'tTheRightFitForYou/ComeToJesus convo that usually brings on a voluntary term. There comes a time when everybody knows it's time to go.

Complaining about work is one thing. I have a tl who constantly passes on messages via another tm when he's not there. Or he tries to. He's dead to me if he's not on the clock and I've told him so, lol.

My ETL's and TL's are always texting me with questions when I'm off the clock. Gotta stay on their good side or else I'll be in trouble fast.

sorry... what store is that gif from??? lmao cant even imagine what I would do.

If I have to contact the other c.o. Person because I have a question, I let the lod know and a time form (don't know what the actual term is called) is put in for her.

If something funny or stupid happened at work I will text one of my coworkers about it, because if I told my friends they wouldn't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back