Archived how do preorder cards work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store doesn't sell many preorder cards (I can't recall ANYONE ever redeeming one, in four years), but we've actually been selling them for the new Xbox. When we start getting them in, how does this all work? How do we know how many have been preordered? When (and where) do we set all those aside? What happens if someone comes in with a card but we don't have any in stock?

Like I said, I've NEVER experienced any part of this process, and I think today was the first day I even sold one of the cards. They've been putting me in electronics lately, so I think I ought to know this stuff. Thanks so much!

You should be getting 5 or 10 units. Your ap-etl may know exactly how many units you are getting. Our units will be in the ap office when they come in. The guest buys the presell, we tell them to hang on to the slip & the card. We will hold the units for 1 week after the release date.

Check with your TL in Hardlines that is in charge of electronics,or the ETL HL. I know when we had the preorders for Disney Infinity come in, they were able to figure out how many for each system to set aside. Your ETL/TL should pick a spot for the "holding area". When someone comes up with the card, you go grab the prehold item, scan it, and then scan the back of the card. YOU hold on to the card. If there are any promos/free items with the system, you will want to make sure you scan everything first. If things don't come off, you will likely need to make the items a Target coupon, then you will need a GSTL for approval.

The preorder cards are rung up like any other item. When you hand the card back to the guest, remind them to bring it with them on the day they pick-up the game. Make sure you explain that the card will only work at your store, this isn’t true but I’ll explain later.

On the week of the release, or days prior, log on to workbench and look for a link that says “video game reservation card” or something like that. You can add it to your quick links for easy access. Click on the link and it should open a page that explains the program and provides general instructions. Somewhere on that page you should a link to a spreadsheet that contains the number of units you have to set aside. When you click the link you will have a spreadsheet open on excel. Look for your store number on that list or click CTRL+F and type your store number. The spreadsheet is a long list of stores, so the second method is easier. To the right of your store number it will give a quantity of units to set aside. Jot the numbers down somewhere, printing the page would be a waste of paper.

When you receive your shipments make sure you set aside the correct number of units. Make sure you have the numbers for every console; ex. PS3 15 and Xbox 11. You can store the games wherever you want, just make sure you communicate it with the rest of the electronics team. I recommend locking them up in a drawer in the boat.

Now when the guest comes to pick up their pre-ordered game, ask for their card. Ask if they purchased the card at your store. If the answer is no, grab a game from the salesfloor location. You do not want to sell your preordered games to guests without cards or from cards from other stores. This is why I tell the guest that they have to pick up the game from our store. If you want to avoid this issue you can hold a couple of extra copies.

If a guest comes with a preorder card and you’re complexly out of stock, I would call other stores and help him or her locate a copy. I would also call LOD or GSTL if they can do for the inconvenience.

If you have any questions you can ask your Electronics TL, Hardlines TL, or ETL-HL.

another issue that may come up is that the pre order card can be purchased at any Target and redeemed at any target, I would say 99% of people will redeem where they bought it but if somebody moved, etc your store could have more people come in with pre order cards than product set aside, for games we usualy set aside a couple extra copies however with the consoles there may not be enough to set any extra aside espicially if they are as hot of an item as I would imagine they will be

another issue that may come up is that the pre order card can be purchased at any Target and redeemed at any target, I would say 99% of people will redeem where they bought it but if somebody moved, etc your store could have more people come in with pre order cards than product set aside, for games we usualy set aside a couple extra copies however with the consoles there may not be enough to set any extra aside espicially if they are as hot of an item as I would imagine they will be

OK so here is the think with the Xbox One and PS3 Pre-order cards.

On the back of the pre-order cards name the location of where it was purchased from and can only be redeemed at the store purchased. So take a look at the back of them.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back