How do you act as a guest in other stores?

I'm very guilty of the involuntary zoning. Usually I just look around and try to spot what that store does differently. If I'm looking for something specific I'll come prepared with a DPCI to save the TM and myself some time, but that's about all the hinting I'll do at my employment.

There was a day when I walked into one store just to take a peek, and it turned out to have the same exact layout as my store, but with very minor differences. It was like walking into some bizarro world, or when you remember a place in a dream and it's all just slightly off but you can't tell until after. The TMs there probably thought that I had lost my mind by the way I was looking around the place, not that I worked at another Target.

Not very well. I went to Home Depot recently and picked up 2 pots in the garden center. It was 7:30 in the morning and the registers out there were not open yet. Went inside and cashier started scanning. Picked up the pot and turned it over but it wouldn't scan because the bar code was torn a little bit. Another cashier was going to take it back and get another but I grabbed it cause I knew I could walk faster. Got it and came back and a different person was on the register. Scanned that pot and picked up the next one, turned it over and the bar code was completely missing! I said "Oh for Christs fuck sake" grabbed it and went back out to the garden area and got another one. When I came back I sort of apologized by telling him I work at Target and am familiar with this problem, lol

I work PFresh so I'm definitely more vigilant in that area. I once found a PFresh team member and handed them about 5 packs of expired hotdogs. Other than that I sort of noticed I have a habit of randomly zoning certain areas and of course I pick the clothes off the floor when I see them. Target has made me a neat freak.

Thats not too bad. I had a lady ferociously demand my ID when i used my discount card.

hahahaha Was it me? I carded the DM after she showed her discount card. After I did it, I realized who she was. I have also carded every AP in my district if I didn't recognize them at the register. We have a lot of people from nearby stores who loan their cards to their distant relatives (or cousin's boyfriend's brother type of stuff). I still joke with one of the flow guys because we denied him. He didn't look like he was on our flow team, so we denied him. Oops.

hahahaha Was it me? I carded the DM after she showed her discount card. After I did it, I realized who she was. I have also carded every AP in my district if I didn't recognize them at the register. We have a lot of people from nearby stores who loan their cards to their distant relatives (or cousin's boyfriend's brother type of stuff). I still joke with one of the flow guys because we denied him. He didn't look like he was on our flow team, so we denied him. Oops.

Yeah my issue with the carding is if it's an independent of said team member you can't card them since their name isn't on the card. I get carding a team member though

The other day I went to the Target closer to where I live (there are two stores near me, and work at the farther one). At the one I work at, there was a sale for the Merona and Mossimo tshirts in RTW. I was shopping at the closer store with my friend, and decided to get some shirts, but they didn't have the signs posted. I asked the FRO if he knew anything about the sale and he said there wasn't one after checking the price. He told me to try price matching it at guest service, but they weren't able to verify it. We both thought it was weird that one store was doing one thing, and another store was doing the opposite. I had other things to buy so just bought those, and the GSTM was like oh so you work at the other store, and we talked a bit about how things are done differently and what not. It was interesting.

Target does not price match other Target Stores, who may be doing special clearences due to overstock/other reasons on items.

That being said, if you are referring to the 2/$10 deal, that was in the weekly ad and should have just come up on the computer anyway.

Target does not price match other Target Stores, who may be doing special clearences due to overstock/other reasons on items.

That being said, if you are referring to the 2/$10 deal, that was in the weekly ad and should have just come up on the computer anyway.

The 2/$10 wasn't working on our computers. We tried to price match on the tablet but they weren't coming up.

Wow, oh wow. Tonight I looked like hell and did not want my co-workers to see me looking this not put together and I was hurting and didn't want to have to shower again and change clothes, yada yada, so I opted to go to a different Target for a few groceries. (I didn't care if they saw me looking like hell since they don't know me, lol.) While walking through the store I was really impressed by the zoning. I found out how they got the time to do so when I checked out. It was 8pm, there was only one lane open, I was the sixth person in line and other than the guy in front of me we all had decently filled carts. I listened to the radio carried by the SCO TM, there was very little chatter and absolutely no calls for backup. I was waiting in line for 12 minutes. When it was my turn the cashier thanked me for my patience and when I asked what was going on, she said that someone had called out. Someone? Like maybe 3/4 of the store? I can't imagine not asking for backup with a line like that, unless literally no one is on the floor. The line didn't get shorter either, by the time I made it to the front, there were just as many people behind me. The store looking fabulous did not compensate the wait in line. The cashier was nice, she put half my groceries in the cart for me since I'm dealing with an injury (yay!!!!), but I was a little concerned that when I was fighting with my purse to get everything out, she scanned my TM discount card while it was still covering my ID and asked no proof that I was me. I thought that odd, since I've been in that store only twice in the last year, so I'm not a familiar face.

but I was a little concerned that when I was fighting with my purse to get everything out, she scanned my TM discount card while it was still covering my ID and asked no proof that I was me. I thought that odd, since I've been in that store only twice in the last year, so I'm not a familiar face.

Eh technically you can't ID everyone with a discount card. My wife has one and as a spouse or dependent your name isn't on it so there is no point of asking for their ID.

Now you can argue being a team member they should have IDed you but most cashiers dont even look at the name or whether its a team member or dependent. I have only been asked for my ID once at another store out of at least 20 trips.

Eh technically you can't ID everyone with a discount card. My wife has one and as a spouse or dependent your name isn't on it so there is no point of asking for their ID.

Now you can argue being a team member they should have IDed you but most cashiers dont even look at the name or whether its a team member or dependent. I have only been asked for my ID once at another store out of at least 20 trips.

I've never been asked for my id while using my tm discount.. And I've visited targets on the other side of the us.

Well ive been going to another store that is slightly closer than my store because i am out on std and my husband has to drive me since i had surgery last week. Well i am nice but the one cashier can't ring up coupons without having to call a gsa over for some reason and i always have coupons. On top of it, i had a lot of meat that had the meat coupons on them but they weren't tied to the item and he had to override them but he wasn't paying attention so by the end of the transaction i was a little frustrated and tired of telling him to override the coupons while trying to grit my teeth through the pain. But after 5 days of being home i was done lol and this store always has good meat deals. I also had two coupons for free items and he told me that the item i bought was less than the coupon item so I couldn't get it so I had to explain that to him. They were from the manufacturer because I bought the item and the product was gross. I miss my going to my store though. I try to be a nice guest but i think my frustration was clear and i think spot does a poor job training cashiers. Ive gone to this same cashier twice and he is nice but lacks eye contact, is slow, and obviously the issues with the coupons. Do a better job training spot!

Well ive been going to another store that is slightly closer than my store because i am out on std and my husband has to drive me since i had surgery last week. Well i am nice but the one cashier can't ring up coupons without having to call a gsa over for some reason and i always have coupons. On top of it, i had a lot of meat that had the meat coupons on them but they weren't tied to the item and he had to override them but he wasn't paying attention so by the end of the transaction i was a little frustrated and tired of telling him to override the coupons while trying to grit my teeth through the pain. But after 5 days of being home i was done lol and this store always has good meat deals. I also had two coupons for free items and he told me that the item i bought was less than the coupon item so I couldn't get it so I had to explain that to him. They were from the manufacturer because I bought the item and the product was gross. I miss my going to my store though. I try to be a nice guest but i think my frustration was clear and i think spot does a poor job training cashiers. Ive gone to this same cashier twice and he is nice but lacks eye contact, is slow, and obviously the issues with the coupons. Do a better job training spot!
To be fair on about 99% of those free item coupons it says participating stores only and let me tell you from experience we are not always a participating store

My husband gets asked for ID almost every time he uses his at every store other than mine (and that's because he tries to go to cashiers who know him.) For that matter, I seem to always get hassled when I try to use mine at other stores as well, especially the damn black ones they gave us when we became CVS (which is why I saved my old red one, but still have issues with that one.) I must look "suspicious" or something:cool:

A month ago, I was shopping at the Shopping Mall Target near my home (not my store) and I saw some hipster-looking guy in a red plaid shirt and beige pants. He was wandering the men’s apparel area and browsing. I knew he was a guest himself, not a TM, but I had the urge so badly to prank him with questions about where something was in the store. It took me everything not to do this.

Last edited:
Back