How do you act as a guest in other stores?

So, I was in the Savannah, GA store (in Savannah Mall) this past weekend and I soooo coveted their SD! They sort their returns/go-backs directly into carts. Not at my store. We have bins we sort them into and then have to dump into carts. I would love that option to sort right into carts!

My store is mainly carts, but we have two zones located to bins.

Haven't really shopped around at other Target since I've started working, at most I just know the lingo and feel that strange desire to zone, bring empties to GS with a location, and just tricks to the price check machines.

Good lord, I had the worst dream last night. I drempt that I was one of those guests, before realizing my mistake and apologizing profusely.
God, I hope I'm never like that in reality. I even asked for a manager! :oops:

I went to the Target by my house to stock up on the hot buttered rum coffee (the one my dad says is better than an orgasm) and subconsciously I started doing ad takedown. I had to tell myself to stop or else I would have done the entirety of market.

Ahhh I went shopping in my store over the weekend and it was weird! Every time I would hear a walkie go off near me, I'd try to listen in. Then I wanted to zone my area. And then I wanted to jump on a register and check myself out when the lanes were backed up. Lol

So, I was in the Savannah, GA store (in Savannah Mall) this past weekend and I soooo coveted their SD! They sort their returns/go-backs directly into carts. Not at my store. We have bins we sort them into and then have to dump into carts. I would love that option to sort right into carts!

My store does carts for reshop/go-backs, but bins for CRC/ESIM etc. Salvage goes directly into boxes on a tub behind the service desk so that they can be easily taped up and sent to the backroom.

I had a TM from another store come through my lane on Monday. She didn't have her discount card and I told her I couldn't type her numbers in. She asked for a manager. Really, broad? You know the policy! The GSTL actually knew her from working at a different store so she lucked out. She already had an attitude when she got into my line so I decided I wasn't going to be so nice to her.
My husband had a similar issue at a different store, except he DID have his card, but it wouldn't scan. The cashier wouldn't accept it because she said "they're only good at the HOME store." He ended up asking for a manager, who told her she was wrong & said to punch in the number.

My husband had a similar issue at a different store, except he DID have his card, but it wouldn't scan. The cashier wouldn't accept it because she said "they're only good at the HOME store." He ended up asking for a manager, who told her she was wrong & said to punch in the number.

Yeah, that was foolish of the cashier to think and say that. He had the card. Those things get messed up pretty quickly.

Only time I'll refuse a TM discount is if either they don't have their TM card or it's obviously not theirs (a la, someone's parent or friend is trying to use the discount)

I bent the rules once, but that was just because one of my coworkers was willing to let one of the Target Mobile guys use his discount as a favor. Against policy I'm sure, but hey, I ain't gonna tell nobody.

Yeah, I had a TM from a different store try to give me her number one day and I was like sorry but I can't. I'm just trying to make sure I don't get myself in any trouble. Sorry, fellow TM!

Am currently in another store....browsing with my mom and casually pulling all the ads they missed yesterday

It feels weird because what if a TM notices and asks what I'm doing OTL bUT I CAN'T JUST LEAVE THEM

Edit: Ended up taking down 20 in total, you're welcome.

Last edited:
To my horror I found myself fixing the Star Wars action figure section at another Target while I was hunting for some toys. Nothing was in its right place and it drove me nuts. I drove home reflecting on the monster I had become.

There are like a dozen Targets within <20 miles of my store, so it's pretty common for me to go into other Targets on my days off or if it's before I work at my own store that day and I happen to be by one. Most Target TMs who have been around a while at the other stores recognize me because they literally helped build my store (mine is the newest in the area, barely more than a year old right now). They scold me when I intinctively reach for the hip I always keep my walkie on when backup is called. They've given up on stopping my involuntary zoning of softlines and cosmetics. Especially endcaps with specific bases for lipsticks, eye makeup, and nail polish. Some still tease me about having been nicknamed the Trash Queen during Plan-o-Rama. There was one TM from another store who was sent to mine to be trained for AP and she was so confused because she knew I worked at my store but would in the past constantly see me shopping at hers and so for a while she thought I worked at both. Now, she gets tip offs from me about people trying to shoplift at her store.

As far as how I behave in other stores, I might confuse AP because I am very indecisive and the fact that I put what I change my mind about away where it belongs. Other than that and the involuntary zoning urges (thanks, OCD) I'm pretty normal and patient. Sometimes, I crack jokes with the cashiers.

Just like most other people here... I silently judge their store and compare it to mine lol. I mostly just zone involuntarily if I'm over in softlines. I was checking out the mens tables once and I actually pulled out the folding board that's built into them and started folding the clothes as I put them back. It wasn't until a softlines team member from their store was staring at me dumbfounded that I realized what I was doing, she thought it was funny haha.

But typically I don't announce that I work at target or anything, I'll just present my discount card and if the cashier asks about my employment I'll tell them.

***We actually had one guest come in and she slammed an expired sign down on the service desk and demanded the sale price, along with the sale price of the second expired sign hidden behind it. She wanted both because they were both up (even though the second one wasn't visible at all..) She literally brought the whole sign-holder up. I let her know that in the future she could just ask a team member on the floor about it or let the team member up front know, rather than taking apart store fixtures. She informed me, very pompously, that she has been a "top performing cashier at a super target, TXXX, for my entire three months with the company and you should be thanking me for doing your poor store a favor." She then informed me that I should ask my GSTL about handling expired signs, and that somebody so young looking should respect their elder coworkers. Note: she was probably 30.

Oh, how the tables turned how white her face got when I responded with "I actually am the GSTL, and like I said, you can just bring up the price discrepancy with somebody on the sales floor or one of my cashiers; you can pull the sign down if you want, but I wouldn't recommend taking down the whole fixture, because there is regular signing behind the expired As Advertised. This is a four dollar price difference, and as a top performing cashier I'm sure you know that we empower you cashiers to follow best practice and make your own price changes for anything under twenty dollars. But it's really great that you're a top performing cashier! Your peers could really learn from your experience, since your store is red for conversion and cashier speed. I'm assuming you're individual conversion rate is over 3%, though, since you're a top performer?"

Edit: I did have a fun conversation with her GSTL, too. She conveniently called me to brainstorm ideas for Conversion (since we used to have a close partnership) about a week later and I conveniently mentioned her top performing team member. Hint: she apparently had a conversion rate of 0.4% and a speed score of 63%.

Moral of the story: be respectful to other stores wen you're in them
I only ever mention I work at Target if I have a VERY rude Cashier who refuses to help me. I always politely say "You know if you came to my store and you felt you were being charged the wrong price, I would have fixed it for you without so much as a second thought! and since it is only a 4 dollar difference that would not be a problem at all! "

Have to admit, I was kind of a bitch the other day at the other store I work at. The SBTM was giving me a hard time about using a coupon with my TM discount. Fortunately, a newb was making my drink while we were having our "discussion," but it ended up with the LOD being called over & her being coached. She was also rude to the guest before me, who happened to still be sitting at a table and put her 2 cents in and recommended she "find another line of work." lol!

Have to admit, I was kind of a bitch the other day at the other store I work at. The SBTM was giving me a hard time about using a coupon with my TM discount. Fortunately, a newb was making my drink while we were having our "discussion," but it ended up with the LOD being called over & her being coached. She was also rude to the guest before me, who happened to still be sitting at a table and put her 2 cents in and recommended she "find another line of work." lol!

What, so she thought that since you used your TM discount you should't use a coupon or something?

Back