How do you act as a guest in other stores?

I have a phone book of apology coupons and have at least 6 price checks over $30 . I command respect and demand all of my requests filled.

Just kidding. If your a team member like that you are cancer and need to removed :)

I should have hit the more assistance button on someone's register today. Two open registers, one with their light off, twelve guests.

Probably the back up cashier that didn't want to turn their light on...not realizing how much harder it makes it for the regular cashiers who are trying to train the guests that off means closed.
the guest will never understand that. i have given up all hope on that one

today i saw something i wanted stocked in the wrong place. i waited around mostly because i wanted to ask something else and pulled someone new doing a perishable go back at another store. hey they sign isn't what the product is, can i get a price check? he came back and said if we bring it to the front they'd let me know but he has to remove the sales tag.

i really wanted them to remove the tag so they get don't get screwed.

today i saw something i wanted stocked in the wrong place. i waited around mostly because i wanted to ask something else and pulled someone new doing a perishable go back at another store. hey they sign isn't what the product is, can i get a price check? he came back and said if we bring it to the front they'd let me know but he has to remove the sales tag.

i really wanted them to remove the tag so they get don't get screwed.

I noticed in the electronics department at another store back when we used to sell monitors that someone has reversed the signs for the monitors, not just for the displays but for the 3X5 on the shelves.

I went and found a TM really quick on that one because it was either the set up for a scam or some seriously bad training.
Either way they were going to have serious problems if they didn't get it fixed quick.

one time I asked for a price adjustment on an item because it was obvious they were done with the zone of that aisle and they had placed multiple boxes of the $100 item in a $25 spot…I asked for an adjustment to the $70 price that I found above it because I knew it wasn't the lowest price and couldn't find a team member to price check.

One rule I have as a "guest" (I prefer customer) is I never call stores and ask if they have something unless the item online says "availability unknown" or "limited stock" and I want to put it on hold. We get so many people calling and asking if we have things in stock, and then we have to get a team member to stop what they're doing when they're already super busy doing their own work and helping other guests who are actually at the store. If you want to know if an item is in stock, just check online! And if you want to be sure it's really there, come to the store and see for yourself.

I was a guest at my own store the other day. And saw a new TM that I had not previously met. I walked by to see if he would ask CIHYFS. He passed. The next day he came in and I was in TSC in full red & khacki. He was probably like o_O

I was looking for the C-Spot reading glasses for my cousin. My store was sold out so we hit another one. I asked the Service Desk TM to check their stock. She told me she couldn't do it from her register. So I showed her how to do it, since that's my work area. She was all happy about learning something new. Better yet, she found there was a whole box in the back... bought about a dozen of the glasses.

It's interesting to me that there are people that rarely go to other Targets. I pretty much NEVER go into my store on my days off to shop. Luckily, where I live, happens to be right in the middle of a bunch of Targets. There's about 6 of them, less than 10 minutes away from me. So I end up going to whichever one I'm in the mood for, because they're all very different. It also depends which surrounding businesses I need to go to as well. If I want a burger for lunch, I'll go to the one by the restaurant I like. But if I need to go to a butcher, I'll go to the one next to a grocery store. (no Super Targets in my area)

I also don't like to let it known I'm a TM until I present my Discount Card. I try hard to be a really good guest, it's like a challenge. So when I fail my little game, It's disappointing. One time, it was on Black Friday actually, a few years ago. I decided to check out a store once the crowds calmed down. I didn't buy much, but I grabbed a stray cart I found on the sales floor anyway. I just got some console accessories in Electronics. On my way out, I noticed the AP at the exit turn my way. I rarely take the carts outside if I don't need to, so I was giving the AP the cart, because I notice him turn to me. Before I could say anything, he says, "Are those yours?" I didn't know what he was talking about until he pointed to the bottom of the cart, to a pile of wash clothes at the bottom of the cart. I said, "Oh! Nope, I didn't even see those! But I was going to hand this off to you anyway." I had a good laugh because I know that probably made him think he just stopped some theft, but I legitimately had no idea there were cloths on the cart that I didn't want to take out of the store anyway. HAHA, oh well, can't say I wouldn't think the same.

It's interesting to me that there are people that rarely go to other Targets. I pretty much NEVER go into my store on my days off to shop. Luckily, where I live, happens to be right in the middle of a bunch of Targets. There's about 6 of them, less than 10 minutes away from me. So I end up going to whichever one I'm in the mood for, because they're all very different. It also depends which surrounding businesses I need to go to as well. If I want a burger for lunch, I'll go to the one by the restaurant I like. But if I need to go to a butcher, I'll go to the one next to a grocery store. (no Super Targets in my area)

I also don't like to let it known I'm a TM until I present my Discount Card. I try hard to be a really good guest, it's like a challenge. So when I fail my little game, It's disappointing. One time, it was on Black Friday actually, a few years ago. I decided to check out a store once the crowds calmed down. I didn't buy much, but I grabbed a stray cart I found on the sales floor anyway. I just got some console accessories in Electronics. On my way out, I noticed the AP at the exit turn my way. I rarely take the carts outside if I don't need to, so I was giving the AP the cart, because I notice him turn to me. Before I could say anything, he says, "Are those yours?" I didn't know what he was talking about until he pointed to the bottom of the cart, to a pile of wash clothes at the bottom of the cart. I said, "Oh! Nope, I didn't even see those! But I was going to hand this off to you anyway." I had a good laugh because I know that probably made him think he just stopped some theft, but I legitimately had no idea there were cloths on the cart that I didn't want to take out of the store anyway. HAHA, oh well, can't say I wouldn't think the same.
Fail for the cashier they forgot BOB bottom of basket

One rule I have as a "guest" (I prefer customer) is I never call stores and ask if they have something unless the item online says "availability unknown" or "limited stock" and I want to put it on hold. We get so many people calling and asking if we have things in stock, and then we have to get a team member to stop what they're doing when they're already super busy doing their own work and helping other guests who are actually at the store. If you want to know if an item is in stock, just check online! And if you want to be sure it's really there, come to the store and see for yourself.
To be honest its better that they call. Because 1 the website is ussually very inaccurate, and the counts aren't always correct. I would much rather take a phone call then screamed at by a customer for five minutes.

I like looking at the different layouts other stores have. My store is more unique because it's a large former Greatland store and the Backroom is unique due to the layout of the shopping center.

I was surprised to see that a very old store near my home has almost the exact same layout as a much newer one 10 miles away.

To be honest its better that they call. Because 1 the website is ussually very inaccurate, and the counts aren't always correct. I would much rather take a phone call then screamed at by a customer for five minutes.

I understand why people would want to call the store and ask for stuff, but they assume that there are actually enough employees in the store to put items on hold. I once thought the same, but alas, those were the days when I was naive and foolish.
Since I've started working here, I realized that it's unfair to expect employees to stop what they're doing and shop for you. For one thing, we're way too understaffed to do that. And secondly, why the hell can't you just come to the store and find it yourself?
When I'm buying something, I either order it online or come to the store and look for it. If they don't have what I want, I go look for it somewhere else. This whole "look for me" idea spot has is just encouraging lazy and entitled customers, and on top of that, we don't even have enough people working in the store to waste time on it.

I knock everything off the shelves and walk away. No actually I find since working at Target regardless of which store I go to if I find something on the floor I pick it up (and actually put it in the right spot drives my girlfriend nuts) I also find I'm a lot more patient with cashiers cause I understand the struggle. Other than that I'm just normal I guess?

I knock everything off the shelves and walk away. No actually I find since working at Target regardless of which store I go to if I find something on the floor I pick it up (and actually put it in the right spot drives my girlfriend nuts) I also find I'm a lot more patient with cashiers cause I understand the struggle. Other than that I'm just normal I guess?

Not relevant to the post, but it seems like you're one of those guys that talks about his girlfriend a lot. Every time I read one of your comments, your girlfriend is in there somewhere. Not that I have a problem with it. I actually think it's kind of endearing.
(Also I kind of have a thing for your brother. Can you set me up?) ;)

Not relevant to the post, but it seems like you're one of those guys that talks about his girlfriend a lot. Every time I read one of your comments, your girlfriend is in there somewhere. Not that I have a problem with it. I actually think it's kind of endearing.
(Also I kind of have a thing for your brother. Can you set me up?) ;)
Well my girlfriend and I work together so it's hard to make a Target post sometimes without mentioning her I see her pretty much everyday. Plus she's super cool and worth talking about. From what I heard my brother actually was here and left a while back. Pretty sad IMO.

I have a wet toilet paper party in the bathrooms. Throw wadded, wet paper against the wall, mirror, and pretty much anything else that isn't moving.

I found out recently that you can take the guy out of Target but you can't take the Target out of the guy. I went with my mother the other day and instead of just leaving the clothes I tried on at the fitting room desk I went back out and put them up in the correct place and made sure the sizes were in the right spot. It drove my mother nuts because I reorganized almost an entire shirt rack. I also gave some items that needed to be QMOS'd to the TM in market and gave a TM in Electronics some go backs I found while wandering around. My mom says she's never bringing me with her again.

I had a TM from another store come through my lane on Monday. She didn't have her discount card and I told her I couldn't type her numbers in. She asked for a manager. Really, broad? You know the policy! The GSTL actually knew her from working at a different store so she lucked out. She already had an attitude when she got into my line so I decided I wasn't going to be so nice to her.

Back