How do you act as a guest in other stores?

Early this week I had a TM from another store come through my lane with his mom. And they wrote pretty rude to me, and his mother threw an absolute fit and insisted that she be allowed to use his discount card. The TM tried to lie to me and tell me the name on the credit card (order was over $200) was his name...even though the name on the card was very feminine and his name on the TM card was his real name. So I let them have the discount because I'm not there to argue with people.

Then after he left I wrote down his name and store number (I knew what store it was since it's our closest store) and gave it to my ETL-HR for her to email down to the other store. Bet he doesn't pull that attitude, lying, being a complete jerk any time soon.

This thread reminds me of how one time a team member came into my store one time wearing red and khaki just booking it though the store. I thought it was someone trying to shoplift wearing the uniform so I followed him. He ended up using his discount card so I looked up what store he was from and it came back to a store 500+ miles away from mine. Still haven't figured that one out...

This thread reminds me of how one time a team member came into my store one time wearing red and khaki just booking it though the store. I thought it was someone trying to shoplift wearing the uniform so I followed him. He ended up using his discount card so I looked up what store he was from and it came back to a store 500+ miles away from mine. Still haven't figured that one out...

You haven't heard? it is our new "Store to Store" Pilot. it is called "Project Hermes"

You haven't heard? it is our new "Store to Store" Pilot. it is called "Project Hermes"

"Fast service needed in T123 Domestics, who is responding?"

(You can use the discount in other stores? I didn't know that!)

I usually try to get what I need and get out because I KNOW that if I linger I'm gonna end up zoning. But sometimes I can't help it. I went to this one store's RTW department in search of new work clothes. There were shirts in piles on the tables, clothes falling off the hangers, jeans tossed everywhere... Luckily my boyfriend was with me and pulled me away before I started fixing things!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who reacts this way, lol.

You're the creep that was following me!!!

It really depends on the situation a lot of the time... I don't want to seem like I am telling someone how to do their job.

I usually don't spy unless we get beat up in a visit...then I go and validate my feelings of we aren't THAT bad cause look how awful such and such store is

I think I have set off AP alarm bells before at other stores. I usually go in without taking a basket or cart and go through the outer racetrack to find all the clearance endcaps. I'm usually in there for max 15 min and usually leave empty handed. One TPS at a store always looks at me out of the corner of his eyes.

So I was in a Target the other day... The cashier was extremely, extremely rude... Both to me and the guests ahead of me.

So I did a survey... Holy poop jt was long and extremely detailed. I now completely understand why we would get half green/red scores on surveys... People would just low-ball us when it got too much. Hell, it asked if the cashier asked about Cartwheel, Target Ticket, the Target App, Free Wi-Fi, and other services. I made the mistake of saying yes... And it then asked about how I liked those.

I also wrote my comments in Target and used green/yellow/red scoring... I would how the ETL's are going to react to that.. Haha

Yup. The district team lead is the store team leaders boss, and they run a small group of stores.

I'm sure it's possible for a DTL to visit another district, and I'm sure it happens, but I can't imagine it would be that common. This is juuuust out of reach from my knowledge of how the higher-up's work, anybody have insight?

It could be they were on vacation. I know when I worked as a store manager for another retailer, I'd drop in to check out a store (it was usually raining). If I saw something good or bad, you could bet I'd pass that feedback along to the manager before they got busted by someone else.

When I visit another store...I always act there the way I would want them to act if the visited my store. I have been on vacation and stopped into a Spot just to see how other stores look etc....if I do buy something...and use my discount they always say wow how long have you been with Spot. I still have one of the older looking discount cards...that's why they ask...took me a while to figure that out lol .

lol, try using a discount card that starts 0009, and explaining that they need to put 1 zero in front of it to make it work :)

Not sure I follow, they have to enter a 0 before scanning it? Or does it not scan? We were told explicitly to never type in discount numbers some time last year, the only exception was to be people who were new hires and had the temporary card with their # written on it, otherwise if they don't have their discount card, too bad, so sad. We were told that even if they were our STL or one of the ETL's, still so sad too bad. Do other stores still regularly allow employee discount #'s to be typed in?

lol, try using a discount card that starts 0009, and explaining that they need to put 1 zero in front of it to make it work :)

Not sure I follow, they have to enter a 0 before scanning it? Or does it not scan? We were told explicitly to never type in discount numbers some time last year, the only exception was to be people who were new hires and had the temporary card with their # written on it, otherwise if they don't have their discount card, too bad, so sad. We were told that even if they were our STL or one of the ETL's, still so sad too bad. Do other stores still regularly allow employee discount #'s to be typed in?

That discount card is very faded, and it's been washed a few times, so it won't scan at all, but the name and number are still visible so you can hand key it.

Weird, we were told that it they didn't scan, sucks to be them, they can order a new card.

I only had one employee try and get me to type in their # since then, and I refused. They got angry, and tried telling me I was in the wrong and that another cashier had done it for them. I called over the STL, who told them what I told them, and then yelled at them for trying to coerce me into doing something I knew was against policy.

Back