How do you act as a guest in other stores?

Weird, we were told that it they didn't scan, sucks to be them, they can order a new card.

I only had one employee try and get me to type in their # since then, and I refused. They got angry, and tried telling me I was in the wrong and that another cashier had done it for them. I called over the STL, who told them what I told them, and then yelled at them for trying to coerce me into doing something I knew was against policy.

I would have been pissed too. If someone has a card that CLEARLY belongs to them, there is no reason you cant key the number...

Although I would have been more pissed at your store leadership for being dumbfucks.

I think I'm a pretty good guest. I almost never ask for help even if I'm lost. I'd rather walk the whole store than have to talk to people while I'm shopping lol. I also pull junk forward. Few days ago I slight zoned some deodorant. I use hawkridge by old spice (yes, I am a woman and it smells glorious and comes in an aluminum free version, but I digress)and I couldn't find it and I was all "omg is it discontinued!?" Then I realized there were two sections of wolfthorn or bearglove (I forget which, but it was wild collection) so I moved the out of place row back to it's actual location and boom there it was, hawkridge. I wasn't even buying deodorant that day. I jus have issues.

TL;dr old spice has awesome names for their scents.

I rarely go to other Targets, but when I do, I always look around at all the weird differences between my store and the one I'm at.

I have a good story relating to this thread also. There used to be an instocks lady who worked at my store who I knew pretty well and was friendly with. Eventually she moved to a different store as an HRTM I think. She would occasionally come in to our store the first couple months, but then I didn't see her for years, until earlier this year. She came in to my store around closing time. I said hi and she seemed kind of reluctant to acknowledge me. Then at 15 minutes to close, she comes up with a cart overflowing with stuff and says she needs to get another cart and asked if I could hold her full one up front. So I hold it up front and she comes back at five minutes past close with another overflowing cart, and takes so long to checkout. She questioned prices and had lots of coupons and was generally a terrible guest to have after closing time. I didn't check her out luckily, but I stayed and helped with some of her price questioning. I just thought it was funny how she probably thought she had waited long enough to shop and there wouldn't be people she still knew at her old store, and then she walks in and sees me immediately. It was funny. She used a TM discount too, so she knows what kind of guest she was.

whenever I go to another store whether it's Target or not, I always have a tendency to tidy up. My friends always point it out, but it's just a natural thing I learned while working at Target. I just put things in the right place and fold things if they need to be folded. It's totally weird, but I just have a tendency to go for it.

i try to be accommodating. i ask for the scanner for oversized things to save them the hassle. i try to not do annoying things. if i know things better, i'll talk up but politely.

I called for back up in another store the other day. There was no GSA/GSTL in sight. The lines were 1+5. I walked to SD, where there was no one in sight, picked up the walkie and called for back up. It worked. lol
This is hilarious. I've frequently contemplated hitting the back-up button on attended lanes.

I should have hit the more assistance button on someone's register today. Two open registers, one with their light off, twelve guests.

I should have hit the more assistance button on someone's register today. Two open registers, one with their light off, twelve guests.

Probably the back up cashier that didn't want to turn their light on...not realizing how much harder it makes it for the regular cashiers who are trying to train the guests that off means closed.

Probably the back up cashier that didn't want to turn their light on...not realizing how much harder it makes it for the regular cashiers who are trying to train the guests that off means closed.

I absolutely hate this. I have a GSA that won't ever turn her light on if she's just backing up and I never know if I can send guests over to her or if I should just hit the button again.

I don't think it makes to any harder to "train" guests.

These are guests that have typically been shopping for 20+ years by now, they're never going to be trained because they're self-centered assholes who know what the light being off means, they're just too dumb to bother to check, or they do check, and get in line anyway hoping they can pass off their self-centered behavior as a mistake.

I'm very patient. I will wait if I have to in line, when a cashier apologizes for a wait I'll respond with "nope I don't mind. Everyone should get time in a line to reflect on life and slow down. It's not like I waited 15 minutes."
If I see someone struggling to help me or someone close around me, I'll ask what they're trying to do and ask of its okay to talk them through it. If they say no, it's cool and if yes, cool.

As I'm shopping I like to be loud toward rude and sloppy guests. "Geez I can only imagine how their house is making a mess in public..." or if I have my kids, "put that away, these people are not babysitters or housekeepers, they do not clean up directly for you."

This is all probably much. If I do just the guest thing I try to not blow my cover bc I'm probably trying to observe their team selling dynamic. Or I get asked to undercover for a tl.

I usually don't mention that I work for target. There have a been a few times when lines are out of control that I will seek out the gstl or lod and mention they might want to call for back up. Once I was in a store on a Sunday they had a wave parked on the floor in toys. I had my wave key and drove the wave into the backroom. People just looked at me like who the hell is this guy. Most of the time I just observe and think about the differences between that sore and mine

I usually don't mention that I work for target. There have a been a few times when lines are out of control that I will seek out the gstl or lod and mention they might want to call for back up. Once I was in a store on a Sunday they had a wave parked on the floor in toys. I had my wave key and drove the wave into the backroom. People just looked at me like who the hell is this guy. Most of the time I just observe and think about the differences between that sore and mine

"wave" "parked on the floor" and "toys"
eye twitching intensifies
I'm just a SFTM and I was told if I ever see the wave missing its TM on the floor during open hours, especially in a children's department to promptly call the LOD so he/she can raise the appropriate hell. What if the keyswitch broke and was jammed open? (Granted this doesn't happen often but it could) A kid could have climbed on it and while fussing around like kids do could have done serious damage to him/herself and the store.

Even when I shop at my store it's like I'm from another store...being from Flow team, I don't know most of the daytime or evening team members, so I get asked CIHYFS a lot. If I happen to run into someone I do know, I get a loud and exaggerated CIHYFS. But no matter which Target I'm shopping at I try to be a polite guest. I don't want to make someone else's job harder. One time I did show an on-duty TM at another store who was clearly new how to do something on the PDA, that was fun actually.

Even when I shop at my store it's like I'm from another store...being from Flow team, I don't know most of the daytime or evening team members, so I get asked CIHYFS a lot.

I've been guilty of that from time to time. But it's generally new flow TMs and Target Mobile (because I don't know any of them since I avoid electronics like the plague).

Even when I shop at my store it's like I'm from another store...being from Flow team, I don't know most of the daytime or evening team members, so I get asked CIHYFS a lot.

I've been guilty of that from time to time. But it's generally new flow TMs and Target Mobile (because I don't know any of them since I avoid electronics like the plague).

Hah. I've been here almost a year and a half and a lot of people, especially many of the cashiers think I'm new. Except the one who trained me on cashier my first week there, he still remembers me and says hello.

I called for back up in another store the other day. There was no GSA/GSTL in sight. The lines were 1+5. I walked to SD, where there was no one in sight, picked up the walkie and called for back up. It worked. lol
This is hilarious. I've frequently contemplated hitting the back-up button on attended lanes.

One of my friends accidentally took her walkie home, but then had to go shop at another Target, so she brought her walkie in. She took a video of her saying on the walkie "LOD, this is (made-up name) clocking out for the day" and the LOD responding.

We have had pharmacy guests who are TMs at different stores. One is a TOTAL "B" and tried to pull the "do you know who I am?" card on a fellow tech (and was basically threatening to get her fired) not long ago because the tech wouldn't fill her Rx early. Our ETL called her STL and told him (about her threatening the tech, not specifically what she was asking for). I'm not sure if she got in trouble or not, but she hasn't been back since....

Even when I shop at my store it's like I'm from another store...being from Flow team, I don't know most of the daytime or evening team members, so I get asked CIHYFS a lot. If I happen to run into someone I do know, I get a loud and exaggerated CIHYFS. But no matter which Target I'm shopping at I try to be a polite guest. I don't want to make someone else's job harder. One time I did show an on-duty TM at another store who was clearly new how to do something on the PDA, that was fun actually.

I end up helping cashiers at other stores and sometimes the ones in my store when I'm a guest. No one ever knows how to manually enter the ebt cards when they don't work.

Back