Archived How do you have fun at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatetank

Push McHardlines
  • Make up pun names and use pop culture references for people on the walkie.
  • Call AP and tell them to check the sketchy guy on a certain aisle when it's just me there.
  • Put silica gel packets in weird places. Like on the very top of gondolas.
  • Ask if we carry random things on the walkie. "Electronics, do we have Spice Girls greatest hits?"

Think of various ways to commit suicide as I travel about the store doing SFS

Face in a blender would hurt a lot but probably not kill me...

I could eat all the sugary snacks, but that would take too long...

If I get 2 cart pushers I could pop my head like a ripe melon...

This is fun!

Have always made goofy faces to communicate with other TMs if I can’t say something out loud (with a guest, or thing said might be viewed as inappropriate, etc.) and by now I’ve conditioned most of the team to do it back, including the upper leadership.

Have (harmlessly) pranked people before, including ETL-AP, APTL, and TPS guys. Usually just goofy stuff to get back at them for previous shenanigans.

Used to attach any unidentifiable blind bag toys we found laying around without packaging to the electronic registers and receipt printers using velcro dots. Kiddos shopping got a kick outta that, some parents, too.

- "that's a negative, Ghostrider" when answering a question from a TM in the negative

- "yo is that where I go to sign up for overtime???" when HR comes by with the Approaching OT list looking for people to chew out

- "seeya tomorrow" to the ETLs when I'm scheduled off the next day

- "for sure done by 3:30" when asked at 9am how long I think it will take to complete a task

- hollering "DIBS" when the phone rings with a possible callout

- saying "sucks to suck!" when a flow TM pulls out a pallet that I stacked and it collapses

- saying "LMAO GUESS IT'S FREE LOLOLOLOL" with a mentally challenged face on when I'm checking out at guest service and the item doesn't scan

- asking AP if I can borrow his Taser baton after dealing with an annoying guest

- "I came here to eat pizza and work 12 hours and we're all out of pizza" when the store got pizza on my day off and I come in the next day to find empty pizza boxes in the break room

Also I once scribbled a silhouette of Trump with an oversized toupee on the "GO BACKS" sign at Guest Service but they took it down. RIP.

Conan the barbarian Arnold/ crush the unload, drive the freight before you and hear the lamentations of meh I dunno lamentations screw things up. Hear the good-job-didn’t -think-we’d- finish from tms.

I like to pawn off annoying guests to select TLs who are never doing anything. The grouchier the guest, the better.

Other than that, get the new Oreo flavors and have everyone try them. I have low standards for fun

I joke around with coworkers.

I check in on the teammates and TLs I care about.

I help out the newbies.

I try to keep a good work ethic.

This may all sound trivial, but if you were to put it into practice everyday. Then Work may just become much more enjoyable for you.

Draw little pictures of bullseye and put them at the team leads’ desks without telling them

Do everyone’s defectives for them

Make drink samples at Starbucks

Fold all the stray bath towels before putting them in the domestics reshop

Tidy up the store pickup area and make sure all the bag labels are facing out

Put a toy horse on top of the ATM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back