Archived How fast is your truck done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ani

28-30 TMs on a 2300 truck? 15 unloading. How long SHOULD it take, starting at 4am? I'm finding it difficult to get done by our scheduled time out, by 9am. What works for u?

Granted everyone shows up and there are no "hiccupps" i.e. Equipment failure, receiving dock not jammed, Average time is 90 minutes as Hardlinesmaster stated. I too consign if you truly have 28-30 tm's scheduled just for the unload of 1 truck, it should be done in 15 minutes. I think 28-30 tm's is what you have scheduled for the entire unload process. Granted you probably have 9-12 tm's only scheduled for the actual unload. Then again (a.s.an.t.s.)

Trucks at my store are all done within the hour, 2 throwers, rest on the line. I'd say about 12-15 TMs on the unloading process.

In my store it's done in just under an hour for most trucks maybe a little longer when we get big trucks like 2400+. No matter what there is always 2 throwers and the other 15 or so tm are on the line. Trucks is unloaded and push is complete by 6am backstock usually by 7am

We unload a 2000 piece truck in about 75 minutes with 2 throwers, 1 bumper, 1 scanner, and 5 people on the line itself.

28-30 TMs on a 2300 truck? 15 unloading. How long SHOULD it take, starting at 4am? I'm finding it difficult to get done by our scheduled time out, by 9am. What works for u?
That sounds pretty reasonable but how far past 9am is it taking?

I think we have around 10 on the unload and a 2300 would take them about 90 minutes to unload. We have less than 20 TMs for the entire process and it takes them all damn day to finish it.

With 15 TMs you should definitely be hitting that hour unload goal. If you don't, it can slow down the momentum of the rest of the day.

In my store it's done in just under an hour for most trucks maybe a little longer when we get big trucks like 2400+. No matter what there is always 2 throwers and the other 15 or so tm are on the line. Trucks is unloaded and push is complete by 6am backstock usually by 7am
You must be an overnight store?

Should take under an hour and getting done by 9 am is impossible unless your push to floor is like a 1000 lol. All stores should be overnight. Guests should never see the craziness of logistics.

We have boxes all over the floor at market when the store opens, worse of they still pushing HBA.

And 15+TMs? Damn. We only have 5 TMs on line, 1 scanner, 1 accelerator, 2 throwers, and one Backstock (me). We finish 1hr45mins on a 2500 truck

4a.m. process

under 1800 ~50 mins
1800-2200 ~60 mins
2200-2600 ~75 mins
2600+ ~90 mins
Is pretty much the norm at my store for emptying the truck.

2 throwing
1 pacer/pallet in truck puller(Ususally the TL)
1 scanner/pacer
4 in front of line
2 in back of line
2 pulling pallets to the floor
the rest in breakout or bowling.

Although if you ask our ETL log you're expected to hit those times even if you're down a pacer, 1 in front of line and 1 in back of line(not unusual at all). Basically you're expected to unload as fast as possible no matter what. Bowl everything out and get all off the floor and proceed to carts.

General rule is that for ever 100 boxes you need 1 TM to finish the whole thing without extending for my store. So 2300 piece truck you'll need 23 people total to get it done etc, ofc that's a super soft rule. Autos can kill you or your repacks can be really heavy in one area for some reason TMs can just not be up for it. We've had days where we knock out a 2400 piece truck with 16 hours of autos and 230 repack easily with 20 people others where we struggle to finish a 2200 piece truck 180 repack with 11 hour autos with those same 20 people. Usually getting everything out there and started stocking is the key, if we can get everything out and bowled by 5:30a.m. or earlier we'll have an easy day, if it's by 5:50a.m. probably going to need a one or two extra to stay to finish up if we're still bowling out by 6a.m. it's going to be a long day.

All stores should be overnight. Guests should never see the craziness of logistics.[/QUOTE]
GlobalTL123- You're right. We have been running late periodically and the guests definitely notice. Luckily I have regulars I chat with but yesterday a few (irregulars) were complaining. It is definitely more time consuming (especially for newbies) to stock around shoppers. Is there a loitering gene?

Our store is an overnight process, truck unload starts at around 10pm at my A+/AA volume PFresh. Our process is a bit fucky lately since we lost one of our overnight ETLs, but it seems like we're able to come clean most of the time. I don't work directly with the overnight crew, but I have a couple friends on the overnight backroom team. The number of TMs we have on unloading the truck will fluctuate based on the size of the truck, but typically truck unload is done within the hour, sometimes it might go on an extra 15 minutes for a larger truck/callouts/etc, but truck unload is almost always finished within an hour and a half barring extenuating circumstances.

I don't know anything about our consumables truck though, other than that we are supplied by C&S.

6AM process here. I always make sure our unload is completed by 7AM regardless of the truck size. Should NEVER take more than an hour. I have 2 throwers, 1 flipper, 3 on the back and 5 on the front. On small trucks >1800, we should be unloaded and into push by 7. We usually have between 25 and 28TMs per truck. Depending on the size of the truck and repacks, we wrap up push between 10 and 11:00. We bowl out A, B, and G and push from flats to the rest of the store. Key thing is, any minute past 7:00 and we're wasting valuable guest free time so getting the unload complete in 60min or less is HUGE!

I have 2 throwers, 1 flipper, 3 on the back and 5 on the front.

You have eight people grabbing boxes off the line and putting them on skids?! That's amazing. Is that common? When I worked the line we had 5- 3 on front, 2 on back (and we had a handful of days with only 4...those were horrible) and we received 1600-2200pc trucks (normally closer to 1800)

For a while I was responsible for pulling boxes for all of market (3 skids), B (2 skids) , HBA/One Spot (2 skids), paper (1), and helping with chemicals (1). I kind of miss the line sometimes, but on the days when I wasn't feeling it that workload was the worst! Having to run boxes to nine skids was so overwhelming at times. I eventually adjusted and got pretty good at it, but for the longest time it felt like I was never gonna get better!

But I digress- we'd normally get done with unload in an hour and a half- anything beyond that meant it was gonna be a bad day haha.

My store has been working with around 21 TMs on a good day. Like Friday, for instance, we had 21 people with a 2300 truck. We finished unload around 5:05 a.m. (4 a.m. start), and finished entire truck by 11. (10:30 without lunch break.)

We were legit WEEKS behind on our trucks... You could not move in the Backroom. We received a new Etl, who pushes less than our old Etl did, and we are always clean, and the team usually can help push pog/spl.

After the unload and we get through the biggest areas ( wave pets, beauty, personal, then market) people are assigned pallets and given time limits. We literally cleaned up our Backroom in a few days. FOLLOW UP FOLLOW UP FOLLOW UP. Hold people accountable and give them goals.

Two throwers on our truck and I'm always trying to make up for whoever the second thrower is gonna be that day. Sometimes we can do a 2300 by 11:35 (starts at 10:30) and sometimes it takes until 11:45. So I base my personal speed on double trucks. One person per truck unloaded at the same time, I just did a 2300 solo by 12:00 and always go to help the other truck. Most of our thowers we've had over the last couple years have made me feel like I had a parachute on during unload. Some days though it seems like everything is getting choked at the scanner. Drives me insane.

Last edited:
With two throwing and ten on the line, it takes us 90 minutes to get a 2,300 piece truck done.

It doesn't matter though. In my experience, all logistic ETL's are never satisfied with how fast the truck is done. Speed often comes at the price of worker safety as "Speed is Life" at Target. I've seen team members pass out, throwers who were hurt, injured, and taken out on stretchers by avalanches inside the truck, and just this week an elderly team member was clutching at his chest complaining of discomfort.

With two throwing and ten on the line, it takes us 90 minutes to get a 2,300 piece truck done.

It doesn't matter though. In my experience, all logistic ETL's are never satisfied with how fast the truck is done. Speed often comes at the price of worker safety as "Speed is Life" at Target. I've seen team members pass out, throwers who were hurt, injured, and taken out on stretchers by avalanches inside the truck, and just this week an elderly team member was clutching at his chest complaining of discomfort.

I've had some close calls before, and plenty of minor injuries. Most of the time my store is considerate of our conditions during unload but sometimes that "never satisfied" attitude does take over. When that happens I tend to slow myself down as opposed to meeting lofty expectations.

Ours is done pretty fast cause they hide stuff through the store that we find later while zoning so couldn't really give you an exact time since its basically all day fixing their mistakes lol

In my store: usually about a 2200 piece truck. Two people throwing it, one pushing the line, one person behind the line for bulk transition, there are usually five or six people on the line, two people pulling pallets, three-five people pre-pushing HBA, one person pre-pushing pets, one person bowling C+D, one person pre-pushing market, one person pushing paper, three people doing pulls, four people breaking out in softlines, one person breaking out repacks, and one person pre-pushing B.

Truck unload is done by 5:40 at the latest, no matter the size. Everyone except C+D (two pallet pullers and bowler), market pre-pusher, softlines, one person in electronics and B pusher, comes out to finish pushing HBA, chem and pets, always done by break at 6. After break most people then go to market, while backroom goes to do toys. Floor is always done - excluding seasonal (and carriages) which sits on the back wall, by the time we open at 8. Five - six people then go to A to push the carriages once the store opens, one person pushes B carriages, C+D do their carriages and breakouts, one person pushes the pets and toys carriage. Most people aside from backroom and electronics leave at 9:45 at least, usually earlier for most. Then around 4-5 people stay to do the rest of the back stock and leave around 11-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back