Archived How to fix a mycheckout device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I dropped a my checkout device (the one that is a zebra my device with the card reader on the back) and somehow the unit that holds the card reader popped off the back. It seems to communicate wirelessly so the two pieces work fine but you can't but them back together because there there a black piece that needs to slide back before you can reattach it and then slide the side sliders down to lock in back in. The only problem is that the sliders on the side that need to move up don't move and it seems like there is a screw or something right next to it that's gold that keeps it in place. Is there some kind of tool or method to get the sliders to move to rejoin the two pieces?

Once separated, the only fix is to send it in for repair.
I can confirm though they’ll still work after they’re reattached if it lets you re attach them. It came off at gs The other day so I put it back on and used it later on mycheckout. Worked fine.

I’ve seperated mine a few times to swap batteries. Just take the case off the mydevice and it will attach easily without unlocking it since the case is flexible. Once the case is attached to the card reader, you should be able to just pop the mydevice into the case.

You can also borrow a torx bit/driver from your PMT and manually disengage the lock, reattach and screw back in.
There is a Phillips screw in the middle of the housing that attaches the phone to the mount. Tighten it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back