Archived How to report empty packages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, I work as TPS. In my store, we require that the TM fills out an Empty Package Slip and turn it into either us or guest services. It's usually guest services that deals with those after we are done trying to figure out what happened to it.

Might want to check with your AP/TPS/or LOD.

Uh, I work as TPS. In my store, we require that the TM fills out an Empty Package Slip and turn it into either us or guest services. It's usually guest services that deals with those after we are done trying to figure out what happened to it.

I am AP-TL and we just got the my devices. We don't have a "empty package slip" I require my team members to scan the item into the PDA and scan the location it was found. After that they turn it into the empty package bin.

I know how to scan empty packages in the PDA. But how do you scan empty packages in my device ?

As far as I know, it can only be done with a PDA. The MyDevices don't have the Sort Stuff app, which is what you use to report an empty package.

I am AP-TL and we just got the my devices. We don't have a "empty package slip" I require my team members to scan the item into the PDA and scan the location it was found. After that they turn it into the empty package bin.

My store's AP requires us to report the empty package via PDA and apply an empty package label. They even get mad if we use the guest service registers; everything must have an aisle location in the empty package report.

I know how to scan empty packages in the PDA. But how do you scan empty packages in my device ?

As far as I know, it can only be done with a PDA. The MyDevices don't have the Sort Stuff app, which is what you use to report an empty package.

My store's AP requires us to report the empty package via PDA and apply an empty package label. They even get mad if we use the guest service registers; everything must have an aisle location in the empty package report.
Is that something I can order in SAP? Or is the empty package label homemade ? I never heard of it before

Huh. Usually TMs just drop them off in a big bin and let guest services sort them out. We're lucky to get an empty package slip.

Or maybe someone else isn't doing something right. I swear people just dump things off here and when the bin fills up, they empty it.

@Amaazingdude I wish I could tell you! I know we have stacks of them because no one ever uses them.

Huh. Usually TMs just drop them off in a big bin and let guest services sort them out. We're lucky to get an empty package slip.

Or maybe someone else isn't doing something right. I swear people just dump things off here and when the bin fills up, they empty it.

@Amaazingdude I wish I could tell you! I know we have stacks of them because no one ever uses them.
When you scan the item as empty and you scan or enter where you found it the pda or register saids "put into AP bin" nothing is allowed in the bin not unless processed that's best practice. Your AP team is only making it harder on themselfs lol

Is that something I can order in SAP? Or is the empty package label homemade ? I never heard of it before

My AP-TL made his own.

I was told just to bring them up to guest service. Even the gsas have never asked me to fill out a slip. Most of the time I just wait til an AP memeber is strolling by to give them the empty packages so they know where it came from.

I'm curious what the best way it would be to report stuff found in Softlines where there aren't any aisles, like in Ready to Wear. If it's on a table I'll put the item location number the empty package is closest to as well as the table location. But if it's on the floor I'll put, for example, in Mossimo Black section near the racetrack.

Last edited:
My store also has empty package slips, I think the ETL-AP made them. We're supposed to fill them out and put them in AP bin, TPS or ETL-AP then processes everything when the bin looks full.

Every store's different, I'd ask your AP team.

We had homemade AP labels for the longest time... then one day they disappeared so I started getting some receipt paper and write down the information on it and tape it to the package. I was told not to do that by AP; just scan it in the register and put it in the bin.

???

I think my ETL-AP makes them on Microsoft Word lol. Just get a bunch of blank labels, find the correct Avery template, type your stuff, copy and paste a bunch of times, and print them.

The problem, though, is that our labels are rather large, which makes reporting cosmetic items a colossal pain in the ass.

I'm curious what the best way it would be to report stuff found in Softlines where there aren't any aisles, like in Ready to Wear. If it's on a table I'll put the item location number the empty package is closest to as well as the table location. But if it's on the floor I'll put, for example, in Mossimo Black section near the racetrack.

I always wondered how softlines items get reported too. All the fixtures are supposed to have "aisle" numbers, but it's highly unlikely that any of them have location barcodes besides the tables.

In my store flow tm's were told to put location on piece of paper. I have a dark corner in men's where I often find electronic items. The back wall has a location, so I put p19 on top of jeans. Usually don't find anything on the floor under 4 ways. I always put my name, that I am flow and what time I found it.

I find so much in my In-Stocks travels I just write on the item/tag where I find it with date and time. Cause I will never remember where each one is found. And if guest service it out of slips at least the info is there.

I take it straight to chargeback because aint nobody got time for that.

I'm sure ours is full of no locations, we have a log where we write down where things were found, but often that gets a ? put in it. Processing it on the register gets a "I don't know" as where the package was found. Our AP isn't too strict on this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back