How's the Xbox/PS5 thing looking for you guys?

I got to listen to all sorts of drama I won't have to suffer through because I have the weekend off. It's interesting, so long as you're not the one suffering it (and I hope you guys aren't).

40+ calls the poor electronics guy had to take today. Each call went the same. No, we can't sell you one until tomorrow (today was preorders only). No, we can't sell you one. Buy all the games you like, though.

See...we didn't get any more in today. What's left over after preorders is what we'll have to sell to anyone wanting one tomorrow. How many do we have left?

Two. One of each.

With one AP person in the entire store at 8 am

Somebody say a prayer for my store.

I got to listen to all sorts of drama I won't have to suffer through because I have the weekend off. It's interesting, so long as you're not the one suffering it (and I hope you guys aren't).

40+ calls the poor electronics guy had to take today. Each call went the same. No, we can't sell you one until tomorrow (today was preorders only). No, we can't sell you one. Buy all the games you like, though.

See...we didn't get any more in today. What's left over after preorders is what we'll have to sell to anyone wanting one tomorrow. How many do we have left?

Two. One of each.

With one AP person in the entire store at 8 am

Somebody say a prayer for my store.
Those weren't preorders

We have all these people going crazy for a PS5, yet someone actually returned one at 9pm last night lol. We kept it at guest service until the store closed because we were afraid of the frenzy that would ensue if it was brought back to Electronics while there were guests in the store lol.

Last edited:
Is it true the thing somehow runs without a hard drive and you lease online games because no hard drive means no installing??

A couple different places. Someone in the computer section of Best Buy said they don't have a hard drive. Someone in GameStop said no hard drive so nowhere to install game files, because it's meant to be streaming games.

I demand your manager. I know you guys are hiding them in the back. Brick seek says you have 50 of them. I won't leave until I get one

We had 40 people in line for the ps5 this AM. They were coming for me as I was walking in the building. Dude, I have no fucking idea how many we have. I am not IN the building yet. We had 3. We got the first 3 people in and sold them the $500 consoles. I was afraid all the other people would be an angry mob. I nearly got my head ripped off because we cancelled one woman's xbox the other day. "the website didn't say a limit of 1!"

A couple different places. Someone in the computer section of Best Buy said they don't have a hard drive. Someone in GameStop said no hard drive so nowhere to install game files, because it's meant to be streaming games.
Well that is technically true, it doesn't have a hard drive because instead it has a 825 GB solid state drive.

Well that is technically true, it doesn't have a hard drive because instead it has a 825 GB solid state drive.
Yeah, the cheapest one has no disc drive, because you're meant to buy them all online through the game's storefront.

Gamestop is f@@@ed, but we all knew that already

I checked sales performance yesterday and it said we only sold around like 40k PS5s. I forget the exact number but it was definitely below 100k. Sony royally screwed this up by getting so few of them made for launch day.

If it has no hard drive because it's an SSD, then the computer I'm typing on has no boot drive.

If it has no hard drive because it's an SSD, then the computer I'm typing on has no boot drive.
Yeah those people at Best Buy and GameStop should do more research lol. Most computers sold these days come with a SSD instead of hard drive. Hard drives are the past, SSDs are the future.

SSDs are hard drives though.
Hard drives are mechanical and have a hard magnetic disk the data is stored on. SSDs don't have any disks and all the data is stored in electronic chips. So while they're both storage devices, an SSD is by definition not a hard drive.

SSDs are magical btw. Several years ago, I replaced the hard drive in my old laptop with a SSD, and it made the computer feel new again. They can be pricy though, although they’ve come down in price in recent years.

Back