Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctors who are idiots and write "Take as directed" and don't explain to the patient what "as directed" means....

And, along the same lines.....nurses who get pissy when we call to clarify what "take as directed" means and say "the 'After visit summary' should explain", then say "FINE!" and hang up on you when you say you looked at it and all it said was "Take as directed". :D

Doctors who are idiots and write "Take as directed" and don't explain to the patient what "as directed" means....

And, along the same lines.....nurses who get pissy when we call to clarify what "take as directed" means and say "the 'After visit summary' should explain", then say "FINE!" and hang up on you when you say you looked at it and all it said was "Take as directed". :D

Do you think they know their Doctor is an idiot and are just tired of having to field calls like yours all day long?

I hate the women and moms that come in to the FR expecting to try on underwear ( panties) and get mad when we tell em they can't. ( eewwwwww) and then say... but its just like swimsuits... ( NO they aren't ! No liner,) and even if I try em on over my underwear? ( How do you know everyone does?) Check the label in your own to see what size!!!!!!!

I hate it when guests ignore the 9:30 and 9:45 announcements and take their sweet time and then they all come to check out at once right at 10:00 when there's only ever one cashier closing and they're supposed to be off at 10. And of course none of the TLs jump on at 10:00 to help, so I never get out until 15-20 minutes after. I wish they'd just schedule the closing cashier until 10:30 and have them zone or whatever afterwards, because it's super frustrating being scheduled until 10 but never getting out on time. And I despise all the inconsiderate people who think it's okay to come up to the front with their overflowing carts right at close.

I hate the women and moms that come in to the FR expecting to try on underwear ( panties) and get mad when we tell em they can't. ( eewwwwww) and then say... but its just like swimsuits... ( NO they aren't ! No liner,) and even if I try em on over my underwear? ( How do you know everyone does?) Check the label in your own to see what size!!!!!!!
Pretty sure if they keep their current underwear on, they can... They are 'supposed' to wear their panties while trying on swimwear anyways.

Workbench>Salesfloor>Fitting Room>Fitting Room Best Practice>Corporate Fitting Room Policy

Do you think they know their Doctor is an idiot and are just tired of having to field calls like yours all day long?
Probably~lol!

Wait.. The official policy is to allow them to try on underwear? How do you not know what size underwear you need? They have a chart on the back! Worst come to worst, hold it up to yourself if it isn't packaged. I did try on a swim bottom this year for the first time in life (I bought them blindly in the past and it worked out), but I had to convince myself it wasn't gross, wear the thickest pair of underwear, and I didn't try any that the hygienic sticker fell out of.

Some of our guests are icky. I've charged back things because of smells that wouldn't fade away.

Wait.. The official policy is to allow them to try on underwear?

Yes!!

The only reason I know is because the FRO refused when a lady asked... She filled out a survey and contacted Guest Relations and suddenly the "official policy" was being spoken about at huddles and posted at the service desk and fitting room...

Wait.. The official policy is to allow them to try on underwear?

Yes!!

The only reason I know is because the FRO refused when a lady asked... She filled out a survey and contacted Guest Relations and suddenly the "official policy" was being spoken about at huddles and posted at the service desk and fitting room...
That does it! I am never ever buying underwear from Target that is out of the package!

I hate it when guests have an expired receipt from 2010 or some s*** then come at me ask irritated like "I spend hundreds of dollars per week at this store! I've been shopping here since you opened!! This is unfair that I can't do this return yadda yadda."
And I'm over here like "your receipt is waaaay past the 90 days, it's no longer in or system so I can't even give you store credit. Even if I call the manager up, it's not like he can return this item from this echoed receipt.":mad:

Vendors demand that I drop everything I am doing for them.

Can't stand that. If you are a vendor, you are responsible for your crap, not me. Don't come up to me and ask me where your crap is because most of the time I don't know and it's not my job. If you need a pallet down and I'm not slammed with CAF pulls then yeah I will try to help you. In other situations, be gone, evil doer.

IHIW sales people call and ramble on and on when I really don't have the time. I'm not the pharmacist, there's really no need to go into your "remember that X is the only AB rated drug approved for the treatment of head stuck up your ass disease, blah, blah, blah"

Bullseye, here is an answer to when items are coming in. If you have PDA, go to item seach(color) screen. Scan the label or enter item number 49 in front of it. That brings floor & backroom locations. Hit the book picture in the upper right corner. Then hit the instocks screen, it will have the dc with inbound info to your store there. That will tell if dc has it or coming on next truck.
That screen gives you alot cool info too.
We use this a lot, but never tell the guest that it's on the next truck since it may be on the following truck depending upon when they closed the load or a truck may get canceled. I will tell them that it will be sometime within the next week and advise them to call to see if it arrived and have it held or to use flexible fulfillment.

Bullseye, here is an answer to when items are coming in. If you have PDA, go to item seach(color) screen. Scan the label or enter item number 49 in front of it. That brings floor & backroom locations. Hit the book picture in the upper right corner. Then hit the instocks screen, it will have the dc with inbound info to your store there. That will tell if dc has it or coming on next truck.
That screen gives you alot cool info too.
We use this a lot, but never tell the guest that it's on the next truck since it may be on the following truck depending upon when they closed the load or a truck may get canceled. I will tell them that it will be sometime within the next week and advise them to call to see if it arrived and have it held or to use flexible fulfillment.

Knowing Spot and the travesty that is the logistics process, I don't generally trust the Z-date and other instocks data, so I tell the guest that we have trucks come in every night with new merchandise based on sales and recommend that they check back (assuming the item is active), or I offer to check another store.

Red, you have more resources than having a PDA.
1. You have merchandise locate on register.
2. Target.com computers at gs, for dpci's & find stuff.
3. A telephone to call other stores.
4. A radio to call a tm or operator who has a PDA.

Being a cashier, I will never get my hands on a PDA. All I have is my register, my phone, and the GSTL. Every time (except one) I've ever used Merch Locate, it took forever to load, then wouldn't even connect. We just got new registers at my store, and the aforementioned exception was on a new register and caused it to crash. Half the lanes don't have a working phone, and the GSTLs have this really annoying tendency to disappear when they're actually needed. :eek:
You must work at my store. I usually have to wait at least five minutes for them to saunter over. Before then i usually have the guest good and pissed off.

Red, you have more resources than having a PDA.
1. You have merchandise locate on register.
2. Target.com computers at gs, for dpci's & find stuff.
3. A telephone to call other stores.
4. A radio to call a tm or operator who has a PDA.

Being a cashier, I will never get my hands on a PDA. All I have is my register, my phone, and the GSTL. Every time (except one) I've ever used Merch Locate, it took forever to load, then wouldn't even connect. We just got new registers at my store, and the aforementioned exception was on a new register and caused it to crash. Half the lanes don't have a working phone, and the GSTLs have this really annoying tendency to disappear when they're actually needed. :eek:
You must work at my store. I usually have to wait at least five minutes for them to saunter over. Before then i usually have the guest good and pissed off.

That was three years ago. :D Luckily, I'm on the sales floor now - it's probably even worse now!

I hate it when guests make you look like the evil worker just to try to get their kids to calm down.. "otherwise this worker here will take you away"

Or when a guest thinks they can use you as their personal price scanner. One time this lady shopping at toys had me follow her around with my PDA scanning clearance toys to make sure the marked price was right. then her daughter says "mom, let the guy go he has stuff to do" and she replies with " thats why he gets paid for, this is his job.. help people shop and find stuff" ugh she sounded so arrogant not to mention she reeked like cigar.
I would much rather have guest reek of cigars than pot. Pot is now a major problem in our parking lot

I hate it when guests make you look like the evil worker just to try to get their kids to calm down.. "otherwise this worker here will take you away"

Or when a guest thinks they can use you as their personal price scanner. One time this lady shopping at toys had me follow her around with my PDA scanning clearance toys to make sure the marked price was right. then her daughter says "mom, let the guy go he has stuff to do" and she replies with " thats why he gets paid for, this is his job.. help people shop and find stuff" ugh she sounded so arrogant not to mention she reeked like cigar.
I would much rather have guest reek of cigars than pot. Pot is now a major problem in our parking lot
The interesting thing is patchouli smells like pot. We have a number of guests that come in drowning in it and it makes me nauseous. And they never wear "just a little of it", I swear, they must bathe in it because it's THAT BAD!!! :confused:

I hate it when people listen in on a conversation on 3 or 4 that doesn't involve them at all
I admit I would do this all the time when I was offstage. It was the only way I ever actually found out what the hell was going on in the store. I usually ignored TM conversations, but any that involved a TL or ETL were usually the good ones.

I hate it when people listen in on a conversation on 3 or 4 that doesn't involve them at all
I admit I would do this all the time when I was offstage. It was the only way I ever actually found out what the hell was going on in the store. I usually ignored TM conversations, but any that involved a TL or ETL were usually the good ones.

The one I will always remember on 3: "Hey LOD the dumpster is on fire again."

AGAIN IS THE KEY WORD HERE

Another way to find info is, use the demo iPads & galaxy devices in electronics. That's a fast way to find stuff too in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back