Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when I say "Hello" and "How are you today?" to guests and they completely ignore me. I know they hear me, but they pretend that they don't. FUCK YOU TOO.

I hate it when people take massive dumps in the restrooms at the front of the store, don't even flush, and jam the toilet with toilet paper making it where you can't flush. I just want to ask the person "how old are you".

I hate it when back up cashiers leave the lanes a complete and utter mess. The bag holders are either have chains of bags hanging off them (you know what I mean), or the bag holders are empty and they've stuffed all those other bags any place they can reach. Respect our workplace!!!

I hate it when I go to backup cashier and find out the drawer is out of exactly the bills I need to give out change. Like, say when a guest pays for a $1.49 bag of chips with a $100 bill.

I also hate it when on instocks I see "As Advertised" signs up.

I hate it when ANY cashiers leave the register with basically no change. It takes 30 seconds to request change!! This happens so often that I've started checking my drawer for change before I ever even turn my light on. I forgot to check once and has to give two guests half their change in quarters, because I had no ones. Ridiculous.

To this I will also add my GSAs inability to keep an LPDA somewhere on their person, and keep it logged in. If I request change, I expect to have it within a few minutes. When I'm a GSA, I nearly ALWAYS get people their change within two minutes of them requesting it (ideally I respond the second I get the request). I don't see why the rest of them can't do the same. There've been times where I request change, don't say anything on the walkie, and go the entire rest of my shift without the change I asked for. It's absolutely ridiculous that some GSAs cannot keep on top of change requests.

Wish I had you as my GSA.
I'll request change before the rush hits & get nothing.
I'll finally run out of something & try to flag down the GSTL/GSA (standing down at the other end chatting).
I'll then take the printed request & go over to them to let them know I'm OUT OF CHANGE.
Their response: You know, you should've put this in BEFORE you got busy instead of waiting 'til you ran out.
Then I whip out the slip that printed out right after I ordered & point to the time stamp HOURS AGO.

*bangs head on counter*

I hate it when HQ decides to change , again , our unload schedule!
We are going back to 6 am! ( we just started at 8 am not long ago) , school just started , I made plans accordingly for 8 am, now I have to figure out something else !

Wish I had you as my GSA.

Thank you. :) Most of our GSAs rely on the cashiers walkieing them when they need change, which completely negates the entire idea of LPDAs. A GSA's primary job is to respond to those alerts, and nearly all of them rarely even have LPDAs on them to begin with, let alone actually staying logged in and checking the alerts. As a cashier, I always carry an LPDA and log in for alerts, and will walkie the GSA as soon as I get an alert (assuming the cashier sending the alert hasn't already walkied someone). It's very frustrating, but it's good to know that strangers on the internet think I do a good job. :)

I'm surprised to hear that there are stores that have enough walkies, let alone LPDAs, for cashiers to have one or both.
With the exception of our "golden boy" no cashiers would be allowed a walkie even if they were available. We never have enough for the salesfloor & back room.

I hate it when the GSTL calls for backup when there's only 1 guest beyond the 1+1 for the entire front lanes. If the "backup" is going to resolve itself in less time than is needed to cross the store, you weren't backed up and are just wasting the sales floor TMs time.

...when the operator justs immediately transfers every call to the salesfloor/guest service when they can usually answer the questions their self.

...when the operator justs immediately transfers every call to the salesfloor/guest service when they can usually answer the questions their self.
I hate it when the operator before me has done this and, after I get in, Guest Service and Salesfloor won't answer any calls.

I hate it when the guest feels the need to spell out their last name like I'm 3. (Picking up a Photo order)

<Guest> Hi, um, I uh, sent in, uhh, an order, through, what was it, Shutterfly?
<Me> Sure, what was the name on the order?
<Guest> Gee, You, Eee, Ess, Tee.
<Me> ...

I hate it when our receiver won't share the key. On flow we always have someone assigned. However if I am working later, it's easier to get the key from the receiver than hunt down my TL.

I hate it when it takes the GSA 2+ hours to get me my fucking change!!! I see that LPDA you're carrying, fucking use it!!! >: | I got the alert the second after I requested the change; why in the hell did you not get it?! ARGH. JUST ARGH. I actually only got my change when the GSA went on her lunch and the cashier that had taken over that lane walked the GSTM to get him change. Fucking ridiculous.

And I hate it when the damn system won't let me stay logged in to get alerts. Believe me, it ain't easy some days.

She doesn't even try, honestly. I'm almost always logged in to get alerts so I know how our LPDAs work. She could also check change requests on a register. She couldn't even LOOK in over two hours? And she spends most of her time chatting on Starbucks, so I know it's not because she's soooo busy doing other stuff. I don't remember her doing any actual work tonight, at least nothing in the front end. I think she cashed for like ten minutes but that was it. I barely saw her the entire rest of the night.

I hate it when we have average 35 autofills an hour, I'm the only one scheduled for push, and the TLs and up don't take people off the zone to help push the 15 carts on the line.

But when we have like 17 autofills for that hour on a different slower day, I'm zoning, and we have two people on push, the TLs and up suddenly decided NOW is the time to take people off the zone to push.

I hate that.

Red, you have more resources than having a PDA.
1. You have merchandise locate on register.
2. Target.com computers at gs, for dpci's & find stuff.
3. A telephone to call other stores.
4. A radio to call a tm or operator who has a PDA.

Being a cashier, I will never get my hands on a PDA. All I have is my register, my phone, and the GSTL. Every time (except one) I've ever used Merch Locate, it took forever to load, then wouldn't even connect. We just got new registers at my store, and the aforementioned exception was on a new register and caused it to crash. Half the lanes don't have a working phone, and the GSTLs have this really annoying tendency to disappear when they're actually needed. :eek:
I wonder if were at the same store this is the same for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back