Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pushing computer ink and there was this woman next to me who was trying to ditch something on an endcap. I just glanced her way and she got all nervous and picked it back up, and then put it down again on a different endcap.

The battery gondola things are the worst for that...especially the one that's by cosmetics.

Wish I had you as my GSA.
I'll request change before the rush hits & get nothing.
I'll finally run out of something & try to flag down the GSTL/GSA (standing down at the other end chatting).
I'll then take the printed request & go over to them to let them know I'm OUT OF CHANGE.
Their response: You know, you should've put this in BEFORE you got busy instead of waiting 'til you ran out.
Then I whip out the slip that printed out right after I ordered & point to the time stamp HOURS AGO.

*bangs head on counter*
sounds like you work at my store lol our one GSA is like that too

I hate it when the GSTL calls for backup when there's only 1 guest beyond the 1+1 for the entire front lanes. If the "backup" is going to resolve itself in less time than is needed to cross the store, you weren't backed up and are just wasting the sales floor TMs time.
well this is awkward cause you sound just like my STL. and im gonna go scrub my online fingerprints now just in case haha

I hate it when the GSTL calls for backup when there's only 1 guest beyond the 1+1 for the entire front lanes. If the "backup" is going to resolve itself in less time than is needed to cross the store, you weren't backed up and are just wasting the sales floor TMs time.
well this is awkward cause you sound just like my STL. and im gonna go scrub my online fingerprints now just in case haha
So how many guests beyond 1+1 is acceptable?

I suppose that's rather up for debate, but I'd definitely agree that you do not need to call for backup because a 7th guest walked up when you had 3 lanes open.

I'd also say it has less to do with how many guests, and more to do with the size of the purchases. Sometimes I can finish dealing with 5-6 guests in the time one really large order might take.

I hate it when people are helping me push the CAFs (this part I actually love!) and when they are finished they don't bring the vehicle back to the spot I had it in the BR so I can put the newest pulls on there.

Red, you have more resources than having a PDA.
1. You have merchandise locate on register.
2. Target.com computers at gs, for dpci's & find stuff.
3. A telephone to call other stores.
4. A radio to call a tm or operator who has a PDA.

Being a cashier, I will never get my hands on a PDA. All I have is my register, my phone, and the GSTL. Every time (except one) I've ever used Merch Locate, it took forever to load, then wouldn't even connect. We just got new registers at my store, and the aforementioned exception was on a new register and caused it to crash. Half the lanes don't have a working phone, and the GSTLs have this really annoying tendency to disappear when they're actually needed. :eek:
I wonder if were at the same store this is the same for me.

That was three years ago. :D Things have gotten much worse at the front end since I defected to the sales floor.

Lol don't worry, Backroom81 is a TM.

When I was a cashier, the GSTL/GSA would jump on for a few minutes to cash out one or two guests. This way they wouldn't have to call for an un-needed back-up. Nowadays, they wait until the back-up is way out of hand and start calling for several back-ups. Also, speedweaving is apparently a sin now.

Once upon a time, best practice was to request back-ups proactively to ensure fast checkout for guests. But that went to hell when HQ stopped giving stores enough hours to schedule a reasonable number of cashiers and an actual team on the sales floor.

I suppose that's rather up for debate, but I'd definitely agree that you do not need to call for backup because a 7th guest walked up when you had 3 lanes open.

I'd also say it has less to do with how many guests, and more to do with the size of the purchases. Sometimes I can finish dealing with 5-6 guests in the time one really large order might take.

Pretty much this. We have 2 GSTLs that are the type to call for backup when there's 3 lanes open and a 7th guest walks up. I cringe when I hear their voices because I know I'm going to be hearing it all night and am going to waste at least an hour of my time just walking back and forth to the lanes. Half of the time I go for backup on those nights, I check out 1 guest (often 0) and the backup is gone.

I can understand wanting to get our guests out in a timely manner. Waiting until we were backed up to the carpet before asking for help was excessive. 1+1 is equally excessive. As much time as my store's sales floor spends on the lanes, we may as well just be cashiers that occasionally knock out a cart of reshop. The past couple of months, we can't even start our zone until almost 10pm.

1+1 feels excessive to me, too. If they call someone up from the back of the store, by the time they get there, it's back at 1+1 most of the time. I can understand if the first two people have large carts full, maybe. Then, in my store, cashiers call out so often. I swear it's 2-5 a day. Realistically, how much of that are the 3-6 (total) people on the floor supposed to make up for? Then how much of the work from their primary workcenter is expected to be finished if they're up for backup constantly? I was on register for at least 2 hours the other day and my shift was 4.25 hours. And I covered fitting room's break and the gap between the two operators.

tl;dr I hate it when there are no cashiers.

What you don't see is the LOD/STL walking by the front lanes and seeing more than 1+1 and freaking out on the GSA for not calling for backup.

I hate it when Saturday's gm truck is over 2600 and market push is huge. Depending on who throws, who is leading the team, call outs or assorted whatever's shit is everywhere when store opens. Lots of people like to shop Saturday morning and it is like an ugly obstacle course. Not fun for us or the guests. If a guest complains (rarely) I ask them to fill out a store survey. We went from 4 to 6 am.

What you don't see is the LOD/STL walking by the front lanes and seeing more than 1+1 and freaking out on the GSA for not calling for backup.

None of my ETLs are crazy like that, but one gstl calls way quicker when the stl is around.. Or when the dtl visits. She tells me though because she loves me and she knows I hate cashiering haha. Leadership in my store will get on register if necessary, though.

I hate it when Target decides to end the team I'm on (instocks). I really hope I can find another team to take me on. :(

There's no more instocks team? What about that printing signs from POG.. that's no longer available, right? I asked about the POG because TLs and ETLs from my store depend heavily on printing signs through using the POG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back