Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's smart.

I hate seeing moms bring their babies in at 8 AM. I guess it's more important saving 25 cents on a toothbrush than letting your kid sleep.

I also hate that stupid walk the executives do. I feel like they do it to avoid doing any productive work whatsoever.

Yeah, that's smart.

I hate seeing moms bring their babies in at 8 AM. I guess it's more important saving 25 cents on a toothbrush than letting your kid sleep.

I also hate that stupid walk the executives do. I feel like they do it to avoid doing any productive work whatsoever.
In the surrounding area where i live the parents bring their sleeping babies and/or awake children to walmart anywhere up to 2am, i never saw that where i used to live before.

I hate it when guests call for an item, but don't know what it's called so they try to describe it in horrific detail with words you aren't even sure are in the English language and when they're done there's this awkward silence over the phone because what the hell just happened.

Omg... The first time I ever heard of that damn wubble bubble ball was over the phone lol and I don't think the person was too sure of the name. And I was like "ummmmmmm what does it... Do?" I googled it on my phone, though, because I'm a cheater.

Had a lady the other day say she saw it last week...haven't carried it in years. Years, plural. Googled another place to buy it. Rawr.
I'm not even kidding, but a couple weeks ago I had a guest ask me where the Target Home items were. I told them Threshold was the same thing but they were confused about it. They must've not come to Target in years.

Omg... The first time I ever heard of that damn wubble bubble ball was over the phone lol and I don't think the person was too sure of the name. And I was like "ummmmmmm what does it... Do?" I googled it on my phone, though, because I'm a cheater.
Lol, I had the same experience with the same product. I was like "what bubble?" I eventually found it though.

I only knew about the wubble because I live with a teenager who needs everything she sees on TV. No I get the weird ones like "It's kinda shaped like a square and it has wheels on it sometimes and you like can hang it in your bathroom or shed and you use it to move furniture. Sound familiar?"

I'm not even kidding, but a couple weeks ago I had a guest ask me where the Target Home items were. I told them Threshold was the same thing but they were confused about it. They must've not come to Target in years.
We still have some Target Home packaging on some sheets I came across when resetting a few months ago. I was like whoa, been a while since I've seen that.

I went through some stuff my mom has stored away recently and found some target home curtains still in packages and such lol. I was probably super young when that brand was a thing so I was all wtf is this??

I only knew about the wubble because I live with a teenager who needs everything she sees on TV. No I get the weird ones like "It's kinda shaped like a square and it has wheels on it sometimes and you like can hang it in your bathroom or shed and you use it to move furniture. Sound familiar?"

Haha.. For that stuff I just transfer and then I feel bad about it. I've had people look for things that I can't tell what department they'd be in and I have to ask where they think it'd be in the store lol. Most people are understanding but I've had people be like "well I'm asking you! You work at the store!"

Speaking of which, I hate it when the guests think I should know about all the things.

I kind of have a laundry list of things that annoy me so bear with me.

- I hate when I go up for backup just to take someone else off. It's one thing if I'm going up to add another cashier to speed up the lines, but replacing someone doesn't speed things up at all.

- I hate when I tell a guest we don't have something and I catch them asking another team member the same question. It's as if they didn't believe me or they need extra confirmation. The disappointment on their face when the get the same answer is priceless.

- I hate it when loud obnoxious groups of friends come in and basically destruct my zone. Don't you have anything better to do than hang out in Target?

- This one's my fault, but I hate when I mishear a guest and I bring them to an item that doesn't even resemble what they were asking for. I feel like a complete idiot.

Last edited:
- I hate when I tell a guest we don't have something and I catch them asking another team member the same question. It's as if they didn't believe me or they need extra confirmation. The disappointment on their face when the get the same answer is priceless.

- I hate it when loud obnoxious groups of friends come in and basically destruct my zone. Don't you have anything better to do than hang out in Target?
I live in a college town and I used to get a combination of both of these during Rush Week. The one question that seemed to pop up almost constantly throughout the school year was "do you have nude shoes?" I mean, we usually had tan or pinkish ones in stock but good luck matching your skin tone.

I hate it when the LOD says huddle will be quick. It isn't. Even without a huddle project, things go on ten minutes longer than it should.

I also hate it when there's no consistency to huddle times or locations.

I hate it when a single person comes up to order......and pulls out a LIST (coffee run).
By the time I'm halfway thru their order my line is to the door.
I really hate those people. Next thing you know, theere is a line of grumblers behind them. Do they forget there is only 1 (maybe 2, if we're lucky) of us at a time??? We don't have the same payroll as a company store-DUH!!!

I really hate those people. Next thing you know, theere is a line of grumblers behind them. Do they forget there is only 1 (maybe 2, if we're lucky) of us at a time??? We don't have the same payroll as a company store-DUH!!!
What's even more fun is, as they're reading off a drink order, you ask them specifics for that drink (whipped cream, sweetened, etc) & they look like a deer in the headlights.
THEN they say they'll text that person & I'll look at all the others waiting behind them, look back at them & ask "Do you really wanna do that?"
They turn, take a look & say "Ummmmm, just make it regular...."

I hate it when I have to spider wrap the vacuum cleaners. Honestly, I hate it when I have to spider wrap anything. Electronics is definitely not in my future!

I hate it when I have to spider wrap the vacuum cleaners. Honestly, I hate it when I have to spider wrap anything. Electronics is definitely not in my future!

We had the platinum Keurig display stolen even though the cord was cut off.
The AP TL freaked when he found out I was going to have to pull one out of the box and wanted to spider wrap it.
Have you ever tried to spider wrap a Keurig that wasn't in the box?

After much work we finally convinced him that only a special kind of idiot would have done that and he wasn't likely to do it again.

I'm in electronics, and I hate the damn things. That's why it's so satisfying when one goes off and I get to smash it with a hammer.

Smash with a hammer? My team lead had one go off while he was training my seasonal help in electronics, took the spiderwire in back and slammed it into the ground with the wires creating vehicle-impeding shrapnel, before open. It always seems to happen with the medium ones. The small and TV wraps never give me a problem. I think I am in double digits for breaking spider wrap.

Smash with a hammer? My team lead had one go off while he was training my seasonal help in electronics, took the spiderwire in back and slammed it into the ground with the wires creating vehicle-impeding shrapnel, before open. It always seems to happen with the medium ones. The small and TV wraps never give me a problem. I think I am in double digits for breaking spider wrap.
I had one completely fall apart in my hands one day while I was tightening it up. I was like wtf?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back