Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when you drop a PDA and have to reboot it. Multiple times in the same shift.
I hate it when you end up with the walkie with the exposed antenna and end up burning yourself on it.
I hate it when twenty minutes into a shift I decide I just don't care and want to go back to bed.

I hate it when Saturday's gm truck is over 2600 and market push is huge. Depending on who throws, who is leading the team, call outs or assorted whatever's shit is everywhere when store opens. Lots of people like to shop Saturday morning and it is like an ugly obstacle course. Not fun for us or the guests. If a guest complains (rarely) I ask them to fill out a store survey. We went from 4 to 6 am.
Are...are you me? Because this is pretty much my Target experience. Our cleanliness scores? Let me put it this way; if we try just a tiny bit harder we could be No #1 in worst store ever.

I hate it when Target decides to end the team I'm on (instocks). I really hope I can find another team to take me on. :(
I am going to hate it when this happens. My primary's flow but I get a lot of hours on instocks. And for all the moaning I do about the position, I do not want to deal with the transition to whatever VIPER or whatever will be at our store. Kind of hoping to be out of here by then but who knows?

I hate it when the GSTL calls for backup when there's only 1 guest beyond the 1+1 for the entire front lanes. If the "backup" is going to resolve itself in less time than is needed to cross the store, you weren't backed up and are just wasting the sales floor TMs time.
well this is awkward cause you sound just like my STL. and im gonna go scrub my online fingerprints now just in case haha
So how many guests beyond 1+1 is acceptable?
I work with a tech who will call for someone to come help at the register when there's 1+1. 99% of the time, it takes us so long to finish what we are doing, he's almost finished with his guest and there was really no need for us to have come in the first place. Of course, when we're helping OUR guest, another guest inevitably comes up so we end up staying over there 2-3x as long as we should have and end up doing HIS job :mad:

The coil can burn you?
I don't know if its an actual burn or what but if you've got your finger resting against that coil while you're talking, I'm feeling an uncomfortable amount of heat and an urge to swear over the radio. Then again I have that pretty much all the time.

I hate when guests think they are the only one in the store.
Today I was covering GSA break. It was very busy. A lady asked me for help in jewelry.. I said, oh what do you need, so I could either open the case or get someone from soft lines. She wanted her watch band repaired.. Told her we no longer did that.. Excused myself for a minute to help a cashier. Came back to her and she asked me the same thing.. I told her the same thing.. Then she asked where as seen on tv was.. I told her. Then she came back and started following me around..
Can I help you miss? She was no miss, she was about 75 years old, but I do not like calling people mam...anyway she said, I can't find it..
I walk over only to find out that it isn't there anymore. Found out where it was, told her and she wanted me to take her there..
Meanwhile I was answering cashier calls, working dreaded self checkout, and had my hands full with reshop. I pointed (which I hate doing) to where it was, gave her detailed directions how to walk down to stationary, and told her I would have a team member meet her there.
She started walking that way and a few minutes later she was following me around again.
Smiling, I said, what's up? She said we didn't have what she wanted. I said didn't someone help you? Yes but you don't have it. What did she want from me? Did she want me to make it magically appear? I called hard lines, and no we don't even carry the item.. Sigh.

Then she asked me AGAIN if I was sure we didn't fix watch bands. At this point I was thinking, this has to be a test.. Someone had to put her up to this.. I was kind, as hard as it was.. Then I thought she left.. But nooooo, she decided to use self checkout.. Of course she needed my help and she told me she never used one before (i did mention we were very busy and no tl's to be found) and she said - would you be a dear and show me how to do this... Yes, of course and I rang out her items for her at self check out...

Why, why, why... Maybe I need to not smile as much then people won't ask for my help...

I hate it when...

1) Guests call on the phone for help and don't have an item number.

2) When guests scan all their items at a price scanner and leave a dozen items on the endcap (I'm looking at you crazy clearance people).

3) When guests crowd around and block the aisles I need to zone. Not their fault, but it's frustrating when it happens.

4) When guests don't say "thank you" after I help them. I already get paid little enough as it is, you can at least pay me with some appreciation.

5) When an aisle I just zoned 30 seconds ago gets destroyed by a guest.

6) Everything about the bottle aisle.

Last edited:
I hate when the Latte moms block an aisle gossiping & talking about playdates; even when you say "Excuse me..." & try to go thru they're just oblivious to the outside world.
I may just start carrying an air horn.
It's especially annoying when you're zoning.

I hate it when guests call for an item, but don't know what it's called so they try to describe it in horrific detail with words you aren't even sure are in the English language and when they're done there's this awkward silence over the phone because what the hell just happened.

IHIW you're on channel 3 helping the guest service desk with an item for a guest only to be told by a guest in passing that they've waited for help too long and won't wait any longer so forget it. Srsly? Can't help it that I'm the only one on the salesfloor and someone else beat you to my assistance. I've come to believe in this tech crazy world that in general people are too accustomed to getting everything with the click of a button to the point that they no longer have even the smallest amount of patience to wait their turn. :p

IHIW you're on channel 3 helping the guest service desk with an item for a guest only to be told by a guest in passing that they've waited for help too long and won't wait any longer so forget it. Srsly? Can't help it that I'm the only one on the salesfloor and someone else beat you to my assistance. I've come to believe in this tech crazy world that in general people are too accustomed to getting everything with the click of a button to the point that they no longer have even the smallest amount of patience to wait their turn. :p

I'm sorry that was too long for me to read, can you make an app so I can just push a button and know what was said? Couldn't help it. :p But yes, instant gratification era.

IHIW guests pull a Kanye.

"I'ma let you help this next guest in line I just need you to pull all of the squishy toys from One Spot so you and I can sort through and find 87 yellow fish for my son's birthday party which is in an hour. You have some in the back, right? (to the guest they cut in front of) This'll just take a second!"

IHIW I'm using 3 with another TM and two new people barge in and start having a conversation despite us saying "can you guys go onto 4?" ESPECIALLY when it's the TPS and ETL-AP. Go to 5 or 6 dammit, NOBODY ELSE in the ENTIRE STORE on those channels, save for the other TPS.

I swear One Spot was the worst.
/me doing signing for a reset and half the bins are empty.
Guest, "Where are the dog toys that where here last week? Fluffy needs her toy."
"I'm sorry but we are resetting this section so I'm sure what items will be here."
"Can you go in the back and get the toy for Fluffy? She'll die without it."

/me looking around for anyone on plano to help because I have a flat with seven huge boxes of Softlines signs to do next.
"Could you make sure it's a purple one? Fluffy only likes the purple ones."
Of course they have all conveniently disappeared.
/me all the way to the back under my breath "*&^%$#*&^%$&^*@?>*<#%$()&%^>#$%&#E#"
Nine boxes of repacks later I find a purple chew toy.

Walk back up front.
Frelling guest is gone.

IHIW: 3/4s of the etls are on vacation and the STL has nothing better to do but go on a damn warpath and do a massive pull for my aisle that isnt even 1/5th set, then wheels it all into the runway right before my lunch -_- thanks...

IHIW a guest comes in looking for an item we don't sell in the store and then proceeds to say "Well I saw it in the store a year ago..."
tumblr_m15fwkWDgL1qlvwnco1_400.gif

IHIW a guest comes in looking for an item we don't sell in the store and then proceeds to say "Well I saw it in the store a year ago..."
tumblr_m15fwkWDgL1qlvwnco1_400.gif
Had a lady the other day say she saw it last week...haven't carried it in years. Years, plural. Googled another place to buy it. Rawr.

Had a lady the other day say she saw it last week...haven't carried it in years. Years, plural. Googled another place to buy it. Rawr.
I think people just like to make up ridiculous things just to test our patience to be honest.

I hate it when my store only has 2 cashiers at the check lanes at 5:00 pm and I need to go up for backup for an hour. I feel like I should get paid for 2 jobs.

I also hate it when I'm zoning an aisle on a quiet night and a flood of guests suddenly enter the aisle I'm zoning. It makes me very claustrophobic and uncomfortable.

That's when I just move to the next aisle if they don't need any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back