Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had the platinum Keurig display stolen even though the cord was cut off.
The AP TL freaked when he found out I was going to have to pull one out of the box and wanted to spider wrap it.
Have you ever tried to spider wrap a Keurig that wasn't in the box?

After much work we finally convinced him that only a special kind of idiot would have done that and he wasn't likely to do it again.
How the hell do you HIDE that?

I have often wondered that myself but then people have managed to get out of the store with Dysons so you never know.

we had a proper heist last week on dysons, our flow never spiderwraps annnnnything, and I guess they caught on. Fooker A was buying a bunch of small items, with coupons presumably to stall, while Fooker B, in khakis and a redshirt, got a flat from the backroom and put 3 of the $250 ones on it straight off the shelf. Something was said along the lines of "my online order will be here soon from the back", and out they went with them! I think they left the flat in the parking lot too lol

we had a proper heist last week on dysons, our flow never spiderwraps annnnnything, and I guess they caught on. Fooker A was buying a bunch of small items, with coupons presumably to stall, while Fooker B, in khakis and a redshirt, got a flat from the backroom and put 3 of the $250 ones on it straight off the shelf. Something was said along the lines of "my online order will be here soon from the back", and out they went with them! I think they left the flat in the parking lot too lol

Damn that sucks.
We spider wrapped all our Dysons so we never had that problem but that was on the floor.
There was a guy in our district who was pulling that same kind of stunt with the big flatscreens.
Hit three or four stores before they caught him.

Damn that sucks.
We spider wrapped all our Dysons so we never had that problem but that was on the floor.
There was a guy in our district who was pulling that same kind of stunt with the big flatscreens.
Hit three or four stores before they caught him.

damn I bet tvs have a better resell margin, but probably better watched than vacuums. Risk/Reward thievery, target teaches us all things :p

I hate when a guest gives me a one word demand of what they want.

I had a guest tonight who came up to me and was like "bread?" A "hello, how are you?" would be a good way to start.

I also got the dreaded "do you work here?" tonight.

No, I just have a red shirt, khaki's, a name tag that says "Target" on it, a walkie, and a mydevice because I feel like it.

One time I'm just going to tell them "no" and see how they react.

Last edited:
I hate preemptive recognition. Its always for something that I haven't done yet or only half-finished with and probably won't be able to complete.

I also hate when the same people are at every huddle yet the LOD still feels the need to explain, in detail, the lame contest that's been brought up every huddle for two weeks now.
Ha, I swear sometimes I think we work at the same store! My store does that as well. We call it "Pre Recognition"

I hate when a guest gives me a one word demand of what they want.

I had a guest tonight who came up to me and was like "bread?" A "hello, how are you?" would be a good way to start.
I like to play dumb in that situation until they are forced to actually form a sentence.

Guest: "Bread?"
Me: "Good morning, how are you?"
Guest: "Bread!"
Me: "I'm sorry?"
Guest: "Bread!!"
Me: "Oh! Yes we definitely sell bread here."

I could keep dragging it on, but at that point they will actually ask the question.

I have yet to have a guest who lets it go on longer than that.

When guests attempt to return items well beyond the the receipt expiration date.

EX: Walking past GS and see a Jewish women befuddled as to why we won't refund her money on a heavily used, damaged mountain bike she bought...

*drumroll*

A YEAR AGO....

I like to play dumb in that situation until they are forced to actually form a sentence.

Guest: "Bread?"
Me: "Good morning, how are you?"
Guest: "Bread!"
Me: "I'm sorry?"
Guest: "Bread!!"
Me: "Oh! Yes we definitely sell bread here."

I could keep dragging it on, but at that point they will actually ask the question.

I have yet to have a guest who lets it go on longer than that.
Haha, I also used the "I'm sorry?" line. I still had the same one word response though.

"Anything I can help you find?"

"Yes" and then they walk away...

100720-little-girl-dafuq-meme-Imgur-7ysM.jpeg

When guests attempt to return items well beyond the the receipt expiration date.

EX: Walking past GS and see a Jewish women befuddled as to why we won't refund her money on a heavily used, damaged mountain bike she bought...

*drumroll*

A YEAR AGO....

Just curious, what does her being jewish have to do with anything?

Just curious, what does her being jewish have to do with anything?

The Hasidics accountted for at least a third of the guest population at any given time at that store. I have no prejudice against them but seldomly did I have pleasurable interaction with one. Often rude, not destrupt - destroy countless zones, and an annoying sense of entitlement.

Most tms, tls, etls, and especially the stl had qualms. It was an inside thing in my store so out of old habits I said it here. My apologies.

I hate it when the routines I've figured out to try and balance the different responsibilities of instocks get disrupted and I'm left flailing around trying to recover. And then they start talking about taking some of them away. Its bad enough that the LOD has had to fill front endcaps every day for a few months. Now they want AP to go back to working our drastic counts report? Makes me feel ineffective.

damn I bet tvs have a better resell margin, but probably better watched than vacuums. Risk/Reward thievery, target teaches us all things :p
A few weeks ago while working on TCM, I got curious and looked at what the Investigations Center had going. I saw a case that they had just opened on a subject who's been walking out with one or two dysons at a time. Total amount proven as of then? $40,000.
And corporate wants to cut AP hours. o_O

I hate when they make make strange numbers for coming in. Ex- 6:15 PM-Close or 4:45 to close seriously make it 6:00! Seriously make it 4:30!! I hate when that do that...........

A few weeks ago while working on TCM, I got curious and looked at what the Investigations Center had going. I saw a case that they had just opened on a subject who's been walking out with one or two dysons at a time. Total amount proven as of then? $40,000.
And corporate wants to cut AP hours. o_O

Was this at your store? Seriously 40,000 in dysons? The dude must be like 24 and not have a job or something to have the time to take $40K in vacuums. Are they spiderwrapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back