Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they post it after the changes? If so, look in the lower r.h. corner. There should be a date & time stamp when it was printed out. You could point out that it was amended AFTER you copied your schedule as well as pointing out the discrepancies in print dates/times between that page & the others.
Thanks for the tip :good: I checked and all the pages have the same date, and it's the same day I wrote it down. AFA time, I believe it's after, but can't be sure...the time on it is 2:41 and I can't remember exactly when I wrote it down. I DID check the people before and after me and their schedules are nothing close to mine so there's no chance I "accidentally" wrote theirs down instead of mine, though.... I'm not "really" in trouble for showing up late because we had to "cut hours" this week anyway, but the ETL-Rx said she would probably have to write up the coaching letter anyway, but was going to talk to the STL about it.

Our schedules in pharmacy change like this so frequently, we used to get our own "special schedules" that had JUST the pharmacy hours on them. It was only posted in the pharmacy and we would each get a copy. We also got an extra week in advance (for example, we would already have the schedule that the rest of the store is getting today). Any changes would be posted on that schedule. Well, one person who decided to pick up extra hours outside the pharmacy forgot to check the master schedule and missed the "regular" shift so HR decided that we are no longer allowed to get these schedules and can't even have one posted in the pharmacy! So, any changes to the schedule have to be relayed verbally and lately, there has been a MAJOR "communication breakdown" and a number of changes (not only with scheduling, but also with policy and procedure) are not being relayed to all the team members. I'm not the only victim of the scheduling changes, another tech also showed up late because her schedule was changed and she wasn't made aware. Needless to say, the ETL-Rx is now fighting to get "our" schedules back (and in the meantime, she printed off a copy of what was submitted to HR for the next 3 weeks the other day and used it as an example to show each of us how to make copies with the new fax machine :whistle3:)

Last edited:
I'm sure this has probably been discussed many times, but I hate it when guests don't pay any mind to whether or not your light is turned off and then when you try to politely tell them you're closed, some of them seem offended. On my first day, I tried to go to the restroom and had my light off for 25 minutes before I was able to go. I was very timid at the time and didn't want to make people go to other lines. That soon ended haha. One time I told the guest after the guest I was helping that I was closed and I thought she heard me, but after I was finished with the other guest, she was still there so I told her again and she got really huffy at me and threw her things in her cart.

I've probably already mentioned it at some point in this thread, but that does annoy the hell out of me. I hear you on the timid part - when I was relatively new, I had my light off and a lady on her cell phone got in line, and I didn't want to be "rude" and interrupt her conversation. :rolleyes: I also hate it when we have multiple express lanes open and guests get mad when we ask them to please get in line rather than cutting in at whichever register they feel like going to. They not only lack respect for us, but also for other guests. [expletive]s.

They not only lack respect for us, but also for other guests. [expletive]s.

The lack of respect is a big issue for me. Some of the guests act so above me and some have belittled me in various ways or seem proud of themselves when their bill comes to $300. Sometimes I just want to tell them that I have a bachelor of science degree and could possibly make just as much money as they (or their husbands for those who don't work themselves) do if I wanted to. And it doesn't even matter what education level a team member has, we all deserve to be treated with respect from our guests just as we treat them with respect.

It's the anonymous factor - you're wearing a name badge whereas they don't have to give up any info so they feel that they can abuse people without consequence. Kinda like being on the internet.

It's the anonymous factor - you're wearing a name badge whereas they don't have to give up any info so they feel that they can abuse people without consequence. Kinda like being on the internet.

That's true. It's funny, one of the biggest b*tchy customers I had was a lady who tried to buy $1,200 in gift cards on her corporate account for her boss to give to his employees and the card was declined three times. She told me that was impossible and made me call over my supervisor who just told her the same thing. A $75 gift card is not even a good Christmas bonus.

The lack of respect is a big issue for me. Some of the guests act so above me and some have belittled me in various ways or seem proud of themselves when their bill comes to $300. Sometimes I just want to tell them that I have a bachelor of science degree and could possibly make just as much money as they (or their husbands for those who don't work themselves) do if I wanted to. And it doesn't even matter what education level a team member has, we all deserve to be treated with respect from our guests just as we treat them with respect.

I was just talking about this with a new cashier yesterday. So many guests have that superiority complex, it's awful. They think they're better than us because we work in retail and aren't the CEO.

I was just talking about this with a new cashier yesterday. So many guests have that superiority complex, it's awful. They think they're better than us because we work in retail and aren't the CEO.
I love the ones that come to the pharmacy and act like they're better than us, we go to process their Rx and they have Medicaid (and obviously AREN'T disabled) :mda:

There's also one tech who thinks she's "smarter" than me because she's been there forever. Whenever I "know" something about a medical condition or drug that she doesn't, she has a sarcastic answer, like she can't believe that I would know that because I haven't been there as long as she has. I finally kind of snapped back at her one day, referring to the fact that the blonde in MY hair isn't natural, when she didn't believe me about a certain medical condition and had the pharmacist look it up (because the pharmacist didn't know what it was either).

I love the ones that come to the pharmacy and act like they're better than us, we go to process their Rx and they have Medicaid (and obviously AREN'T disabled) :mda:QUOTE]

Not all disabilities are visible and Medicaid can also be used by people that are poor. Just because you are disabled or poor does not necessarily mean that you are stupid. I agree with the respect thing, but it goes both ways and the fact that they are picking up meds might just mean that they aren't having a particularly great day. A little compassion, kindness, tolerance and respect for the guest goes a long way.

I love the ones that come to the pharmacy and act like they're better than us, we go to process their Rx and they have Medicaid (and obviously AREN'T disabled) :mda:

I agree with what RareJem said about medicaid. It's not just for people who are disabled, it's health insurance for people on welfare.

There are folks like mine, who have trouble understanding medicare. They take any help from pharmacy folks too.

I hate it when people come to the pharmacy who have Medicaid and they are too busy to hang up their iPhone and act annoyed when I try to talk to them.

I hate it when people come to the pharmacy who have Medicaid and they are too busy to hang up their iPhone and act annoyed when I try to talk to them.

And they're probably late for a nail appointment, and they parked their Escalade over the line so they take up two parking spots...

I love the ones that come to the pharmacy and act like they're better than us, we go to process their Rx and they have Medicaid (and obviously AREN'T disabled) :mda:QUOTE]

Not all disabilities are visible and Medicaid can also be used by people that are poor. Just because you are disabled or poor does not necessarily mean that you are stupid. I agree with the respect thing, but it goes both ways and the fact that they are picking up meds might just mean that they aren't having a particularly great day. A little compassion, kindness, tolerance and respect for the guest goes a long way.

I agree with what RareJem said about medicaid. It's not just for people who are disabled, it's health insurance for people on welfare.
Trust me, I KNOW what Medicaid is and nobody has to remind me to have "compassion, kindness, tolerance, and respect for the guests". In the pharmacy, we probably know more about that than anyone else in the store since we deal with people at their worst on a daily basis. We also probably get more "abuse" from the guests on a daily basis because WE are the "scapegoats" that they take their anger out on if their insurance doesn't cover a particular medication, their doctor makes an error on their prescription, or anything simply goes "wrong". If a guest treats ME with respect, I have and will go out of my way to help them, but if they cop an attitude with me, don't expect me to bend over backwards....
And I'm not talking about the elderly guests....even the crotchety ones, I will do whatever I can to help because I've dealt with Medicare and my parents/grandparents medications in the past and KNOW how difficult it can be for them to understand the ins and outs of insurance. I also know how difficult it is for them to afford the necessary meds on a fixed income so I will help them in any way possible (including searching for discount programs off the clock).

Had to deal with a lady at pharmacy last week trying to buy anti-depressants with a cashiers check.... sorry lady, no can do.... Oh man she REALLY needed those anti-depressants the way she blew up.

Props to you guys for having to deal with all the bat************ insane guests over in pharm...

it irks me to no end when im trying to clean restrooms and guests dont read the freakin sign for gods sake thats what its there for people i have seen people even get to the door look down see the sign pick it up and set it off to the side and keep on truckin seriously :hunter:
my opinions are my own and do not represent target corp its vendors team members or any of its affiliates

Last edited:
it irks me to no end when im trying to clean restrooms and guests dont read the freakin sign for gods sake thats what its there for people i have seen people even get to the door look down see the sign pick it up and set it off to the side and keep on truckin seriously :hunter:

Reasons that I have developed a deep understanding and love for the American people!

/sarcasm

One of our CAs pulls the cart across the door while he's cleaning yet some lady will stick her head in & say "how bad she has to go", how much longer, bla bla bla....
He actually told one lady that she could use the restroom if she didn't mind exposure to a biohazard. She declined.

I hate it when guests put items they don't want on top of the freezer/at the end of the check out lane, knowing that I'm watching them. I had one lady proudly point out her discard and tell me she left it there because she didn't want it. I wanted to tell her that she shouldn't have done that, and instead have given it to me, but I kept my mouth shut. I was afraid of how it would sound coming out.

i hate it when guest buy a bunch of stuff with coupons and return it 5 minutes later... serious people find a really job. usually when that happens i call my gstl, but if the gsa's are there i don't even bother calling them cause they hate confronting guest and let them get away with anything, so i have to call LOD.

i hate it when guest buy a bunch of stuff with coupons and return it 5 minutes later... serious people find a really job. usually when that happens i call my gstl, but if the gsa's are there i don't even bother calling them cause they hate confronting guest and let them get away with anything, so i have to call LOD.

This! Always look for fine print limiting the use of the coupon, and call GSTL/LOD over if they have a problem with it. After all, you're following the rules on the coupon, and they're not.

We go over to the checklane, retrieve the coupons & void out the transaction. That way they get back only what they paid. The smart ones eventually learn to wait a day or go to another store.
It also keeps you from having to defect out items that never even left the store (unless it's perishables, which I'd qmos out 'cause you don't know how long they toted it around the store before buying it).

I hate it when...
-customers put a thousand items on the belt and its all mixed items. The ice cream will be right next to clothing, etc. It makes it so much harder to bag!
-they decide to hit the grocery section first then do their other shopping so when they check out, their ice cream is no longer frozen and their bag of frozen peas is soaking wet!
-they ask me to triple bag! TRIPLE!! three cans

today a guest told me that I was deceiving and manipulative because a shirt was in a clearance rack and it came up regular price. seriously lady? who offends a person in such a manner because another guest misplaced/through the shirt back because they were to lazy to put it back where it belongs

not too long ago I had a customer who had so a cart full of groceries, toys, clothing in her cart and requested red bags AFTER I had bagged the clothing/groceries in our regular bags as she watched me do it. She forced me to take everything out and re-bag everything because she was going home walking.
And yet she had her Porsche car keys in her hands, a baby and a toddler with her and no strollers for either of her kids.
-_________-

today a guest told me that I was deceiving and manipulative because a shirt was in a clearance rack and it came up regular price. seriously lady? who offends a person in such a manner because another guest misplaced/through the shirt back because they were to lazy to put it back where it belongs

I get this all the time! In fact, I once had a guy from my church (!) start swearing at me because some of his items from One Spot were $2.50. I wanted to comment on "how very Christian" his behavior was, but I restrained myself and sure enough, the next guest was very nice to me.

not too long ago I had a customer who had so a cart full of groceries, toys, clothing in her cart and requested red bags AFTER I had bagged the clothing/groceries in our regular bags as she watched me do it. She forced me to take everything out and re-bag everything because she was going home walking.
And yet she had her Porsche car keys in her hands, a baby and a toddler with her and no strollers for either of her kids.
-_________-

What a b***h!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back