Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when guests put items they don't want on top of the freezer/at the end of the check out lane, knowing that I'm watching them. I had one lady proudly point out her discard and tell me she left it there because she didn't want it. I wanted to tell her that she shouldn't have done that, and instead have given it to me, but I kept my mouth shut. I was afraid of how it would sound coming out.

Sooo many people put stuff on top of the fridges as if that is the designated spot to return unwanted merchandise, it's so annoying. I had one guest put a pair of slippers on top of the candy, right in front of my lane. I said "Can you hand me those slippers because that's not where they go." She was the same guest who only had charity gift cards to shop with and when she was $108 short because she didn't count anything ahead of time, she said "well now I'm going to put some stuff back." Oh thanks, now I get to void the eight gift cards I just scanned.

IHIW guests come to the pharmacy to check out and ask for bags for stupid things: a guest today asked me to bag her items, put them in the laundry basket she purchased, THEN bag the basket???

I hate the ones who demand that you bow down to them and serve them. Or ones who make snide comments. Like we have some punk kids come in around 1:30 the other morning saying how "it must suck to work at walmart over nights" and that "everything looks like **** because of the boxes and end caps all ****ed up"

Wish I would have thought of a come back ad ten minutes later those kids were kicked out of the store so it wouldnt have matted

I hate the ones who demand that you bow down to them and serve them. Or ones who make snide comments. Like we have some punk kids come in around 1:30 the other morning saying how "it must suck to work at walmart over nights" and that "everything looks like **** because of the boxes and end caps all ****ed up"

Wish I would have thought of a come back ad ten minutes later those kids were kicked out of the store so it wouldnt have matted

So, GA, what retailer is better to work for ?

So, GA, what retailer is better to work for ?

Well despite what some 15 year old kids say out of the 120 or so days I've been at Walmart I have yet to come across a single thing at Walmart that the media "claims" to be true. An old friend I grew up with works at another walmart and SHE just got promoted to Department manager after one year and three months. Media says woman can't be promoted. Well she just did and she is a hard worker unlike those disgrunted woman in the media. ItTook her a four years to become manager at subway. My pay is not $7.25 like the media also says. Its $9.90. Yes, they don't do over time but over time costs the company money.

Don't get me wrong, there are some things I wish I could change but thats the case with any employer and Target is just as bad. This site proves it all.

Everyone in the store has their "run in's" with guests. Yes, you might be right about taking care of the guest at the worst time but you are not the first ones they see when they enter the store. We are. The TM's/TL's. You would be surprised at how many times I have gotten complaints about Pharmacy TM's acting up towards guests. I see both sides of what you all are saying but I believe no one should talk about having it harder then any another department until they walk in those TM's shoes. And one they do, that still doesn't mean that you have it harder then anyone else. I have had guests throw things at me because we couldn't return them. I have had guests who use racial slurs towards my cashier's, guests who have physically harm my TM's...But not once have I ever said our department has had it harder because I am sure there is always something worse. I don't mean to be rude but I think had you explained yourself a little better about what you meant as far as the Medicaid/Medicare thing, you wouldn't have gotten the reaction you received by Rarejem. Now I am not siding with anyone. I believe ignorance plays a part in this whole conversation. Although there are ppl who abuse Medicare/Medicaid,etc. Not all do. I know this because I have Medicare. I also understand that the guests on the phone are the most ANNOYINGGGG human beings ever, this doesn't mean that they drive BMW's and are stereotypical "stuck up" people. Again this is being prejudice.

Trust me, I KNOW what Medicaid is and nobody has to remind me to have "compassion, kindness, tolerance, and respect for the guests". In the pharmacy, we probably know more about that than anyone else in the store since we deal with people at their worst on a daily basis. We also probably get more "abuse" from the guests on a daily basis because WE are the "scapegoats" that they take their anger out on if their insurance doesn't cover a particular medication, their doctor makes an error on their prescription, or anything simply goes "wrong". If a guest treats ME with respect, I have and will go out of my way to help them, but if they cop an attitude with me, don't expect me to bend over backwards....
And I'm not talking about the elderly guests....even the crotchety ones, I will do whatever I can to help because I've dealt with Medicare and my parents/grandparents medications in the past and KNOW how difficult it can be for them to understand the ins and outs of insurance. I also know how difficult it is for them to afford the necessary meds on a fixed income so I will help them in any way possible (including searching for discount programs off the clock).

yeap...physically harmed. There was a time where I had a guest call me over to the register and complain that the cashier was bagging her bowls the wrong way. She was yelling at my TM and saying how stupid she was, that when she went to sit the item down for the guest to get, the TM tossed it. (this was not true, I reviewed the video). The guest also said she told the TM to only bag 3 at a time, and my TM did. She did exactly what the guest asked. I told told the guest that I am sorry if she felt my TM did not listen to her but that prior to getting called over, I was watching the whole thing as she was yelling at the TM. I also told her that even though I apologized, this does not mean that she can talk to or about my TM this way. Once the guest left, the guest behind her pulled me to the side and said that my TM didn't tell me everything that happen. That when she PLACED, not tossed, but placed the bag down...the guest smacked her hand a few times and started yelling. At that point I was even more heated then when I was dealing with the guest. I told my TM, she needs to tell me these things and not another guest because now that she physically touched you, I can now have her bared from our store. The situation went under investigation and thats exactly what happen.

There was another time where a guest was looking for an item on the floor and it was early in the morning so not many TM's were there and some of our flow team doesn't speak much english, only spanish. So I am walking by the checklanes and see a guest kinda getting angry at one of my TM's. I walk up and ask the guest and my TM if everything is okay and this is what the guest decided to say:

GUEST-- "No, I am looking for an item and this mexican girl wont help me."

ME-- "she wont help you?....what is the item?"

GUEST-- "no its not that she wont help me its that she cant....she doesnt even speak english. This is america and if you decide to live here you need to speak our language. this is why nobody has jobs, because little people like her who think they can just come in and take everything. stupid spics...anyways I am looking for a space bag..can YOUUU help me or do you not speak english either"

ME-- "ma'am, with all due respect. I am also spanish, puerto rican to be exact and I have no problem helping you but i DO NOT allow anyone to speak to a TM of mine the way you are so until you apologize to her for what you just said, I refuse to do anything for you. And you are very much correct, this is america and it is a free country, this being said, everyone has the right to a job. If this means she wants to speak her own language, who are you to question that and assume any different. I do not allow racism in this store and neither does our store manager. Whom you can speak to once we are done. *she tries to cut me off and I continue on* "although my TM doesnt speak much english, i see that ignorance is something you are fluent in...just because someone speaks spanish, doesnt mean that they are mexican. So moving foward, (my fav. words), I want you to apologize to my TM for this whole thing and I will try and help you find what you are looking for"

GUEST-- "I am sorry, I don't know what came over me. I just believe that if you come to america, you should learn our language."

ME-- ''thats fine, but there is a fine line between your beliefs and whats morally right. You calling her a spic, is not right what so ever"

GUEST-- "anyways...thank you for helping me and I would like to speak to your manager."

needless to say, I got pulled into the office but not for a coaching. Just to see what happen and why I said what I said.

haha I had a few guests like this before. I just tell them, "please dont put those there, I can take them and actually put them away"... I love how as they are trying to set an item they dont want down, they are looking around as if to see a TM to take it... this happening right in front of me at the register. I give props to the cashiers, although I get the raw end of a sticky guest situation, they take care of some evil ppl loll

Sooo many people put stuff on top of the fridges as if that is the designated spot to return unwanted merchandise, it's so annoying. I had one guest put a pair of slippers on top of the candy, right in front of my lane. I said "Can you hand me those slippers because that's not where they go." She was the same guest who only had charity gift cards to shop with and when she was $108 short because she didn't count anything ahead of time, she said "well now I'm going to put some stuff back." Oh thanks, now I get to void the eight gift cards I just scanned.

yeap...physically harmed. There was a time where I had a guest call me over to the register and complain that the cashier was bagging her bowls the wrong way. She was yelling at my TM and saying how stupid she was, that when she went to sit the item down for the guest to get, the TM tossed it. (this was not true, I reviewed the video). The guest also said she told the TM to only bag 3 at a time, and my TM did. She did exactly what the guest asked. I told told the guest that I am sorry if she felt my TM did not listen to her but that prior to getting called over, I was watching the whole thing as she was yelling at the TM. I also told her that even though I apologized, this does not mean that she can talk to or about my TM this way. Once the guest left, the guest behind her pulled me to the side and said that my TM didn't tell me everything that happen. That when she PLACED, not tossed, but placed the bag down...the guest smacked her hand a few times and started yelling. At that point I was even more heated then when I was dealing with the guest. I told my TM, she needs to tell me these things and not another guest because now that she physically touched you, I can now have her bared from our store. The situation went under investigation and thats exactly what happen.

There was another time where a guest was looking for an item on the floor and it was early in the morning so not many TM's were there and some of our flow team doesn't speak much english, only spanish. So I am walking by the checklanes and see a guest kinda getting angry at one of my TM's. I walk up and ask the guest and my TM if everything is okay and this is what the guest decided to say:

GUEST-- "No, I am looking for an item and this mexican girl wont help me."

ME-- "she wont help you?....what is the item?"

GUEST-- "no its not that she wont help me its that she cant....she doesnt even speak english. This is america and if you decide to live here you need to speak our language. this is why nobody has jobs, because little people like her who think they can just come in and take everything. stupid spics...anyways I am looking for a space bag..can YOUUU help me or do you not speak english either"

ME-- "ma'am, with all due respect. I am also spanish, puerto rican to be exact and I have no problem helping you but i DO NOT allow anyone to speak to a TM of mine the way you are so until you apologize to her for what you just said, I refuse to do anything for you. And you are very much correct, this is america and it is a free country, this being said, everyone has the right to a job. If this means she wants to speak her own language, who are you to question that and assume any different. I do not allow racism in this store and neither does our store manager. Whom you can speak to once we are done. *she tries to cut me off and I continue on* "although my TM doesnt speak much english, i see that ignorance is something you are fluent in...just because someone speaks spanish, doesnt mean that they are mexican. So moving foward, (my fav. words), I want you to apologize to my TM for this whole thing and I will try and help you find what you are looking for"

GUEST-- "I am sorry, I don't know what came over me. I just believe that if you come to america, you should learn our language."

ME-- ''thats fine, but there is a fine line between your beliefs and whats morally right. You calling her a spic, is not right what so ever"

GUEST-- "anyways...thank you for helping me and I would like to speak to your manager."

needless to say, I got pulled into the office but not for a coaching. Just to see what happen and why I said what I said.

Bravo.

I absolutely hate it when a guest talks down to us. I also remember when I was working at Sams Club, there was a member (customer) who I was helping look for a item and he told me a "joke".

The "JOKE":

why can't a puerto rican get a credit card?

why?

because when they have to sign for the transaction, it is not in the form of spray paint

--I was not impressed and it upset me because I took that as a racist remark. I then informed him that although he may find this funny, he should check first if the person he is telling the joke to is pr. Hispanic at that.

I honestly don't get people sometimes. How can someone be so rude.

I hate it when guests call the store to ask me to shop for them,they are at home on their computer and look up dcpi and want me to get the items for them ,and put them on hold at the guest service! I even had one who wanted me to chose which color shoes would go with a certain dress she had bought at target ...i kept telling her the hours we were opened and that she was welcomed to come to the store ! But no ,she wanted her husband to come by after work ,and since he didnt like shopping,he wanted to just get it at customer service ...she would call every other day or so,and we would avoid her like the plague ...one lod instructed the phone operator not to send the call to the floor but to her instead,and she magically took care of it !!!

I absolutely hate it when a guest talks down to us. I also remember when I was working at Sams Club, there was a member (customer) who I was helping look for a item and he told me a "joke".

The "JOKE":

why can't a puerto rican get a credit card?

why?

because when they have to sign for the transaction, it is not in the form of spray paint

--I was not impressed and it upset me because I took that as a racist remark. I then informed him that although he may find this funny, he should check first if the person he is telling the joke to is pr. Hispanic at that.

I honestly don't get people sometimes. How can someone be so rude.

At what point do people think that it is appropriate to tell a joke like that to a total stranger?
If you're a comedian in a comedy club doing a riff on stupid, racist jokes maybe but really ...
For anybody who wants to throw out the "Oh stop being so politically correct and sensitive, it's just a joke."
No, it's exactly what wifey said; rude nastiness that drives people apart (sometimes I think on purpose so they can't fight the real enemy but that's an entirely different rant)
And before anybody wants to say I have no ethnic or religious sense of humor, I make Irish and Jewish jokes with my friends and family but that's because I'm both.
If a Black or Hispanic person wants to tell me that kind of joke, cool, for the very same reason but usually not in a public place.

Last edited:
AGREED! tHANKS :) yea I am pr and german and I mean I don't make jokes like that. I will joke around with mi bf or something and say "yea thats a puerto rican/ true dominican for yuh" but thats cuz I can without it seeming rude. Thats like with the N word, it should never be used or said especially in a negative way but if an african american was to say it' it seems okay to me? does that make sense? I dont know how to say it loll I just think that ppl need to think before they talk. but thanks sign monster for agreeing with me :) none of this is politically correct loll

At what point do people think that it is appropriate to tell a joke like that to a total stranger?
If you're a comedian in a comedy club doing a riff on stupid, racist jokes maybe but really ...
For anybody who wants to throw out the "Oh stop being so politically correct and sensitive, it's just a joke."
No, it's exactly what wifey said rude nastiness drives people apart (sometimes I think on purpose so they can't fight the real enemy but that's an entirely different rant)
And before anybody wants to say I have no ethnic or religious sense of humor I make Irish and Jewish jokes with my friends and family but that's because I'm both.
If a Black or Hispanic person wants to tell me that kind of joke cool, for the very same reason but usually not in a public place.

Last edited:
I hate it when I'm really nice to a guest and they act really snotty and stuck up. Another thing I can't stand is when the guests don't put money in your hand...they throw it on the counter and expect you to put their change right in their hand. I can agree with those who hate being called by name. The thing that makes me even more irritated is the fact that most of the people who say my name can't even pronounce it. Don't attempt to say it if you're not even sure.

Re: guests leaving money on the counter - it's a mild irritant when you place stuff in their hand only to see them put it away then nearly empty your sanitizer bottle before walking away. If they only knew how much I use when THEY walk away...

I hate when customers ask me for directions to places in Daytona Beach or Downtown Orlando.

I hate when customers ask me for directions to places in Daytona Beach or Downtown Orlando.

Or when they ask you what the hours are for those other places. I have no idea what their hours are, I don't work there! I get that a lot since my store is in the middle of a big shopping plaza.

Or when they ask you what the hours are for those other places. I have no idea what their hours are, I don't work there! I get that a lot since my store is in the middle of a big shopping plaza.

I tell them to look in a phone book and place a call. Some places I know the hours of, but, **** you. I'm not 411.

Our store is the same situation. And then they kinda look at you like you're supposed to know. Nope, sorry, I can tell you our hrs ( well, most of the time:err:).

If only because the roads around Orlando are so convoluted and circuitous and instead of actual names, the road signs all have numbers like 408, 417, 436, 522, 551, 434, etc, etc.

That's why I tell them to look at the maps we sell. Or to invest in a GPS. Or to... you know, use mapquest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back