Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to a spill station before you start. There is directions on how use your phone as a radio. The options differ from each store. Find the one for one way communication & which buttons to use for it. Try it & see what happens.
It is suggested to say, "gstl to register 7 for guest assistance"

I don't believe that you can get through to the walkies any more with that extension, at least at my store all you get is that obnoxious warbling tone... Worked about a year ago though.

I don't believe that you can get through to the walkies any more with that extension, at least at my store all you get is that obnoxious warbling tone... Worked about a year ago though.

Yeah, that one seems to have been dropped at my store, too....:(

I hate it when guests go through the entrances (you no when the doors automatically open for you), they walk in too fast so the door doesnt open fast enough and they slam their dam carts on the doors and its stuck, and no1's seems to beother to fix it so when i se it, im not "are you kidding me". It happened to me like 3 times in 1 day b4, gosh they are in a hurry.

I hate the rain people.
-The people who walk into the store and demand a completely dry cart. Until Target actually spent the money for dryer for the cart entrance, no carts are going to be dry. Hand drying isn't worth the extra time. Besides we don't have anything to clean and dry all the req'd dirty used towels which end up mildewing and stinking up the store.
-The people that collect inside the breezeway waiting for the rain to lighten up until other guests can't get through or block the automatic doors from opening.
-The people that hop the curb to pick someone at the doors completely ignoring that you almost hit a TM or another guest coming out.

Can-Do
I hate everything about the Can Do machines.
-Always breaking down.
-Never scans right.
-SD people who can not troubleshoot the machine and expect the CAs to do everything.
-The mounds of mess people leave behind.

Last edited:
Can-Do
-Always breaking down.
-Never scans right.
-SD people who can not troubleshoot the machine and expect the CAs to do everything.

Can Do machine? enlighten me please.:)

Can-Do
-Always breaking down.
-Never scans right.

Sounds more like "Can't-Do".
If I remember correctly, it's a machine that you dump aluminum cans into that crushes & weighs them then spits out change for them.

CAN-DO hell

Can Do are the can/bottle recycling machines in recycling deposit states.

California
Connecticut
Guam
Hawai'i
Iowa
Maine
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
Oregon
Vermont

In those states, you pay an extra deposit amount on each bottle/can at purchase. Guests bring back in their bottles and cans into the store. The machine scans them, seperate and the crush cans/plastics, and prints out a receipt where guest service refunds the deposit.

The Cart Attendants are supposed to maintain the machines. But when you have constant traffic of people coming in and using the only 2 machines, the machines wear down, people leave huge mounds of trash behind, and people throw a fit of trying to bring back non-Target brand.

And CAs also have to recycle all the TM bottles and cans from the breakroom. Which takes about an hour for a large trash can worth.

In the chance of when it breaks down or doesn't scan right, my old GS TMs would always call the CAs in to handle it. Which was about every 5 minutes. If it doesn't scan, it is because the computer is never updated. When it breaks, usually because guests overload it or all the drink residue gums it up, it takes about 2 weeks for a serviceperson to come to the store.

I hate the rain people.
-The people who walk into the store and demand a completely dry cart. Until Target actually spent the money for dryer for the cart entrance, no carts are going to be dry. Hand drying isn't worth the extra time. Besides we don't have anything to clean and dry all the req'd dirty used towels which end up mildewing and stinking up the store.
-The people that collect inside the breezeway waiting for the rain to lighten up until other guests can't get through or block the automatic doors from opening.
-The people that hop the curb to pick someone at the doors completely ignoring that you almost hit a TM or another guest coming out.

Oh god yes. I have a theory about the people who fear the rain: it's because they are not completely balanced individuals and are either too good or too evil. Why? Well, one of my mom's friends always used to tell her not to worry about going out in the rain because "you're not made of sugar; you won't melt", meaning that she wasn't overly sweet. Thus, people who are purely good will melt in the rain.

On the flip side, water is what kills the Wicked Witch of the West in The Wizard of Oz; thus, people who are purely evil (i.e. 99.99999% of our guests) will also melt in the rain. Thus, it takes someone who is the perfect mixture of good and evil to walk in the rain without being melted. :D

Until Target actually spent the money for dryer for the cart entrance, no carts are going to be dry.

Man I would have loved your store back when I was CA. I had 4 Chamois that I rotated to wipe down all of the carts as I brought them in (A volume store).

On the subject of cans...

I hate that apparently my fellow team member/CWs are unable to read, because they constantly put trash in the recyclables can, and can/plastic bottles in the trash can. o_-

On the subject of cans...

I hate that apparently my fellow team member/CWs are unable to read, because they constantly put trash in the recyclables can, and can/plastic bottles in the trash can. o_-

At least your O/N crew doesn't stock your Food Ave lettuce in the FREEZER. Goodness, and it only says on the box "DO NOT FREEZE!" :mad:

I HATE it when we come in to work a truck/Autofills, and the Remodel team has hogged all of the flats/tubs, and leave all of their signing/plano/whatever crap on them... Can't wait til this damn remodel is done in a few weeks!!!!

I HATE it when we come in to work a truck/Autofills, and the Remodel team has hogged all of the flats/tubs, and leave all of their signing/plano/whatever crap on them... Can't wait til this damn remodel is done in a few weeks!!!!

I sympathize with you, Ranger. We're not in the middle of a remodel, but we have similar problems during Christmas. There will be autofills & Cafs left from dayside that didn't get pushed on flats and tubs. When BR needs them for the pulls or we need them for the truck there are none to be found. :(

Yep, gives new meaning to the term "rolling stock". Flats are becoming scarce at our store right now because of remod.

I wish flats/tubs were the only problem at my store...

Lately when we open the door in the morning (6am ULV store) we have 9-10 PDAs and 3 LPDAs on the chargers. Pricing / POG / backroom / instocks / trailer unload, not nearly enough to go around.

hahaha I was comming into work and saw a flat break in half as a vendor was bringing in milk. I felt so bad for the guy.

A flat broke...in half?! I've never seen that! :eek:
Talk about crying over spilt milk....

Go to a spill station before you start. There is directions on how use your phone as a radio. The options differ from each store. Find the one for one way communication & which buttons to use for it. Try it & see what happens.
It is suggested to say, "gstl to register 7 for guest assistance"

The phones at my store cant dial into the walkie extension anymore. Last year during the holidays someone called into the store and asked to be connected to the walkie extension, and the idiot operator put them through. after this incident they disconnected the extension.

This isn't really a hate, but I can't say I like it either, so I'm just going to post it here...

I'm not fond of when a guest approaches me and refers to me by name. It just feels weird to have a stranger use my name when I don't know theirs, I know I'm wearing a name tag, but still...Maybe I'm odd lol

Had a weird one like that occur the other day. I was wearing a joke name tag that said MacGyver (actual name tag, not one with a label, but actual indentations. One of my friends got it made up). I looked at a guest about 20 feet away and she shouts out "Brian," and starts walking towards me. I'm about to respond, since that's my name, but I realize I'm wearing the fake nametag and she can't be talking to me. So I look behind to see if there's a Brian-looking kid there. Nope. She then approaches me and says "Brian, where is handsoap." Now this confuses me even more, because a regular person who had learned my name would know where it was, and an irregular guest wouldn't know my actual name.

I give her the location, she wanders off and I'm left there dumbfounded wondering how things just went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back