Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually had an LOD stand by the carts blocking the door, get on the walkie, and say, "gsa, the carts are blocking the door." They don't like the response, "currently on a lane due to back-up, would you please get that for me?" Hehe!!

I know it's just a small thing, but...

I HATE it when customers want to grab their bags from the bag holder and they just yank it and rip off at least 100 bags. :gamer3:

Yep...same thing if they are buying just a box of condoms.

Reminds me of the time this middle-aged guy came through my line with condoms. After he left, our HR TL (who was covering GSTL's break) said "he must have a hot date tonight."

lol... I had an older guy come in for nothing but a box of Magnum condoms.

IHIW strippers come to my checkout lane (I'm in softlines, but I get cashier hours sometimes). Counting 60 singles isn't fun. They don't even fit in the drawer.

I've also had multiple people sorta accuse me of stealing their information while cashiering. "I wanna use this as credit because there should be something to cover this so my PIN isn't exposed." A PIN without a card would get me nowhere, and with all the people that go through a line in any given day, what makes you think I'd remember your PIN???

IHIW the pda/pdt all of a sudden isn't responding when I'm looking something up for a guest.

I'm still new, so I also hate it when they ask me things Idk the answer to. (I still don't know how to look up other sizes if they bring me a shirt or something)

IHIW I have to use the walkie in general. I'm awkward and I have always forget what I'm supposed to say, or what the acronyms mean.

btw, Hi, I'm new. Found this after searching for some info since the people that trained me have really strong accents and I missed some stuff, because I felt bad asking them to repeat themselves...

lol... I had an older guy come in for nothing but a box of Magnum condoms.

IHIW strippers come to my checkout lane (I'm in softlines, but I get cashier hours sometimes). Counting 60 singles isn't fun. They don't even fit in the drawer.

I've also had multiple people sorta accuse me of stealing their information while cashiering. "I wanna use this as credit because there should be something to cover this so my PIN isn't exposed." A PIN without a card would get me nowhere, and with all the people that go through a line in any given day, what makes you think I'd remember your PIN???

IHIW the pda/pdt all of a sudden isn't responding when I'm looking something up for a guest.

I'm still new, so I also hate it when they ask me things Idk the answer to. (I still don't know how to look up other sizes if they bring me a shirt or something)

IHIW I have to use the walkie in general. I'm awkward and I have always forget what I'm supposed to say, or what the acronyms mean.

btw, Hi, I'm new. Found this after searching for some info since the people that trained me have really strong accents and I missed some stuff, because I felt bad asking them to repeat themselves...

Welcome!

Btw for looking up different styles/sizes it can be done with the "merchandise locate" function on the POS Registers. Not sure about on the PDA.

For different sizes on the PDA, it's a pretty simple trick once you learn it. Let's say you have a medium shirt with a DPCI of 016-07-0495. To go to a small, you'd change the last digit to a 4, for a large, you'd change it to a 6 and so on. Shoes can be a little trickier with the half sizes, but overall same thing more or less.

For different sizes on the PDA, it's a pretty simple trick once you learn it. Let's say you have a medium shirt with a DPCI of 016-07-0495. To go to a small, you'd change the last digit to a 4, for a large, you'd change it to a 6 and so on. Shoes can be a little trickier with the half sizes, but overall same thing more or less.

GTC for you.
I was with the company for years before I learned that one.

Greetings and salutations to sher.

Thanks, guys!

I hate it when people ask me for directions when they're two feet away and the sign is visible.
Also, when I come home with the size labels for hangers in my pockets.

The size labels for hangers are the worst! They used to accumulate on my computer desk and on top of my dryer... Now I just toss them in the trash bin outside of the ETL offices when I turn in my walkie.

Red, you have more resources than having a PDA.
1. You have merchandise locate on register.
2. Target.com computers at gs, for dpci's & find stuff.
3. A telephone to call other stores.
4. A radio to call a tm or operator who has a PDA.

Also, the target mobile app on 3G/4G itouch or iPhone. You can use guest version of item search or scan the barcode for info, too.

I don't know about you guys, but the phones we have don't call out. We can only call out at the service desk.
I know my input is irrelevant because I'm salesfloor and I always have a PDA.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but the phones we have don't call out. We can only call out at the service desk.
I know my input is irrelevant because I'm salesfloor and I always have a PDA.

your input does count. your store is newer than mine.

I hate it when guests "threaten" that they'll just go to Walmart instead.. as if I care. This happened yesterday. I was going back to shoes from taking a recalled item to the backroom and a guest stopped to ask me about some seasonal hardline thing. I called on a walkie for someone to help them, but the only response was someone that was leaving for their break. Then a new hardline guy walked by to go into the backroom (with a pdt on his cart!) and said he couldn't help. Then the guest was all "I know walmart has it." In the end, I went back to the fitting room, grabbed my pda, then went back to seasonal to find xmas light gutter hangers. We did find them, but I was annoyed by the walmart thing.

I also hate it when team members don't respond to requests for assistance. See story above for an example haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back