Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when guests "threaten" that they'll just go to Walmart instead.. as if I care.

When in reality they are almost ALWAYS (99% of the time) back within 2-3 days.

"Oh, I can get it a dollar cheaper at walmart!" ok, go ahead and spend the gas money to get there you dumb ****.
(What you'd spend, even in a Prius, in gas driving from the Target store in my town to the closest walmart, also in my town, is $2, maybe $3. savings, derp derp derp)

When in reality they are almost ALWAYS (99% of the time) back within 2-3 days.

"Oh, I can get it a dollar cheaper at walmart!" ok, go ahead and spend the gas money to get there you dumb ****.
(What you'd spend, even in a Prius, in gas driving from the Target store in my town to the closest walmart, also in my town, is $2, maybe $3. savings, derp derp derp)

I was reading a story a few years ago.. that our prices were on average 2% higher then Walmart. And when it actually came down to Electronics, we beat them by a considerable amount.

So.. is it worth driving further out to save 2-4 cents on every item you buy? Imo, no. If you live right next to Walmart, go ahead.

Red, you have more resources than having a PDA.
1. You have merchandise locate on register.
2. Target.com computers at gs, for dpci's & find stuff.
3. A telephone to call other stores.
4. A radio to call a tm or operator who has a PDA.

Also, the target mobile app on 3G/4G itouch or iPhone. You can use guest version of item search or scan the barcode for info, too.

We cant use the Target app because at our store no TM is allowed to have a cell phone while on the clock we have to leave it in our locker or coat pocket.
Target's excuse for this rule is that if a guest sees us with a cell phone in our hand they will think we are goofing off on the phone instead of helping them.
So they have a rule NO cell phones on the floor.

Red, you have more resources than having a PDA.
1. You have merchandise locate on register.
2. Target.com computers at gs, for dpci's & find stuff.
3. A telephone to call other stores.
4. A radio to call a tm or operator who has a PDA.

Also, the target mobile app on 3G/4G itouch or iPhone. You can use guest version of item search or scan the barcode for info, too.

We cant use the Target app because at our store no TM is allowed to have a cell phone while on the clock we have to leave it in our locker or coat pocket.
Target's excuse for this rule is that if a guest sees us with a cell phone in our hand they will think we are goofing off on the phone instead of helping them.
So they have a rule NO cell phones on the floor.

i use my phone to help guests all the time cause target technology is outdated

I hate it when guests "threaten" that they'll just go to Walmart instead.. as if I care. This happened yesterday. I was going back to shoes from taking a recalled item to the backroom and a guest stopped to ask me about some seasonal hardline thing. I called on a walkie for someone to help them, but the only response was someone that was leaving for their break. Then a new hardline guy walked by to go into the backroom (with a pdt on his cart!) and said he couldn't help. Then the guest was all "I know walmart has it." In the end, I went back to the fitting room, grabbed my pda, then went back to seasonal to find xmas light gutter hangers. We did find them, but I was annoyed by the walmart thing.

I also hate it when team members don't respond to requests for assistance. See story above for an example haha

LOL this the funniest ones are guests looking for a non existent item and say they have seen it in store before then proceed to mention they actually saw it at a different location or different store and automatically assume every target has the same inventory or stock

LOL this the funniest ones are guests looking for a non existent item and say they have seen it in store before then proceed to mention they actually saw it at a different location or different store and automatically assume every target has the same inventory or stock
Or when they say the price was lower or on clearance at another Target. They want to know if we will price match ourselves or our online price. No matter how many times you tell a guest we do not have all the same prices and we do not clearance at the same time they still try to push for it.

^This. Especially since stores' clearance drops at different rates due to location & demographics.
"Well, XXX Target has it for 50% off & you only have it at 30%! Why can't you match that?!"
See explanation above. It's not what you wanted to hear but I don't have any say in the matter.

Or when they say the price was lower or on clearance at another Target. They want to know if we will price match ourselves or our online price. No matter how many times you tell a guest we do not have all the same prices and we do not clearance at the same time they still try to push for it.

Umm...we do price match target.com.....

I hate it when guests "threaten" that they'll just go to Walmart instead.. as if I care. This happened yesterday. I was going back to shoes from taking a recalled item to the backroom and a guest stopped to ask me about some seasonal hardline thing. I called on a walkie for someone to help them, but the only response was someone that was leaving for their break. Then a new hardline guy walked by to go into the backroom (with a pdt on his cart!) and said he couldn't help. Then the guest was all "I know walmart has it." In the end, I went back to the fitting room, grabbed my pda, then went back to seasonal to find xmas light gutter hangers. We did find them, but I was annoyed by the walmart thing.

I also hate it when team members don't respond to requests for assistance. See story above for an example haha

I had some jack wagon go off on me for 5 minutes (on my break no less) because "The X Target carries it, therefore YOU should carry it". He didn't want to hear my explanation that "The X Target is a SuperTarget and carries a LOT of items that we don't simply because they have 3x the space"....I was tempted to tell him "Hey a**hole, in the time you've spent berating me about how crappy my store is, you could've gotten into your car and driven to the X Target and picked up said item and stopped interrupting my break!!!!"

Did not know we price matched T.com for clearance.

So for clarification....

Do we price match other Ts for clearance?

Do we price match T.com on regular price items?

Do we price match other Ts for regular price items?

there was already inconsistency between stores before the vibe. Our store is all on the same page so it works fine for us.

Basically what I took from the vibe is "Make the guest happy whenever possible". Easy enough for me, as long as the guest wasn't an abusive dickhead I had no problem giving them what they wanted. One less angry guest.

.....as long as the guest wasn't an abusive dickhead I had no problem giving them what they wanted. One less angry guest.
Based on that criteria, there's NO happy guests at MY store....

Did not know we price matched T.com for clearance.

So for clarification....

Do we price match other Ts for clearance?

Do we price match T.com on regular price items?

Do we price match other Ts for regular price items?

I don't match other Target stores clearance.

I DO match t.com for clearance (Vibe)

I do match t.com on regular price items. (Best practice)

I don't match other Targets on regular priced items unless they're not a dbag and then I'll vibe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back