I hate my SD's new rules.

ADMIN POLL - Do you believe this story?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's not the point. The point is that us TL's deal with a ton of crap everyday and we should be allowed to treat ourselves.
Do you not think that the team deals with a ton of crap everyday? Don't you think they'd like to feel that their boss is out on the floor going through the same crap? Instead they see you and everyone else sitting around eating donuts.

Also would you allow your team members to take an extra break if all of the team members sat around after they punch in for work to eat donuts?

And before you say it, I know TL deals with a little more crap and has more responsibility, but do you know that you are "treated" to a higher hourly rate than the team members.

Also I say this every time, but I am almost positive you are a troll and I still respond, don't ask me why.

My store has a new SD after our last one quit without notice roughly a month ago. Me and this new SD actually have a good relationship. We quickly formed a solid camaraderie and he ended up being the one to give me that final push into being promoted to a GMTL. This promotion was something that I'd been wanting for for a while and I'm glad to be in the role, but my SD has set some new rules regarding how TL's interact with one another and I'm not the least bit happy about it.

Just a few days after I was officially promoted, my SD called a meeting for all leaders on duty. He basically told us that all of the TL's (not ETL's) were "living in a bubble" and that we were coming off as "an elitist club with no regard for TM's". He suddently starts laying out these new changes, one of which are that he's doing away with the room that serves as the TL offices. He says that the room is being turned into a second fixture room and that the TL's all have to start taking their breaks in the break room with the rest of the TM's.

What's more is that TL's aren't allowed to buy each other food anymore, nor are we allowed to purchase treats exclusively for TL's. We have a Style TL who'll bring in doughnuts every Friday and us TL's would sit in clerical eating our doughnuts. These doughnuts are exclusively for TL's, but our SD has told us that that's not happening anymore. Two TL's aren't allowed to pick up lunch for one another on their breaks and we're only allowed to bring in snacks and treats if it's enough to supply all TM's in the break room. I would occasionally go out to get Starbucks for me and some other leaders, but I'm apparently not allowed to do that anymore.

Our SD has gotten rid of the perks that I was most looking forward to as a TL in the first place. I hate having my breaks with the rest of the normie TM's and I think that us TL's should be allowed to treat ourselves given how much hard work that we have to put in. Is our SD actually allowed to be doing this? Is there some type of ethics violation going on here that our DD should know about?

.... you can go take your breaks in the freezer/fridge in the stock room that's what i used to . Or you can take it out front and Sit against the wall.

But tough shit. New SD new rules.

That's not the point. The point is that us TL's deal with a ton of crap everyday and we should be allowed to treat ourselves.
Ok since your so hung up on doughnuts, bring them in for your team and hold a meeting while you eat your donuts. There you go, your now the cool tl cause you brought the lowely tm's food. A army does march on its stommach

Someone gets it. I will bet my Duran Duran Funko Pops that CP is not a TL and is just making up stories for their own amusement.
Yeah, not buying it. The whole “TLs eating donuts in Clerical while on the clock” scenario is just a bridge too far. Now if the OP had said it was the ETLs at Starbucks…😂

The fact that you call TMs normies, when based on your posts you were one of those so-called normies less than 2 months ago, and you complain that getting free food from other TLs and sitting in your own little area to hang out amongst yourselves were "the perks that I was most looking forward to as a TL in the first place" really says to me that you just see being a TL as a status symbol. You don't seem to want to be a good leader for your team, you just want the special privileges of being a TL.

The fact that you call TMs normies, when based on your posts you were one of those so-called normies less than 2 months ago, and you complain that getting free food from other TLs and sitting in your own little area to hang out amongst yourselves were "the perks that I was most looking forward to as a TL in the first place" really says to me that you just see being a TL as a status symbol. You don't seem to want to be a good leader for your team, you just want the special privileges of being a TL.
But originally they wanted to date someone and that was the main reason, then they wanted to get TMs who didn't respond to back calls to do so and that was the main reason. Now it's donuts.

You don't seem to want to be a good leader for your team, you just want the special privileges of being a TL.
Welcome to my store. That's pretty much how all of the TL's here are. One of the front end TL's actually told me to my face that he just got the role because he likes bossing people around knowing that they'll get in trouble if they retaliate.

Do you not think that the team deals with a ton of crap everyday? Don't you think they'd like to feel that their boss is out on the floor going through the same crap? Instead they see you and everyone else sitting around eating donuts.

Also would you allow your team members to take an extra break if all of the team members sat around after they punch in for work to eat donuts?

And before you say it, I know TL deals with a little more crap and has more responsibility, but do you know that you are "treated" to a higher hourly rate than the team members.

Also I say this every time, but I am almost positive you are a troll and I still respond, don't ask me why.
TM's don't have to sit through boring BUS meetings. TM's get a free pass to just walk away anytime a Karen asks to speak to a manager. The TM's at my store aren't the ones who are constantly being pressured to stay late past their scheduled time. Don't give me any of this crap about how the TM's have to put up with the same bullshit that we do.

Welcome to my store. That's pretty much how all of the TL's here are. One of the front end TL's actually told me to my face that he just got the role because he likes bossing people around knowing that they'll get in trouble if they retaliate.
"Today I came into work and my HR ETL pulled me into his office. He somehow found out about not only the get together, but also my comments about the weird porky pig look-alike at the front end. He first told me that I need to be more mindful about how I speak of my peers and he said that these comments won't fly from someone who's aspiring to become a TL"

I think your forgetting your own lies...

You obviously bullying people 🙄

TM's don't have to sit through boring BUS meetings. TM's get a free pass to just walk away anytime a Karen asks to speak to a manager. The TM's at my store aren't the ones who are constantly being pressured to stay late past their scheduled time. Don't give me any of this crap about how the TM's have to put up with the same bullshit that we do.
Perhaps you've realized that being a TL isn't as glamorous as you thought it would be. If you're so unhappy and frustrated by what you've mentioned, why don't you consider finding another job and leaving Target? It seems like it isn't a good fit and you're complaining about losing the perks like buying food for other team leaders and having your own office which I doubt will change under this new SD.

P.S. Didn't you also want to be a part of meetings and you liked the exclusivity of them? Now you're saying that they are boring. It seems like you are constantly flip-flopping on these issues.

Perhaps you've realized that being a TL isn't as glamorous as you thought it would be. If you're so unhappy and frustrated by what you've mentioned, why don't you consider finding another job and leaving Target? It seems like it isn't a good fit and you're complaining about losing the perks like buying food for other team leaders and having your own office which I doubt will change under this new SD.

P.S. Didn't you also want to be a part of meetings and you liked the exclusivity of them? Now you're saying that they are boring. It seems like you are constantly flip-flopping on these issues.
Good catch about the meetings! This guy...😄

"Today I came into work and my HR ETL pulled me into his office. He somehow found out about not only the get together, but also my comments about the weird porky pig look-alike at the front end. He first told me that I need to be more mindful about how I speak of my peers and he said that these comments won't fly from someone who's aspiring to become a TL"

I think your forgetting your own lies...

You obviously bullying people 🙄
Well our HR ETL also abandoned ship around the same time as our old SD, so he's a moot point.

Back