Archived If you had to be an ETL

What ETL position would you most hope for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With less than a month until I finally start business college and no information on which position I will be I have been thinking a lot about which one I would like to do. I know many stores do not have all the positions I listed in the poll, or have a combination of two into one, but if you had to choose one which would you want to start out as and why?

I think I would be most happy as an ETL-LOG to start because it would be one of the more challenging roles for me, it would leave a lot of room for "proving" myself as a leader and to move up, there would be better pay, my girlfriend works early mornings also, and the commute would be a hell of a lot easier.

I said AP because I like what I do now. But ETL Food and SR ETL Merch (which wasn't listed) would be tied for a close 2nd choice.

Remodel ETL is a pretty nice gig too.

I said ETL HR because it's the one job that has the most transferable job opportunities outside of Spot and it seems like you could actually make the TMs lives a little better all across the board in that position but that's just me.

ETL Log or ETL Store Operations if I wanted to move up in Target. ETL HR if I just wanted the easiest ETL job.

@OnSix I'm not familiar with SR ETL Merch, can you elaborate on the position?

I went with HR. I would like Sales Floor or Logistics, but HR makes the most sense from a personal development standpoint. Experience there is more readily transferable to the non retail world.

ETL-OPS would be my first choice, however, it's a second placement position most of the time.

ETL Log or ETL Store Operations if I wanted to move up in Target. ETL HR if I just wanted the easiest ETL job.

@OnSix I'm not familiar with SR ETL Merch, can you elaborate on the position?
It's only in org 7 ($75+ million/year sales) stores. My store has one. He is basically 2nd in command to the STL. Runs the store when the STL is gone. Day to day the ETL SL, ETL HL, ETL SF OPS answer to him at my store. He also works closely with the ETL GE. It's like the SR TL of ETL positions, literally.

I know ETL-HR has one of the easiest jobs and the most transferable skillset, but I like working in the morning and I like a challenge. So ETL-LOG.

ETL-Salesfloor, I hate mornings and I love running around the store.

One of our $90million stores had a warehouse that would send over Autofills in the morning and CAFs twice a day. The operation was run by an ETL-Replen. Probably the easiest Replen position and they have an easy schedule. My Replen left Target to do the same thing, warehouse Replen, for Home Depot - a M-F 8am-4pm job for higher pay.

ETL-HR would be the best in terms of transferable skills.

ETL Food. Seems under serviced in all stores I've been to. In my mind, it would be the best way to show your capabilities in terms of turn around and what not.

On the topic of ETLs, do they need to have a first aid training or something? Same with TLs?

@kitkat16 - no formal first aid training. Just spill training and food safety. Guest or TM gets injured we have band-aides.

ETL-HR because my ETL-HR is a very personable person, she makes me feel welcome and is a person that I know I can go to if I have any sort of problem, and she'll get it solved. If I was going to be an ETL, I would like to follow in her lead. Besides, everyone reports to HR for time off and vacation...it would be a good way to show your skills.

ETL-RedCards

It is a preposterous situation when the ETL's say EVERYDAY ... Our red card goal today is X, I know we can do it. I understand being positive, but no matter what X equals, they would say the sane thing. So, in my mind, it's a waste of good air.

I would say log but overnight/early mornings are not my thing. My background is very heavy in grocery so Food would be no problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back