Archived If you work for Target...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been so dumb. I've made the mistake of being arrogant. After many years of winning awards and being told how much I was loved and appreciated I got complacent.
If you are reading this, heed my words! CYA! Document everything! I mean every, little, thing.
Do not trust anyone, ever.
From now on I will take notes every day. Interesting conversation? Document it. REDCard? Document it. LOD asks you to do anything? Document it.
Date. Time. Participant. Sooner or later your job or your integrity will depend on it.
The most important thing, don't ever think you are important to Spot. Your different? Your hard work, your devotion, your great ideas do not matter. They will hire three more just like you tomorrow. I love my job and I want to keep it but I'm wising up starting now.
TLDR:CYA!

I've been so dumb. I've made the mistake of being arrogant. After many years of winning awards and being told how much I was loved and appreciated I got complacent.
If you are reading this, heed my words! CYA! Document everything! I mean every, little, thing.
Do not trust anyone, ever.
From now on I will take notes every day. Interesting conversation? Document it. REDCard? Document it. LOD asks you to do anything? Document it.
Date. Time. Participant. Sooner or later your job or your integrity will depend on it.
The most important thing, don't ever think you are important to Spot. Your different? Your hard work, your devotion, your great ideas do not matter. They will hire three more just like you tomorrow. I love my job and I want to keep it but I'm wising up starting now.
TLDR:CYA!
Give em hell!

63932628.jpg

As someone who went from being a top performer to being performanced out in one year, damn right.
Keep records, make sure you write everything down because it really could make a difference, especially if you notice a change in the attitude of the management towards you.

When you say "keep records" will there be someone to corroborate these records or is it your word(s) against theirs?

As someone who went from being a top performer to being performanced out in one year, damn right.
Keep records, make sure you write everything down because it really could make a difference, especially if you notice a change in the attitude of the management towards you.
Do you mind telling this story? That seems so odd and spooky, and not in a good way.

I was accused of requisitioning too many rewards for cashiers. I have not requisitioned anything since about mid May and I only did then when an LOD told me to.
I asked her to pull the requisition report but she said she could not and that she could not tell who requisitioned what even if she did.
This was just a reminder that I should be looking out for myself.
We throw those receipts away. From now on I'll just keep mine with a brief notation.

While I'm at it, why is it so hard to get a straight answer from anyone at work?
At my store you cannot get the same awnser from any two people to save your life. I've spent too many of my breaks searching WB for the best practice about this or that. Between that and lack of training many of us just make it up as we go along and hope for the best.
Also, we have two ways of doing everything. The way we do it when the STL is there and the way we do everything the rest of the time. Is it like that at your stores?

Not sure if this is doom-filled advice or a cry for help. @BullseyeBabe , are you alright? What happened? Who hurt you?

This kind of covers it with the final result being that the lawyers told me that because they had done such a good job of CYA and I hadn't there was only a 50/50 chance of us winning.
The lawyers were working pro-bono and not really interested in a case that wouldn't win much, if at all.

That's terrible:( ( not downplaying your situation) I kinda know how you feel like one person says okay go ahead say vibe vibe vibe and another person will say no you can't do that I don't care what the situation is you don't change the price or it doesn't matter what the sign says you say no but like I said the other person will say yes yes yes! So if I change prices or say okay then it's okay but then another day it's not okay so really it's confusing..... So in a way I do have to make a mental note well on this day....... So if and when they say you changed the prices I can say well I have conflicting stories one person says yes go ahead and the next the say no?? The vibe thing is really confusing around at my store.

If you don't feel safe at your job, it's time to quit. Find something else because it's going to eat your mind alive. Constantly wondering what's going on behind your back is a terrible feeling at any job. Target is notorious for purposely doing that and performancing people out.

They are lying to you about not being able to print the requisition report and it not distinguishing who requisitioned what. They can print it AND see who it was that requisitioned whatever item or product. If that were true, then how would they know that you've been requisitions too much? I second what everyone else has said, if you don't feel safe at work, leave. Talk to your STL about it and if it gets you no where, call the hotline.

I don't see how documenting helps. Especially if it's something like someone being rude or whatever. couldn't you just bullshit some stuff and get the same result?

I'd never take personal notes from someone as proof of an action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back