Archived Inappropriate jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I am on overnight and someone makes a joke about my mom. and I make a joke back about his sister and he tells hr. Can I be fired for this ? Because he told hr

OK so I am on overnight and someone makes a joke about my mom. and I make a joke back about his sister and he tells hr. Can I be fired for this ? Because he told hr
Lol.

But no, likely you won't be fired. Likely if they even take that seriously your hrETL will either have a word with you to touch base or your TL will. Your likeliness of getting fired all depends how much you benefit the team. :D

Lol I jokingly wrote that all I do at work is walk around and scan things and talk on facebook... Someone I'm "friends" with went to hr and told on me. They called me in one day and just told me that I'm friends with someone that is telling on me and they weren't allowed to say who, but just go over my friends list and try and figure it out. Then said we all know you do work.

Well, this is a disappointment. For a second, I thought we were supposed tell inappropriate jokes on this thread!

OP, depending on how uptight your ETL-HR is will determine any consequences, from nothing to a write-up. My first ETL-HR considered "hell" a curse word.

If she asks about it, tell her he started it by making a joke about your mom & you're sorry he can't take a joke.
Apparently he can dish it out but can't take it.

If I were HR, I would have just told him to stay out of the kitchen.

Lol I jokingly wrote that all I do at work is walk around and scan things and talk on facebook... Someone I'm "friends" with went to hr and told on me. They called me in one day and just told me that I'm friends with someone that is telling on me and they weren't allowed to say who, but just go over my friends list and try and figure it out. Then said we all know you do work.
I hate it when they hit you with that "someone" told me this or "someone" said that you did this. If I'm not able to face my accuser and let them say it in front of me then don't even bring it up. I'm pretty sure if I said I saw the STL doing a line on the pharmacy floor they'd tell her EXACTLY who said it so I feel I'm owed the same respect....I've been going on a lot of rants these past few days....lol

Once I accidently made a joke to a guest about her daughter being a prostitute/stripper. I survived. You'll be fine. Just remember to keep your jokes PG13.

So she talked with me and said she is just gathering information and then I guess it goes to hr bp. It's been about 8 months since I had a coaching. I'm just worried

Once I accidently made a joke to a guest about her daughter being a prostitute/stripper. I survived. You'll be fine. Just remember to keep your jokes PG13.
Psh i joked about necrophilia with a guest before. (I swear in context it was alright)

Once had a cashier who said out loud, after a guest's card was denied, "Looks like someone didn't pay their bill!" She was immediately sent home and terminated.

I'd have turned into Lucious Lyon...
Lucious-Lyon-Snitch-Bitch.gif

So she talked with me and said she is just gathering information and then I guess it goes to hr bp. It's been about 8 months since I had a coaching. I'm just worried
So she talked with you and that was it? Shouldn't be anything to worry about then. Sounds like she was just getting your side of it and decided there's nothing there. I believe TLs call this a "seek to understand" conversation.

I hate it when they hit you with that "someone" told me this or "someone" said that you did this. If I'm not able to face my accuser and let them say it in front of me then don't even bring it up. I'm pretty sure if I said I saw the STL doing a line on the pharmacy floor they'd tell her EXACTLY who said it so I feel I'm owed the same respect....I've been going on a lot of rants these past few days....lol
Consider it a heads up that there's a snitch in your midst.
They can't say who it is but but at least they warned you so you'll be aware that the walls ALWAYS have ears.

Consider it a heads up that there's a snitch in your midst.
They can't say who it is but but at least they warned you so you'll be aware that the walls ALWAYS have ears.
This is true my ETLGE/SF always hits me with the ugh I don't even wanna have this convo but I have to but someone said you hurt her feelings and I'm just trying to figure out what was said, but this same someone's given me a list of people that she feels aren't doing work around the store but we don't know how she knows this because she's only a cashier.

Yes, but they are sending it out of store, which means it's an issue.
From the way he wrote it, it sounds like he's assuming that will happen and he wasn't actually told that.

@Retail Girl how bad could this get corrective final termination? I just got this promotion all I have done since thanksgiving is mind my own business. I don't know what hr bp is

@Retail Girl how bad could this get corrective final termination? I just got this promotion all I have done since thanksgiving is mind my own business. I don't know what hr bp is
HRBP is the human resources business partner...the human resource person for the district. Did your ETL-HR say it was going to the HRBP? Or was that a guess on your part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back