Archived Injury report

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackroomAlpha

Ask me anything, maybe I can help.
Does anyone know if there is a time limit to reporting an injury caused by an incident at work? Been about 4 weeks, didnt say anything but my foot is swelling up. Pretty sure it is broken.

Usually 48 hours from the time of incident. Always report. Just know you will be tested for chemical use.
Yeah, i know. Sucks, should have reported it. Person who caused it is a TL and would have been tested so I didnt report it.

You can always report it (I did one for an injury 5 months ago) but you can jeopardize your claim by waiting so long. Good luck

Had a coworker limping along after tripping on her sandal.
After a week of swelling & being able to put weight on it less & less, she got an xray & discovered two metatarsal breaks.
Had to have a couple screws put in & she was out 8 weeks.

Had a coworker limping along after tripping on her sandal.
After a week of swelling & being able to put weight on it less & less, she got an xray & discovered two metatarsal breaks.
Had to have a couple screws put in & she was out 8 weeks.

Open toed shoes at work?

No one goes that long with broken bones.

It ain't broken.

Trust me...
Pretty sure I'm gonna have to agree with Kartman on this one.
Probably just fractured, but not broken ;)

Regardless of filling the claim, get it checked out if it's getting seriously swollen. There are small bones in the foot.

Nope, happened during a day off.
Point is, she was on her feet for awhile with two breaks so yeh, it CAN be broken

Yep. Easy I broke my foot a couple years after tripping over a dog bed.. Thought I had just twisted my ankle badly. Nope actually broke a bone in my foot and only found out when four months later had an x-ray and they found the old fracture along with a dislocated bone in my foot. It hurt like a bitch when I did it but I could still put weight on it and walk so stuffed my foot in my boot and kept going, life was at a point I didn't have time to be in a cast. But I paid for it with months and months of pain cause even after they figured out what I did, the cure? Time.. Still bugs me ever two years later..

Coworker ended up off her feet for weeks after surgery & it still bothers her years later.

Last edited:
About ten years ago my foot was crushed by a log. Both sides were blown out and required stitches.

4 broken bones, but luckily I didn't need any of that pin/screw stuff. crush_1.jpg

Coworker ended up off her feet for almost 10 weeks after surgery & it still bothers her years later.

I got lucky and know it.. My hubby sports dual zippers on one of his ankles after falling wrong and breaking his playing sports.. Plates, pins and yeah 12 weeks with me driving him everywhere.. And yep in the winter it aches but he could have the hardware out but doesn't want to go through the healing again..

It can def be broken. I walked on a fully broken toe for a few years, didnt heal for a few. Im fairly tough so wel see how this goes

Usually 48 hours from the time of incident. Always report. Just know you will be tested for chemical use.
...I wasn't tested, and I reported within about an hour of my injury (wasn't 100% sure how bad it was at first, but I ended up leaving early and going straight to urgent care). Not that they'd have found anything, just telling my personal experience.

Hope your foot's OK in the long run, OP, that sucks.:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back