Archived Instocks issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past week or so we've been having a lot of glitches with the Instocks app, and I was wondering if any other stores are experiencing similar issues? Lately we haven't been able to access Instocks until 9am, and the past two days we haven't had any RIGs drop at all. Our team starts at 7am usually, so we've just been scanning in Stand-alone until we're able to access our task list, but it's a real pain in the butt. And then today the biggest issue of them all happened. We scanned in roughly 30-50 rainchecks and ad-sub signs this morning, but when I went to go print off our sign batches, only 2 out of the 5-6 showed up (we have to make a new batch every time RF logs us out... annoying) showed up, and just 1 sign printed out. We were able to go in and reprint duplicates, but we didn't even get a fraction of the original number up. So now we're probably going to take a huge hit in our metrics for the week. The entire store was having problems printing signs this morning though. Does anyone have any clue what's going on? I think either our STL or ETL-LOG is calling the help desk tomorrow morning about it... We've never encountered any of these problems before as far as we know.

We've been calling the help desk for 2 weeks. We are told "global issues" but it doesn't keep them from dumping our metrics. The problems are varied, similar to yours, and different daily.

Ahhhh, "global issues". My favorite term of theirs... :dash2:

RIGs didn't drop today either. If it was Friday you were having the problem, the new Instocks process rolled out company-wide the day before, so maybe there were some glitches there.

I didn't scan Friday, but I do remember Thursday morning was the day we couldn't get in til 9. We've only had the RIG issue today and yesterday though as far as I know, but the 9am thing has been all days. Is that actually part of the new rollout?

I know the new rollout allows stores to decide when to drop the task list, so maybe your store decided that 9am was the time to do so (not sure what you're volume is or how you're flow process works). My store I stuck with my normal time of 6:30 -- we are an overnight store. Another part of the new rollout is that you research different fillgroups each day (MM1, MM2, ELEC, etc), and you can designate you're store's re-scan day. So some days you only have a small amount of scanning to do, and some days you have more.

Wow, our ETL-LOG never discussed any of that with us.... Grrr. Our store is a 6am ULV store, so that might explain the 9am part, but instocks is still scheduled to come in at 7am, which seems counter-productive to me if that's what they did choose... We'll definitely have to talk to him tomorrow and see if we can get some good answers. That was very helpful in the meantime though, GSTLman! Thank you!

can anyone explain why certain areas are skipped on the all scan day? the areas are not PTM. one area was an area pricing was marking, but the batch didn't skip all of pricing's area, just one. then we thought that another area was because of heavy revisions that week, but it didn't skip both areas with heavy revisions, just one.

RIGs didn't drop today either. If it was Friday you were having the problem, the new Instocks process rolled out company-wide the day before, so maybe there were some glitches there.

My TL and my ETL have heard nothing about a new process being rolled out. Where are the details found??

My TL and my ETL have heard nothing about a new process being rolled out. Where are the details found??

Agreed, I talked to my TL and ETL today about our issues and neither one mentioned anything. I wonder if maybe it's just being piloted at certain stores right now?

I don't THINK my store is piloting it, as another store in my district was doing this before we began it. So far I haven't seen much of a difference in it other than the task list being much smaller, and everything is being researched via fill group. The details were sent to me via store communication about the spring 2013 software release. Maybe some stores haven't had the release yet... It's on Workbench if you google Spring 2013 Software Release.

can anyone explain why certain areas are skipped on the all scan day? the areas are not PTM. one area was an area pricing was marking, but the batch didn't skip all of pricing's area, just one. then we thought that another area was because of heavy revisions that week, but it didn't skip both areas with heavy revisions, just one.

It could be that those aisles weren't tied at the time the task list dropped. The task list can't lead you to POGs that it doesn't know exist. This is why SFLA should be checked on a weekly basis. Sometimes daily. Soem people tying pogs have a way of keying the wrong block or aisle or section for ties.

Have you received the new spring release software which includes a new instocks task list? If so you need to visit the new in stocks configuration tool on workbench (only an ETL can access it). From there you will be able to set a re-scan day, as well as what time your in stocks team should begin their tasks dependent upon whether you are an overnight/4AM or ULV chart.

Search workbench for software rollout schedule, its an excel spreadsheet, all stores have different roll out schedules.

Have you received the new spring release software which includes a new instocks task list? If so you need to visit the new in stocks configuration tool on workbench (only an ETL can access it). From there you will be able to set a re-scan day, as well as what time your in stocks team should begin their tasks dependent upon whether you are an overnight/4AM or ULV chart.

Found it today. It would've been cool if our STl and ETl knew about it.

I did mysupport it but received a generic message (be sure the planos are tied and so forth). In other words, they have no idea (or at least the department I wrote to didn't). But the new process does make sense (I haven't searched for it on work bench). It was Wednesday when the task list number was in the 500's. Today it about half again.

I talked to my ETL-LOG today, and he said that he's aware of the new processes, and that they were things rolled out to our store that we shouldn't have gotten? I don't know anymore... I'm just going to scan things in isles that the PDA tells me to and put grey dots on them :girl_sigh:

The instocks team at my store scans 3 days a week for 4 hours. Since the new role out takes you to specific locations, you don't get as many scans in. Our total scans have dropped. We find ourselves using standalone RSCH in departments we didn't do to get our scans back up. Another good feature is when you print the subs, it tells you where to put it.

The instocks team at my store scans 3 days a week for 4 hours. Since the new role out takes you to specific locations, you don't get as many scans in. Our total scans have dropped. We find ourselves using standalone RSCH in departments we didn't do to get our scans back up. Another good feature is when you print the subs, it tells you where to put it.

You're supposed to be scanning every day. The new task list utilizes fill group scanning. It would seem to me that you are circumventing a process that, IMO, is MUCH better than before. You should not have to do any SAR at all if you are doing a weekly all-scan day. I would strongly recommend that someone actually reads the rollout and how it affects the instocks process. There IS a method to the madness.

Nope Rarejem idk what is up with my store. They don't scan on truck days for some reason. so that leaves them 3 days to scan for 4 hours. Scans have dropped,subs, all of it. Our IS process is slowly going downhill. Pretty sure if the IS TL at my store told the stl what you just said, it would go in one ear and out the other. :dash2::dash2::dash2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back