Archived Internal promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had a couple of internal promotions lately. However it does seem that we now have more Chiefs than Indians. There are six regular TLs and five Senior TLs.

And Ya'll ain't needen to give that there team member grief over the way he done learnt to talk.

BTW, I'm from the south too. ;)

I always forget the people from the south are dumb. Apparently its smarter to turn your "ar" sounds into short o's......? :)

...and most of the east coast drops 'r's altogether...:D

Sometimes, they even eat their "t"s. I'm guilty of that too.
It's great to see Target realize that the best people to promote are already working at Target. I had an ETL who worked his way through the ranks and he was the only one who lasted the full 18 months of the ETL-LOG rotation. The rest (new hires) either quit or got fired before reaching the end of the 18 months.
I never thought ETL-LOG was a position for new hires (especially at an overnight store), but I guess it depends on their background.

We have had a couple of internal promotions lately. However it does seem that we now have more Chiefs than Indians. There are six regular TLs and five Senior TLs.

Why are there 5 Sr. TL's. My store only has and needs 3. Are you guys super low volume? Super high volume? Super Target? Is there no ETLs in your building? That just sounds crazy to me but I don't know anything about your store. Are they all key carriers and do LOD shifts?

Why are there 5 Sr. TL's. My store only has and needs 3. Are you guys super low volume? Super high volume? Super Target? Is there no ETLs in your building? That just sounds crazy to me but I don't know anything about your store. Are they all key carriers and do LOD shifts?

5 Seniors is only slightly excessive... Most stores should have a total of 8 key carriers... So the STL, ETL-HR, ETL-SF, ETL-LOG... That leaves 4 Senior TLs at ULV stores... So they only have 1 extra really!

Ya'll act like I made my original post up. It's the concrete truth. There is no 'maybe' or 'hopefully' about it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as though you were making it up, I simply meant hopefully it is actually trending company wide, and not just a few stores or districts. ;)

I have to be honest, I am noticing a trend of more internal promotions within my own district as well... I have seen 3 TLs make it to ETL within the last few months (they had just gotten their degrees though, which outweighs the fact that they were TLs) and I know of a few more on their way up using the same path... I have NOT seen any TLs get promoted without recently getting their degrees however, so that front has not changed...

I have to be honest, I am noticing a trend of more internal promotions within my own district as well... I have seen 3 TLs make it to ETL within the last few months (they had just gotten their degrees though, which outweighs the fact that they were TLs) and I know of a few more on their way up using the same path... I have NOT seen any TLs get promoted without recently getting their degrees however, so that front has not changed...

How much do u think having the degree outweighs being a TL because my STL has already said during round robins the STL's doing the interview want to see u have GREEN numbers.

It's BS in my group. We only promote a TL that is AMAZING with a new degree, or we put cheerleaders almost there into the intern program. It's depressing. My bosses are idiots. I'd love to see any of my ETLs be a assistant manager in a walmart, where they actually do some sales.

we had a tm rehire a few months ago who really flew through the ranks, from nonrehireable to hireable to srtl(she is degreed). she talks down to her team and peers and spends her time flirtin with our etl or sitting on her butt at tsc. but i digress... she is now going to become the etlhr at another store.
i wish her all the luck in the world! yay internals!! :thumbsup:

I've decided it's not the people that are getting hired's fault. It's the poisonous frat/sorority style senior management that we currently have. They're looking for more people like them subconsciously. It's no longer a meritocracy at Target, it's a popularity contest where the cutest cheerleader wins.

We are a C volume store. We have all the ETLs we are supposed to have which is 1 HL, 1 GE/SL, 1 HR, 1 LOG, and the STL.

I was told by my exec that we are supposed to have 5 Sr. TLs. And lo and behold, they were hired.

We are a C volume store. We have all the ETLs we are supposed to have which is 1 HL, 1 GE/SL, 1 HR, 1 LOG, and the STL.

I was told by my exec that we are supposed to have 5 Sr. TLs. And lo and behold, they were hired.

Ah, no ETL-AP? So useful though :rolleyes:

Ah, no ETL-AP? So useful though.

We're in a similar situation as far as headcount goes. No ETL-AP, but we do have an AP-TL. They have only had the position about a year and we had no AP-TL before that for the longest of times. If we weren't full on Sr.'s, they'd likely be a key carrier by now.

we are c and have 4 srtl. which is fine if they just cover lod shifts on weekends/nights 2 days a week. but they end up neglecting their salesfloor duties. and why do they need to be in the etl meeting for 4 hours and the tl meeting for another hour? waste of time.

but yet, on thursdays only 2 lods are there all day long. our etllog in the morning and a srtl at night. thursdays are now my favorite day of the week because its very peaceful.

I always thought Sunday A.M. was kind of peaceful. Set the AD, complete the RIG. Flip endcaps if needed. Very peaceful.

That is until the DTL walks in and wants to walk your ad with you. LOL

i dont think our dtl ever walks on the weekends. ive never seen any higher ups in our store on the weekends in my time at target.

Had my DTL, HRBP, Pharmacy leader and DAPTL show-up for our Black-Friday ad set. All I got to say, boy was that fun....... That was in my first month of taking over ad prep and ad set......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back