Archived Is base pay being increased selectively?

Did your base pay move up to $10 after your review?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand Wal-Mart increased its minimum wage to $10/hr a few weeks ago and instead of doing the same thing, which is the right thing, Target is giving out selective base pay increases to some employees on a case-by-case basis and pushing them up from $9 to $10. Has anyone heard from their managers about why this is happening?

Everyone is getting the raise to $10 (plus paygrade difference if applicable) and then their merit raise as well. There is nothing selective about it.

There are many threads and posts about this currently.

Thanks SFSFun. I just want to be sure about everyone getting this hike so I have a few follow-ups. Where did you hear it? Did you hear this from your manager that it is going to be a company wide thing across all stores? What about people whose reviews haven't started yet? Thanks for your patience and response.

It was mentioned to all leaders. Management at your store should have been given communication on it.

It is something happening company wide. Target has to stay competitive.

Thanks SFSFun. I just want to be sure about everyone getting this hike so I have a few follow-ups. Where did you hear it? Did you hear this from your manager that it is going to be a company wide thing across all stores? What about people whose reviews haven't started yet? Thanks for your patience and response.
I haven't heard anything about it at my store but shockingly, strong communication skills are not a trait that my ETLs possess.

As I said there are multiple other threads about it on here, from TMs/TLs/ETLs across the country confirming it.

i was making over $10.27 before my review and got a 51 cent raise. but some TMs get a dollar if they have the right "personality" or Benched TMs get the bucks too apparently. work ethic and "supporting the store doesnt count for as much as you think sadly. a new TM told me hs makes 10.50 now, was hired less than 6 months ago. so, best thing to do is not worry about who got what, or who makes what as youll just get mad, especially if youre like me and run processes in the store as a TM who takes on leadership roles but it doesnt count for anything.

Im in Washington state where we have a high cost of living but here seattle passed a 15 dollar minimum wage, its growing in phases and is at 13 currently. Naturally who would apply at a store for 10 an hour when our three Seattle stores are paying 13 minimum, Targets minimum at all stores in our state is now 13.

Im in Washington state where we have a high cost of living but here seattle passed a 15 dollar minimum wage, its growing in phases and is at 13 currently. Naturally who would apply at a store for 10 an hour when our three Seattle stores are paying 13 minimum, Targets minimum at all stores in our state is now 13.
Did they bump current TMs and TLs as well? Or is it just for new hires?

It was 9.75 minimum wage when I started, I went up to 10.18 at my review, though at some point prior I'd been bumped up to 10.03 and not been told.

And with my Electronics/Bike Building bump, I make about $11 an hour currently.

The Walmart in my area pays $11.45 starting! Raises every year still. Looks real convincing but I have to remind myself I think I like Target more than Walmart right now haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back