Archived Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reshop Ninja

Softlines Dps
So, over the past few months we've had a gradual mass-quit in my department. This has meant that my store has been scrambling to get new people hired before we hit our busy season and End to End. What this has led to has been me, a team mentor, having to train five or six people at once. We do have three other people capable of training but I still wound up with a huge group each night. I know with other stores that the team is trimmed back after the holidays when seasonal people are let go so it's not just our store having to hire a bunch of new people at this time of year. What I want to know is: is this the new norm for when we hire on a lot of people?

Good job! Step your game up. Your leadership has faith in your leadership abilities.

It likely isn't the norm but the store was desperate to get those positions filled asap. I believe in one on one training but have trained multiple people at once before.

We had to hire a lot of people for softlines for the end to end. The market end to end roll out was such a mess. The second the market nightmare was over, it was announced that we are getting the softlines end to end team.

Last fall we had a SLTM training 3 tms at once. FWIW that TM is now a team lead :), but Spot likes to stretch a buck as well. Still, it might be a good opportunity to share your desire to promote if you do want to.

I feel like you shouldn't have to train more than two people at once. To easy for someone to slip through the cracks but when you need bodies you don't have a choice.

I had several days last October/November where I was training multiple new hires for Ship from Store all at the same time. They kept showing up at random (HR gave new hires training shifts but then didn't put it in the schedule or tell anyone in advance). Later groups didn't even get orientation, so I had to go through things like schedules and meal compliance.

The biggest group I had was 5 TMs. I ended up splitting them with another TM, and had them work in groups for the rest of the day.

Later groups didn't even get orientation, so I had to go through things like schedules and meal compliance.

Does your store have no HR. I don't see how your etl HR wouldn't be fired over that. A big reason companies do orientation is to protect against lawsuits later.

Does your store have no HR. I don't see how your etl HR wouldn't be fired over that. A big reason companies do orientation is to protect against lawsuits later.
I can't remember if we had HR at that point of if we were still getting help from other stores. But they were hired as Just In Time Fulfillment, and hadn't really done anything besides interview and fill out paperwork before their first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back