Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

For my store, it is up to my team lead whether or not to give any extra space to our vendors for pizza. If he tells me to make space on the 25th (i open), I will. I doubt our Red Baron vendor will even know about this, let alone brig in extra product. Our nestle vendor will bring whatever we tell him to bring if he is given proper time to do so.

Anyone know if there will be special signing for this pizza deal?

My support got back to me about my endcap issue. Apparently, my store was not supposed to get the full PFAB transition with the juice endcap due to us only having one dairy endcap. What happened was someone on HQs end thought my store had 2 diary endcaps and put our store in the list of PFAB stores. They said they will do a revision as soon as possible.

Lets hope plano has the hours for it/

For my store, it is up to my team lead whether or not to give any extra space to our vendors for pizza. If he tells me to make space on the 25th (i open), I will. I doubt our Red Baron vendor will even know about this, let alone brig in extra product. Our nestle vendor will bring whatever we tell him to bring if he is given proper time to do so.

Anyone know if there will be special signing for this pizza deal?
My TL only takes Consumables shifts twice a week compared to my working 40 hours a week in PFresh so I made the call to switch an endcap to pizza for a day.

Extra. Space? My DLT wants as many turkeys on the floor as possible so I had to move my GF endcap (which was by meat, other end of grocery) to my frozen EC. My Tyson bagged D210 is in my front endcap to make room for Butterballs in the bunker. And to top it off, Bluebell is back in production (and not on the current POG) so they get a front door. I only have 1 door for my 6 frozen SP's :/

This dumbass TL at my store is losing his mind because I've been too busy to put up his "high priority labels"

It's product that goes down in price by five cents

Ours have arrived.

I will check for them Tuesday morning. Personally, unless my TL or higher says so, I am not giving any extra space to the pizza vendors. I dont have the time to remove product from an endcap or bunker for one day just to put the product back the next day. I will make sure the signs are up but that is it.

On the 25th, I have to make sure p fresh and the thanksgiving endcaps are full to maximize sales. I also have to receive milk and do an order. So making new room is not happening

Speaking of milk, I f***ing hate milk. After over a month of not getting enough milk (especially the MP skim gallons), the milk vendor decieded to give us a $hit ton of milk to the point were we just barely have enough room for it in our cooler. The issue for us with pallets of milk is our dairy cooler is NOT behind our milk locations on the floor. Our receieving door is on the opposite end of our dairy doors on the sales floor. The milk vendors also didnt tell us they were switching to bringing us pallets of milk instead of putting them on flats is usual. Also, they buttholes didnt come in the AM like usual and come in right at 230pm. That means I had to push 2 1/2 pallets of milk to the floor plus stack whatever is left in our cooler. Those of you who dont know how much milk is on a pallet of milk is 54 crates. Totaling to roughly 135 crates of milk plus the 1/2 1/2 and heavy creamer boxes. Luckily, I had someone to help me push milk.

Not only I had to deal with the milk, my TL made a mess in the cooler by spilling milking all over our dairy cooler. He left as soon as I arrived and did the worst job of cleaning up the milk I have ever seen. He didnt even get rid of the leaking milk. He put it in a crate with the rest of the milk and it continued to leak. Not only that, he left a trash bin full of processed qmos and white bin of unprocessed qmos AGAIN (GAHHHHHHHHHHH)

So because I had to deal with pushing the milk, cleaning up after my TL and stacking all the milk, I hate milk. This caused me not to do most of the caf pulls or fill up eggs. I did push turkeys before I had to start my dry zone before doing p fresh.

Rant over

Oh man milk.....so much came in yesterday. Took me forever. Ours come on these metal rolling racks that are heavy as hell and are really hard to control.
On a positive note, I love this time of year in market. So busy and guests are in good moods.

I had an entire stack of full milk cartons tip over while I was in the dairy cooler. The bottom crate wasn't fully on the pallet to begin with (sitting slightly off the edge, which meant it tipped over at the slightest touch.)

At least 1 gallon broke, and milk leaked all over the floor. :/ Bright side, only one gallon, and in the dairy cooler - not on the sales floor.

boo

I did clean it up, though.

I had an entire stack of full milk cartons tip over while I was in the dairy cooler. The bottom crate wasn't fully on the pallet to begin with (sitting slightly off the edge, which meant it tipped over at the slightest touch.)

At least 1 gallon broke, and milk leaked all over the floor. :/ Bright side, only one gallon, and in the dairy cooler - not on the sales floor.

boo

I did clean it up, though.
Milk is always a pain. One gallon leaking somehow finds its way to cover everything.

parks-and-recreation-milk.gif

My Thursday milk delivery was 5 pallets (up from the usual 2) and I had only sold through 2 pallets by the time yesterdays 7 pallets rolled in. FDC also got delivered last night so I have a feeling that I'll have some perturbed TMs when I arrive today.

My Thursday milk delivery was 5 pallets (up from the usual 2) and I had only sold through 2 pallets by the time yesterdays 7 pallets rolled in. FDC also got delivered last night so I have a feeling that I'll have some perturbed TMs when I arrive today.
ouch, so sorry , we decreased our milk delivery for Friday and Monday as it was way too high, we still received 4 pallets on Friday and going to receive almost 3 pallets on Monday.

What are procedures for checking dates like at other stores? Outside of FIFOing while pushing product, that is. I am curious about both the expectations from leadership and the actual reality of what gets done and how frequently.

Last edited:
What are procedures for checking dates like at other stores? Outside of FIFOing while pushing product, that is. I am curious about both the expectations from leadership and the actual reality of what gets done and how frequently.
Freshness Friday where the day's huddle should be targeting a specific aisle and checking the whole thing for out of dates. Usually target a food type screwed up by flow. Other part is adding expiration dates to the my devices so that suspect items drop into the short date workload. If you qmos stuff it helps to add an expiration for the next day so that none of it comes out of the back later.

always check dates on your metros as you push the CAF pulls.

Also, go thru and pull out the case stock that has expired or about to expire, yogurt go out 4 to 5 days and SUBT it off the location, qmos and donate.
It is easy if you are a FDC delivery cause the expiration dates are in black.

We keep the coolers clean of expired food.

As for dry grocery that is another worry that no one at my store has time for. WE haven't done a freshness Friday for months, usually pushing leftover FDC pallets on Friday.

So I had a disagreement with our crappy red baron vendor. As some of you know, there is an frozen endcap with pies and coolwhip. Two shelves has Edwards (red baron) 2 facings and 1 facing of Marie calander pumpkin pies on 2 shelves. I see the red baron vendor taking off the pumpkin pies in favor of his pies. He claims that they quote "paid for those shelves" and his product should go there. I told him that isn't the case and he got irritated. I know for a fact that the endcap is correct because I set it myself.

Back