Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Oh I know that...its just..I swear a 4 hour closing shift (im doing 6 tonight) FEELS like a 8 hour opening shift. Closing always feels like im there so much longer as compared to when I open. I guess when you have to zone the entire dry market section, coolers, freezers and PFRESH thats why it seems like it
I think it feels like forever because zoning is so monotonous. Opening shift is task oriented and for me, never boring.

Did you get promoted to a TL?

No, there has never been a PA in my store promoted to TL(it is a "Trap" position at my store) and we have had PFresh for at least 6 years. I have been the longest sitting person in the "carrot-line" and decided if they won't promote me they can go without me, while I learn something new, and make myself more valuable "however slightly" that would be...

Every single TM thinks of me as "the Defacto Market guy", and most TLs treat me as a peer, just as much as my team lead (if not more). I have a feeling that in the future I could end up back in Market as my current TL quit after I made it clear I wanted to move on as I felt I hit the end of the road of my development over here, and every TL/Benched person in my store has on experience working in Market.

Quite frankly with our new management Market/PFresh is going to hell in a hand basket, and I have poured my heart and soul into it (My DTL and GTL both know this), I figured being handcuffed and thrown into a Lake sounded a lot less fun, than trying to go and learn a new area, and end up kicking ass there too.

Last edited:
No, there has never been a PA in my store promoted to TL(it is a "Trap" position at my store) and we have had PFresh for at least 6 years. I have been the longest sitting person in the "carrot-line" and decided if they won't promote me they can go without me, while I learn something new, and make myself more valuable "however slightly" that would be...

Every single TM thinks of me as "the Defacto Market guy", and most TLs treat me as a peer, just as much as my team lead (if not more). I have a feeling that in the future I could end up back in Market as my current TL quit after I made it clear I wanted to move on as I felt I hit the end of the road of my development over here, and every TL/Benched person in my store has on experience working in Market.

Quite frankly with our new management Market/PFresh is going to hell in a hand basket, and I have poured my heart and soul into it (My DTL and GTL both know this), I figured being handcuffed and thrown into a Lake sounded a lot less fun, than trying to go and learn a new area, and end up kicking ass there too.
It's lots of fun to watch it fall behind you...although my stl got grouchy when I told him "I told you so" haha

anyone hear about the e coli recall ????

what is actually recalled ???

An E. coli outbreak has now spread to nearly 20 states, affecting chain stores such as Target, Walmart and Costco.

click on these links below ...

E. Coli Outbreak Update: 155,000 Items Recalled As Scare Spreads To Walmart, Starbucks, Target

E. coli recall affects major retailers across the U.S.

E. coli recall linked to celery expands to Wal-Mart, Safeway, Target, Starbucks

here is a FDA link : Taylor Farms Pacific, Inc. Recalls Celery Products Because Of Possible Health Risk

walmart has birds eating their meat ...
scott-conway-birds-meat.jpg

'Disgusting!' Video Shows Birds Eating Meat In Chicopee Walmart

I still havent heard back from mysupport about my stores dairy POG issue. They know of the issue (they said that) but havent told me the plan to fix it.

In other news, I am going to be working my first NON p-fresh shift in over a year (at least). As some of you know, I am graduating this month. I have 2 days off the week of December 19th (one for finals and the other for graduation). My stubborn ETL decided not to change the (he is probably upset I went to HR and got my graduation day off) and give me a 5th day. I went to HR and asked if I could work in ship from store or do flexes. She gave me a 8.5 hours flexible shift.

A few days ago I opened in Market did SDA and usual opening stuff only to find myself with so much expired vendor milk on the shelf and the backroom. I nearly flipped my shit because it must of been over 50 gallons worth of milk by the end of pulling it all. All I gotta say is I hate you guy that comes in and drops the new pallet of milk off and doesn't pull the expired product off the shelf.

At my store it's our responsibility to pull the expired milk off the shelf and put it in a designated spot in the dairy cooler from which the driver then takes it back on delivery days. The rep sometimes pulls it off the shelf when he comes in twice a week.
Does the driver fill the shelves on delivery day? Ours do not. We do all of that.

At my store it's our responsibility to pull the expired milk off the shelf and put it in a designated spot in the dairy cooler from which the driver then takes it back on delivery days. The rep sometimes pulls it off the shelf when he comes in twice a week.
Does the driver fill the shelves on delivery day? Ours do not. We do all of that.
we fill milk pull expired milk off 3 days out and we donate it to the food bank. We go through milk so quickly, about 100 gallons per day, we rarely have expired milk, only when 1 PA doesn't rotate milk up from the bottom shelf. we also adjust and call the vendor and update our order.

Why do the guests always take the milk from the second spot in ??

Which means they will start to die.

Ordering will slowly become harder
I doubt either one of us will be working for Target when any impact from this hits. I'm more concerned with the fact that the Ohio FDC cannot figure out how to send bananas to us that are the correct temp. Really tired of grey bananas.

I doubt either one of us will be working for Target when any impact from this hits. I'm more concerned with the fact that the Ohio FDC cannot figure out how to send bananas to us that are the correct temp. Really tired of grey bananas.
Every year....winter hits and we get a couple cases of slightly grey bananas and the rest follow quickly. Every year we get frozen salads because they can't be bothered to repack the truck after the stop before us. Nobody cares how many thousands of dollars we toss. Even refusing trailers hasn't helped the problem one dang bit.

same here ... I got bananas on Thursday and Friday they were soooooo ripe and had to throw half of them away. If i order fewer i get in trouble not to have enough on the shelf.

12272705_1090200824347856_822724522_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back