Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Had a 3-11:30pm shift today for the truck, HR called me to tell they were cutting hours now I go in at 7:30-11:30 whoho!

Whoever unloaded the C&S truck last night fucked up bad, apparently. They left four pallets of dairy/meat by the line for over 4 hours. Needless to say, when our Consumables Sr. TL found them when he came in, he was absolutely fucking livid.
I had my ctl (a srtl) leave a small skid of frozen in steel where bulk water goes...for six hours. It only had starbucks pastries and market bakery stuff on it. I brought home so many cake pops...

The aisle that runs on the outside edge of Bullseyes playground. For me it's x5, x1-4 are the $1, $3, $5 section. X5 is vendor or regular consumable stuff.

This. My GSTL will sometimes put sales planner merchandise there if it doesn't fit on the lanes, but usually it's vendor product or seasonally popular grocery items.

image.jpeg Food ave: "P-fresh switch to three"
-switches-
Food ave: "Heyhas the truck came yet?"
Fosny: "Yeah we have some pizza boxes and stuff ready for you guys"
Food ave: "Copy, but we need stuff from the frozen pallet so we can make pizzas!!!"
Fosny: "Okay there is some stuff on the top of the pallet for you guys grab what you can"
-destroys middle of the pallet-

Save to say when we broke the pallet it still stayed intact

View attachment 2200 Food ave: "P-fresh switch to three"
-switches-
Food ave: "Copy, but we need stuff from the frozen pallet so we can make pizzas!!!"
Fosny: "Okay there is some stuff on the top of the pallet for you guys grab what you can"

Hope that pallet wasn't sitting in the backroom more that 30 minutes.

Edit I can see your store number lol
You are on the west coast

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there was a redwire about the half gallon horizon milks ??
We have 8 different dcpi and 6 of them are "out of stock". Are yours low or empty too ??

View attachment 2200 Food ave: "P-fresh switch to three"
-switches-

You are lucky. One time, the Food Ave TL took what was theirs in the middle of a McClane pallet, destroyed the wrapper, the pallet cumbled down and he left it like that.

Does anyone know if there was a redwire about the half gallon horizon milks ??
We have 8 different dcpi and 6 of them are "out of stock". Are yours low or empty too ??
Mine have low instocks too. I haven't seen anything on redwire.
Did you have a shit ton of cuts on your order today? 68% fill rate. FDC 3880 you are a failure.

Wow.

Promoted to PA and just WOW!

I am responsible for so much.

I am looking for any and all tips and tricks. Its just my TL and I switching between opening and mid-shifts.

Between leftover Truck push. Milk Order. Pfresh Order. That whole Market reset (Terrible execution in my store)

Does it ever get better?

It is a lot to be responsible for. Many stores do a horrible job. But if you're passionate about it and game for hard work, it can be really great. OWN IT!!! I run it like it's my own business within a business. All the details matter. Manage your inventory. Keep it fresh and full. People want to choose between 12 heads of lettuce, not 2.
There's a ton of tips in this thread plus there are quite a few hard working PA's on here and we are happy to answer questions.
Put on your roller skates and go!!!!

Wow.

I am looking for any and all tips and tricks. Its just my TL and I switching between opening and mid-shifts.

Between leftover Truck push. Milk Order. Pfresh Order. That whole Market reset (Terrible execution in my store)

Does it ever get better?

To answer your question

71d455aeaa54394601460908b03c9f0835c84d74913804685b6e66d2c6f56d1f.jpg

Wow.

Does it ever get better?

Being a PA is not for everyone. We've had 3 people get moved to PA and they've all quit because it was too much. It's helpful to have good communication between fellow PA's. Also don't kill yourself over there! If something that was on your agenda didn't get done, don't sweat it! What really helps me is assigning time values to your tasks. Set alarms via your mydevice and try to get things done before the alarm goes off. You'll be amazed how much more you get done when you plan out your duties. My job at Whole Foods which was basically a PA was much more difficult than Target. I had to break down pallets, keep the entire department looking PERFECT at all times (faced and full 100%) while answering a plethora of calls and customers needing help. With the skills I learned at WF it makes Target a breeze. Feel free to PM me if you need any more advice ^_^

Being a PA is not for everyone. We've had 3 people get moved to PA and they've all quit because it was too much. It's helpful to have good communication between fellow PA's. Also don't kill yourself over there! If something that was on your agenda didn't get done, don't sweat it! What really helps me is assigning time values to your tasks. Set alarms via your mydevice and try to get things done before the alarm goes off. You'll be amazed how much more you get done when you plan out your duties. My job at Whole Foods which was basically a PA was much more difficult than Target. I had to break down pallets, keep the entire department looking PERFECT at all times (faced and full 100%) while answering a plethora of calls and customers needing help. With the skills I learned at WF it makes Target a breeze. Feel free to PM me if you need any more advice ^_^

Well said..the only gripe I have about Pfresh is they dont give us the hours we are SUPPOSED to be getting and ALLOCATED by HQ. I never have time for cleaning and it really sucks but other things are more important and have to get done :(

we had the smallest truck in about 1 year today... about 500 piece truck normal Wednesday is about 900 pieces.

today we had 100 Dairy, 300 Produce (cuts too), 100 Freezer.
that's it very small FDC truck, we got the entire truck done in record time 6 AM to 10 AM, along with 4 auto caf metros to push.

we had the smallest truck in about 1 year today... about 500 piece truck normal Wednesday is about 900 pieces.

today we had 100 Dairy, 300 Produce (cuts too), 100 Freezer.
that's it very small FDC truck, we got the entire truck done in record time 6 AM to 10 AM, along with 4 auto caf metros to push.

We went from the biggest fdc truck ever to one of the smallest. 1500 on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. Tuesday was 450 (plus inventory later that night). Tomorrow is 650. Our trucks are typically 800-1100. Sunday was a nightmare, we received no additional help. We can usually finish 1000 pieces no problem, backstock and everything. Glad to see these smaller trucks, just for my sanity.

Our c&s didn't get here Tues, didn't show up till almost 11am (normally here by 9am)today. Some problem at the warehouse...wondering if they were waiting on deliveries if there were too many cuts.

Back