Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Process ownership depends on the volume, but it should be the ETL food or consumables TL if your volume is large enough, otherwise it will be salesfloor ETL and salesfloor TL with added PA's to account for the org chart. The logistics ETL should not own the process, I've heard plenty of horror stories of log ETL's moving over a bunch of flow TMs and not making any changes.
Yes thank you! After a meeting with my STL, I was able to clear up a few of the ownership questions and found out it WOULD be my team with the support of my ETL (Food). Continued ownership by Log would be my worst fear!

I'm guessing you're pFresh? I'm curious how the org chart will look for an A Super.. I'm told that I'll likely be adopting Meat (on top of DDF) and am hoping we'll be able to add a PA or something (Best case scenario would be another TL for MDF).

Also, I know some stores (including us) put mini seasonal on the CTL.. Do you know if this may change?

oh nooooooo i pushed all the eggs, milk, berries, grapes, bananas, and bakery whatever will the opener do tomorrow

CLEAN. THE CTL OPENS AND SHE BETTER FUCKING CLEAN.

Forreal tho it was busy as hell. Challenged the last of the milk out by like 2:30, last of the bananas around 1, and bakery was an all day thing where I pushed the bakery tub from the truck and the leftover flat that nobody backstocks. THEN went and pulled the located bakery AND looked in every waco for anything that might have been unlocated. TOTALLY NOT AVOIDING THE SALES FLOOR.

Last edited:
We were down to our last 6 packages of 3lb bananas when I left. They were also starting to turn with a fruit fly flying around. Our store is to warm for them to prosper. For some reason, we have not been able to order red grapes and had to my support it. It is coming up under the vendor name Divine Flavor instead of C&S.

Last edited:
OH HEY

Bakery table gets bigger shelves coming in week of 9/5 for the 9/11 reset

I noticed that as well. When I close I usually take my lunch in the Plano room for the peace and quiet and the other night I saw schematics for the bakery transition.

HRETL, I know that corporate gave you 2400 hours for the schedule you just put up. My question is, how the heck do you expect the receiver / Reverse Logistics TM to get everything done?

i could not find any info on redwire about this new market team .
is it all stores and what should i search for on redwire to find it ??

So mytime apparently allocated only 28 hours to consumables this upcoming schedule for the week of the 11th...uh.....is this some sort of an error? We were getting about 90 before this week. They have us opening 7-10 lmao
MyTime v2 does some crazy stuff.. Supposedly, they did time studies in random store prototypes and myTime v2 tailors the schedule to the time it takes to do specific tasks. Since my store's rollout, bakery automatically gets like 350 hours and softlines gets closer to 70. This, of course, is modified before they give out the hour allotment to the leaders.

I love a day when I get my 22inch freezer pushes (AX1969) in so I can finally get more work done on the freezer aisles.
Unless they start designing POGs to have an extra half inch for product, it will only add to the dysfunction. Most of my freezers are on pushers from being an old store and all of the boxed food is kind of just crammed in on the shelves.

Unless they start designing POGs to have an extra half inch for product, it will only add to the dysfunction. Most of my freezers are on pushers from being an old store and all of the boxed food is kind of just crammed in on the shelves.
Th

AX1969 has very thin sides. I've done an entire aisle with em and no issues with produce lining up

I have a few more questions for you, @Dekaf.. What time do you start the grocery process? Does everyone come in at the same time or do you stagger start? Roughly how many Ms does your store do a year and how big is your team?

Sorry if this is TMI.. Don't answer if it's too much

How would you guys rate your refrigerators at the time of reading this, green being clean, 1 vehicle of backstock at most, no cafs
Yellow being semi clean but dirty enough to notice, 3-4 vehicles of backstock, 2-3 old cafs
Red dirty as hell with merch on the floor and milk stains and broken pieces of wooden pallets around, so many back stock vehicles you can barely move around, you can't even tell the difference between cafs and back stock or all your cafs are on top of the backstock

Mine would be:
Meat: green
Dairy: yellow
Produce: yellow
Frozen: red

Meat: green
Dairy: green
Produce: green
Frozen: green

And we got 4 FDC trucks last week at about 1200 pieces each.

If your produce is yellow then the PA should be ordering less and pushing more out of the cooler on non truck days

If frozen is red you need to get someone to back stock It's easy take empty wacos outside the freeze and back stock outside.

If frozen is red you need to get someone to back stock It's easy take empty wacos outside the freeze and back stock outside.

Really great idea!! I'll communicate that to my CTL and maybe our dedicated food backstocker will get in the freezer more often

Back