Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Produce is supposed to cut fresh fruit for the wall but the TL has decided that they don't have enough time for that. The thing is, the fruit sells well when it's out there, but the spaces always have juice and kombucha flexed over them. It's a shame, really.

Fuck Kombucha and Target's obsession with appealing to the Whole Foods crowd.

My ETL asked me to do it today after we finished pushing C&S. It was a lot of work and I was unable to get the pog pulled. However, at least the aisle is set.

yeah ... wish we got that email, or if we did who ever read it left it for other to see as i sure as hell didnt know salads were cut and hard to get ... our sale ones didnt come in ...BUT our non-sale salads came in plentifully.

im really loving how i cant predict how product is going to move. no i take that back. im really loving how i cant predict if p-fresh will get pushed if im not there. makes ordering harder.

meanwhile ... i love how when im in other stores an get DCPI's for product then return to work to order how somethings just arent orderable. ruines all my plans to revive p-fresh from the brink of death that it is.

I think cuts can be looked up on workbench. FDC Fill report (maybe RPQ) or something similar will list what's been ordered to what's being delivered and what was ordered that's not being fulfilled. idk its been since I was a PA that I used it and it worked and I can't seem to find it anymore or maybe I did find it and it just won't work for me. Another helpful thing is the Produce Market Report. Its a write up by our buyers listing what produce we should expect to see unfulfilled and any changes to where it's being grown and the quality of the produce. Interesting weekly read.

Anyways I think store order is pretty simple when things all seem to be working. How much do we have now, how much has sold since we last received it, when is what we have expiring, and how much is coming in on our next delivery. After that, you can almost follow a pattern each order day.

you can ask your etl for your ranking in the district. they may not know off hand but im sure they have an idea.

the ETL SF is getting on our, and by our i mean market, nerves. they get so overwhelmed with the work load THAT WE HAVE TO DO, that she freaks out and makes time frames for us. we must stay within these time frames. so something that may take an hour ... she says 15min. and if we dont finish in that 15min, stop doing that put it away and do the next item on the list. then it snowballs. as of me leaving on thursday ... the cooler is so clogged with metroracks rubs and milk pallet, that you can not work in there. the freezer is the same except no milk pallet but vendor took a uboat and put it in there which is a no no. i was mad about this until i heard that both the DHTL AND! stertek were to visit on friday. yippee! i hope they burn so red for both visits!
the 3 metroracks we DID get cleared? POG is overnight, and our TL, ETL LOG and POG TL who used to be CTL took those metro racks and put cosmetics on them for the cosmetics change over. which is a critical with stertek AS only food should be on those racks!

mean while .... lol never dont order salads, but now they are piling up, so im going to be asked why ALL the salads have coupon stickers on them. AGAIN.

so this no brown on banana rule is going well ... threw out 3 cases worth easily of bananas. this screws with my orders ALOT. ALSO! lol why even order green or yellow when they send whatever they please anyways?!

AND! i come into the ambiant room saturday morning and find a big FU from the STL. yeah she had an all TL smart huddle in pfresh, culled everything, and left the qmos tub plus a shopping cart of YET TO BE PROCESSED qmos for me to do! wtf?! so i look at some of the dates on these things, good news only close dated, but god damn was there a lot! and my question of the day was, "what exactly is wrong with this fruit?" only to learn later, they were using their phones with a pic of the fruit and if the pic and what was on our shelf didnt look similar, it was to be tossed.

i enjoyed the stuff from dry market that was dated for march ... of 2017 ... or dated 2018 ... the month is why they tossed it. oops.
calling some of the places ive applied to, to see if i can expedite my being hired there. NEED OUT.

so this no brown on banana rule is going well ... threw out 3 cases worth easily of bananas. this screws with my orders ALOT. ALSO! lol why even order green or yellow when they send whatever they please anyways?!

AND! i come into the ambiant room saturday morning and find a big FU from the STL. yeah she had an all TL smart huddle in pfresh, culled everything, and left the qmos tub plus a shopping cart of YET TO BE PROCESSED qmos for me to do! wtf?! so i look at some of the dates on these things, good news only close dated, but god damn was there a lot! and my question of the day was, "what exactly is wrong with this fruit?" only to learn later, they were using their phones with a pic of the fruit and if the pic and what was on our shelf didnt look similar, it was to be tossed.

i enjoyed the stuff from dry market that was dated for march ... of 2017 ... or dated 2018 ... the month is why they tossed it. oops.
calling some of the places ive applied to, to see if i can expedite my being hired there. NEED OUT.

No qmos. Just toss

It's been one day.

One day I have had in signing and I've already enjoyed cleaning up the backlog of what the signing guy before me left more than I've enjoyed cleaning up the backlog of what previous TMs leave for me in market.

It's been one day.

One day I have had in signing and I've already enjoyed cleaning up the backlog of what the signing guy before me left more than I've enjoyed cleaning up the backlog of what previous TMs leave for me in market.
My market team respected me more than the idiots on pog. It's very similar in workload though.

My market team respected me more than the idiots on pog. It's very similar in workload though.

It is, but I find that being a PA, it was way easier to make your own routine and stick to it.... While in Signing, as routine as it SHOULD be, anything and everything is against you in keeping anything close to a routine, even MySupport, there is absolutely no way to win.

Anyone seen the grease traps at their store (if you have one)? Do those things EVER get cleaned?!

Anyone seen the grease traps at their store (if you have one)? Do those things EVER get cleaned?!
I haven't seen them but I know Starbucks has them and an outside contractor comes in somewhat regularly to clean them. You'll smell it for a day or so.

I haven't seen them but I know Starbucks has them and an outside contractor comes in somewhat regularly to clean them. You'll smell it for a day or so.
We have a big dumpster thing for oil on the side of the building outside that probably hasn't been cleaned properly in at least a year... It's awful.

How have you been able to keep your coolers fresh and clean of expired products without SDA in the backrooms anymore? We've culled our produce cooler twice in the past two months and three times in two months but I'm scared to even try dairy and terrified to clear our freezer cooler. . .

The key to a clean produce cooler is to only have what you need. Anything that you order is under your control. Spread your orders out so as to not keep too much product in the back. Have backstock pushed before deliveries.

Dairy is something that someone needs to stay on top of. Whoever's backstocking should also FIFO WACOs so that old product gets pulled first. Scan the floor and fill often. Keep an eye on dates in the back. A good way to quickly audit things that might be close to best by dates is to just look at the BCODE tags. Its January and I have a box on the top of a rack from November? Maybe I should take a look at that. Past that, challenge backroom to pay attention to the dates of what they're pulling. They're the first line of defense against it making it out to the floor.

Back