Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I would imagine the checklane candy won't change, unless Target is going to invest in some of those totes to stop everything from getting crushed.

Not too much different than it is now, I suppose.

Nope. But now they have chopped the hours of the people to who push the candy now and keep it spread out. We have had this issue with overnight for years where they "don't have time to check every checklane for need of product" so we had people including myself who fix the problem. Now.. We don't give a shit. And our new DTL has a bone to pick about end cap/check lane fill.. So overnight will skate on it and we will get an earful about how it needs to be on point. :mad:

Nope. But now they have chopped the hours of the people to who push the candy now and keep it spread out. We have had this issue with overnight for years where they "don't have time to check every checklane for need of product" so we had people including myself who fix the problem. Now.. We don't give a shit. And our new DTL has a bone to pick about end cap/check lane fill.. So overnight will skate on it and we will get an earful about how it needs to be on point. :mad:
At my store the front lanes are responsible for pushing checklane candy.

did my first ever inventory last night. found pumpkin pies in a box ..... theyre getting QMOS and put in the break room.

also at my store, we had an extra huddle last friday. why? because the use of certain words is derogatory. 1 such word is twink. right? i find out from my TL that our training ETL over re-acted when he misheard someone saying they thought twinkies were gross 9_9 but then i heard the 1 dude in softlines went to HR after that huddle and complained about this, as thats what he self identfies as. hes been wearing the rainbow target shirt since.

lastly, i got the switch! omg! zelda is amazing! but damn if they dont have plently of ways for you to die instantly.......

did my first ever inventory last night. found pumpkin pies in a box ..... theyre getting QMOS and put in the break room.

also at my store, we had an extra huddle last friday. why? because the use of certain words is derogatory. 1 such word is twink. right? i find out from my TL that our training ETL over re-acted when he misheard someone saying they thought twinkies were gross 9_9 but then i heard the 1 dude in softlines went to HR after that huddle and complained about this, as thats what he self identfies as. hes been wearing the rainbow target shirt since.

lastly, i got the switch! omg! zelda is amazing! but damn if they dont have plently of ways for you to die instantly.......
How did you like doing inventory? We were extremely rushed, so we just estimated numbers on a good number of things, and had to fight (just a little) for MyDevices that scanned. Our STL was in, so that helped on that front. We were also fed, which is always amazing. Freshly made food from outside of the store, even!

my fellow PA's I have a question::: "Is there a way to check the pfresh order?? "

I could check it on ordered items when we got a truck every other day.
Now that we get a truck every day the my device under order,, lists the items coming in the next day and not what i just ordered for 2 days out.
Does this make sense.
Is there somewhere else to check maybe on WB or a way to clear out the order for the next day ?

my fellow PA's I have a question::: "Is there a way to check the pfresh order?? "

Now that we get a truck every day the my device under order,, lists the items coming in the next day and not what i just ordered for 2 days out.
Does this make sense.
Is there somewhere else to check maybe on WB or a way to clear out the order for the next day ?

I don't think there is.....?

Normally when I'm placing the order for two days out I'm seeing if the item is:

1. Already ordered and on it's way tomorrow
2. Seeing the little number in a red circle next to order showing that it's been ordered in the last few minutes (because god forbid the my device unexpectedly quits or glitches)
3. When you hit order and it tells you "xxx number of cases were ordered earlier today"

I've tried looking under Replenishment workload tool but now that we get Freezer/Dairy on the same truck every other day it's pretty much useless. :(

Does this make sense.
Store order detail report?

Does this make sense.

Can't you just look at your order guide? And if you didn't write down your order there (not sure why you wouldnt) just print off a new guide and it'll print the numbers for what you ordered

Just got the memo we'll have a specific "organic produce section"

Did they not realize there is this nice still fairly new WHOLE FOODS literally like 5 minutes away.....

*facepalm*

Does this make sense.

I have FDC everyday as well and I the only way I know of "checking" previous orders is when doing the order. What I mean is let's say you order Monday and then you are doing the order Tuesday, on Tuesday when you scan strawberries for example the order screen pops out and at the bottom the screen should have "store ordered: 8" which is from Monday's order. So I just check all orderable products and if I believe we need more than what's coming in from Monday's order I just order more if that helps.

Does this make sense.

Yes! We have a report in WB under food process called "Order Application Guide. It shows everything on planogram that is orderable by dept: produce, meat, etc....

Select guide from the drop down menu and it will print out a guide with scannable barcodes showing everything ordered for the current and previous week. Also how many were ordered, what's coming up on ad, etc. I print one every day. Ours is about 12 pages for produce and 2-3 for meat. Hope this helps!

Just got the memo we'll have a specific "organic produce section"

Did they not realize there is this nice still fairly new WHOLE FOODS literally like 5 minutes away.....

*facepalm*
We just got this too, we are a mile away from an all organic specialty chain. Soooooo yeah my food bank is gonna be excited about all the new organic product they will soon be receiving

How did you like doing inventory? We were extremely rushed, so we just estimated numbers on a good number of things, and had to fight (just a little) for MyDevices that scanned. Our STL was in, so that helped on that front. We were also fed, which is always amazing. Freshly made food from outside of the store, even!

it was easy, we got done early. ive done backroom audits so aside from the set up its not much different.

Does this make sense.

i was shown, but .... ive found when i doubt my order is when i over order.

trained at another store, my god what a world of difference! ive forgotten what target really is and about! so when we came back ... we explained. get this.... the STL heard us, my and my FTL. the ETLs? ha! they are against it. against what? that the store is a team, the leadership needs to be a source of guidance NOT law enforcement and they, the leadership, need to have 1 voice, not 4. teams need to support each other, not just 1 for all and all for 1. the STL wants to make it brand again. the ETLs well .... its going to be interesting over the next few weeks. that having been said, going from a high volume pfresh(where i trained) to a low volume pfresh (my store) ugh omg ... can i go back to the high volume one? it was beautiful!so much merch! ugh! if only i could transfer!

anyone see the red wire on the organic merch roll out? we get hit mid april.

nd the thing about throwing out our old coupons by the 27th and new ones coming in to be used for meat, produce AND Bakery?! thank god! maybe we'll throw away less bakery now!

nd the thing about throwing out our old coupons by the 27th and new ones coming in to be used for meat, produce AND Bakery?! thank god! maybe we'll throw away less bakery now!
We've had bakery coupons for a while, but they never get used. No one has time to find the product that needs them and stick 'em on.
Someone evidently is selling stolen rolls of the coupons we have now online...

So the apple fritters just put coupon on since they have a shelf life of 4 days

Back