Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I think it's not required company-wide anymore. Should have been a redwire to your store about a month ago.

it was, but it doesnt make it any less stupid.

had a TRIPLE visit today!
DTL, group leader, AND head of AP!

apparently, just saying hello and asking the guest isnt enough anymore. no, we must also now be salesmen driving the guests to make purchases all while zoning, pushing, culling, pulling CAFs, and getting reshop done!

while typing this comment something occurring to me, and ill post this instead. i think the higher ups at target were all fans of those musical GAP commercials from the late 90s. and as such, envision us in the stores working that way. thats gotta be it. because there is no other explination for these ideas they have.

hey how do i ....
bring up the vendor score card?
get global out of stocks?

ALSO! food TLs!
remember! food ave and Sbux Tms ARE TMs! so if you need extra hands in grocery see who wants hours for cross training. My TL realized this and makes use of their Sbux team. some only get about 20~ hours but working dry market gets them closer to 30 or so.
but my TL makes hours when there is none and bends the rules. as such my TL is loved by all!

i love how on the new coupons is specific.
meat
beef
poultry
pork
and you have a precise guideline to follow. too bad we didnt get the right coupons to follow it! and were NOT allowed to TPC unless corp says we can. lovely.

Flowers, Eggs and Hams ... oh my .... Easter is upon us.

I wish all my fellow PAs best of luck in the next week !!

As usual 2 full pallets of the 1 dozen Eggs.
About 60 boxes of HAMS ... damn I wish the Smithfield Hams came in weighed !!!!

Those damn Orchids 24.99 to 16.99, Easter Lillys 7.99 and Tuplis 6.99, will be the death of me 2 pallets well over 100 flowers, WTF !!
I have them all over the front end on top of the drink coolers at the check lanes approved by my STL . I couldn't find any shipper that was suppose to be sent ??

Those damn Orchids 24.99 to 16.99, Easter Lillys 7.99 and Tuplis 6.99, will be the death of me 2 pallets well over 100 flowers, WTF !!
I have them all over the front end on top of the drink coolers at the check lanes approved by my STL . I couldn't find any shipper that was suppose to be sent ??

You can merchandise the orchids/lilys ontop of the orchid boxes.

Been selling Orchids like hot cakes. Anyone get cherries yet? Got a planogram recently and still not orderable.

Been selling Orchids like hot cakes. Anyone get cherries yet? Got a planogram recently and still not orderable.
Our flowers are sitting on the ground near one of the exits. It looks so terrible!

I over heard my ETL tell out produce assistant guy that hes no longer produce assistant because they do not offer that position anymore is this true? He was kinda upset that his pay got decreased too

I over heard my ETL tell out produce assistant guy that hes no longer produce assistant because they do not offer that position anymore is this true? He was kinda upset that his pay got decreased too
It still exists but it's called Food Assistant as of this year.

is there a difference food assistant/produce assistant?
i also don't think its right to decrease a employees pay, what is your opinion on this?
I mean I guess any job can change your pay at any time but i still dont think thats fair. if your told you get paid this amount they should stick with that pay.

Im actually friends with this guy and he said they told him theres no more PA/food assistant position anymore and now hes market team member.Did the managers lie to him?I hear they are changing up alot of positions...no more brand TMS either.

Perishable Assistant/Food Assistant are used interchangeably at my store.
Perishable Assistant no longer exists officially. I still call them that, but they're officially Food Assistants on paper.

@redcounts : The position still exists. Your store headcount should show that. Store Reports -> Financials -> FY2017 Store Headcounts... or something similar on Workbench.
I do think that the new food team member role makes a quarter more than PA, iirc.

I don't think paygrade changed at all. It sounds like your leadership doesn't know what's going on or just straight up demoted him.

at our store we gice them to checklanes and call it a day. they put them on the coolers but also on the 1 side of the jewelry boat.

No cherries they have been on Plano for 30 days now. I try to order them when I remember but still not orderable.

yeah i saw that and laughed. cherries arent in season until like june? when the kids are getting out of school that when they start coming in.

Then who's gonna clean the break room or open lockers when we forget the codes.

PMT can do that with a crowbar. then wait 12 for the lock to unlock itself!
as far as the break room goes, just put this sign in there:
"YOUR MOTHER DOESNT WORK HERE,
IF YOU MAKE A MESS ....
CLEAN IT UP!"

at our store we gice them to checklanes and call it a day. they put them on the coolers but also on the 1 side of the jewelry boat.

yeah i saw that and laughed. cherries arent in season until like june? when the kids are getting out of school that when they start coming in.

PMT can do that with a crowbar. then wait 12 for the lock to unlock itself!
as far as the break room goes, just put this sign in there:
"YOUR MOTHER DOESNT WORK HERE,
IF YOU MAKE A MESS ....
CLEAN IT UP!"

Seriously a crowbar? We just use a large screw driver and if you push the throw in the back of the lock once you get it open you can use it again. No waiting. This works with the version of the lockers we have, so I would try a dry run and see if it pops back open on your version. Before locking your stuff in it.

I just wish assholes would learn what locker they put their crap into. I am sick of these morons trying every single locker until they find or don't find the one they left their shit in..

and some of the people we have will not clean up after themselves - they refuse cause their momma didn't raise their little bratty asses right.. I get sick of helping the HR ladies clean up after these pigs. They drip coffee or soda on the tables, leave their plates of half eaten or finished food on the tables. Refuse to split their recycling for the bins. So its all trash. And never do they ever take their fucking dead k-cups out of the machine.

Back