Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Fuck you, FDC
We don't carry that but it looks cooked. If it's uncooked, mysupport it and let them know that that's how it came in. They should get in contact with your FDC to make sure it doesn't happen again. We were getting extremely short dated and sometimes already expired meat on our trucks a long time ago. Mysupported it and it stopped happening.

Does anyone have a market communication board? I have ideas for what to include on the one I'm creating, but wondering if I'm forgetting something that could be useful.

-Market routines
-Produce report (for out of stocks, quality issues, etc)
-Key items lists
-QMOS + SDA %
-Calendar w/ assigned salesplanners
-Soda pallet update
-Grocery dashboard w/ sales

We have a white board in the ambient room, the CTL (uhhh, FTL?) occasionally posts some of that stuff next to it.

I am amused by your mention of the QMOS + SDA % - no one in my store has ever in the 2+ years I've been in Market even mentioned the *existence* of such metrics, much less brought them up as something that has anything remotely approaching importance whatsoever. The only reason I even know they exist is because of The Break Room.

We don't carry that but it looks cooked. If it's uncooked, mysupport it and let them know that that's how it came in. They should get in contact with your FDC to make sure it doesn't happen again. We were getting extremely short dated and sometimes already expired meat on our trucks a long time ago. Mysupported it and it stopped happening.

Cooked or not, it's not supposed to be above produce, especially organic.

If you are a C&S store, you can have your receiver also do this, and get credit back. They did this to me all the time.

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Fuck you, FDC
Niiice. Looks like a box of that turkey for the Deli popped open and someone decided to toss it on a random pallet! (Yes, it's fully cooked, for anyone who's still curious.)

We have a white board in the ambient room, the CTL (uhhh, FTL?) occasionally posts some of that stuff next to it.

I am amused by your mention of the QMOS + SDA % - no one in my store has ever in the 2+ years I've been in Market even mentioned the *existence* of such metrics, much less brought them up as something that has anything remotely approaching importance whatsoever. The only reason I even know they exist is because of The Break Room.
For me, looking at the QMOS report week to week helps me poke more into what's going on in an area when I don't get to be deep into the department as much anymore. SDA report has helped (although only for short periods of time) to get my TMs a mydevice so they can actually do the SDA on time. Market tends to get pulled from my store so backing it up with #s as a food safety issue that requires equipment I can sometimes get what I want. ;)

so our ETL is to be shadowing us this week to see why we cant get done.
last week they fired the reason. XD spent $30 on sushi celebrating that shit
then in "shadowing" us ETL pulled TL off the floor several times to have in office talks. but first thing ETL had a panic attack, because i was in pfresh, TL was pulling autos and TM on the line.
ETL: "do you know where you TMs are?
TL: on the line and opening pfresh.
ETL: and what are they doing?
when my poor TL couldnt answer EXACTLY what each of us were doing 9_9 this led to us having to call out on the walkie when we completed each task. effectively NOT micromanaging like what they were told to not do but also at the same time keeping us on a short ass leash.

in other news .... as part of the evolving roll out, were doing away with tables and getting tubs/bins to fill in their place. and we willno longer have mart, or maybe pfresh, planograms. itll be up to us where and how we merch our stuff. so. pretty much what ive been doing since i took over ... except now it wont be as bad hahahaha

so our ETL is to be shadowing us this week to see why we cant get done.
last week they fired the reason. XD spent $30 on sushi celebrating that shit
then in "shadowing" us ETL pulled TL off the floor several times to have in office talks. but first thing ETL had a panic attack, because i was in pfresh, TL was pulling autos and TM on the line.
ETL: "do you know where you TMs are?
TL: on the line and opening pfresh.
ETL: and what are they doing?
when my poor TL couldnt answer EXACTLY what each of us were doing 9_9 this led to us having to call out on the walkie when we completed each task. effectively NOT micromanaging like what they were told to not do but also at the same time keeping us on a short ass leash.

in other news .... as part of the evolving roll out, were doing away with tables and getting tubs/bins to fill in their place. and we willno longer have mart, or maybe pfresh, planograms. itll be up to us where and how we merch our stuff. so. pretty much what ive been doing since i took over ... except now it wont be as bad hahahaha

When I was a PA, I always went to the PPTL (who is now my TL, lol) and was like, "Look, just give me and planograms and forget about it). I always ended up re-doing their planograms based on what I knew sold, what could sell better, or would look better, so I knew I would end up doing it myself anyways.

right well at my store we cant do that because ETL LOG will have a shit fit that POG is doing markets job. he supports the not my jobbers.

right well at my store we cant do that because ETL LOG will have a shit fit that POG is doing markets job. he supports the not my jobbers.

Um, right now doing Market's Job is actually getting us hours (our STL gives us them instead of Market). If it isnt us it leaves my entire team (including myself) with at most 30 hours a week.

This and we go into A&A 2.0 remodel/Home Innovation/Starbucks 10 year, within a month, I doubt they want to piss us off that much.

When I was a PA, I always went to the PPTL (who is now my TL, lol) and was like, "Look, just give me and planograms and forget about it). I always ended up re-doing their planograms based on what I knew sold, what could sell better, or would look better, so I knew I would end up doing it myself anyways.
Yeah, I never made/ let pog do anything in pfresh. Bakery/ produce/ meat should be done by pfresh anyway.

Um, right now doing Market's Job is actually getting us hours (our STL gives us them instead of Market). If it isnt us it leaves my entire team (including myself) with at most 30 hours a week.

This and we go into A&A 2.0 remodel/Home Innovation/Starbucks 10 year, within a month, I doubt they want to piss us off that much.

he's also opposed to TMs from other work centers getting hours to work in market. and POG is still doing our stuff. until he finds out lol

It's my last few Market closes before the transition to the new way of doing things at my store. I've been the closer for a while now, it's going to be weird moving over. I talked to my TL and they said that I would be working mid shifts, 12pm to 8:30pm, basically functioning as a floater, filling the gaps of whatever isn't getting done. Which is honestly what I did as a closer already, except I won't have to zone all of Market in addition to finishing all the important tasks that didn't get done. So I don't mind that. Plus, I can go grocery shopping after my shift, rather than always trying to run around during my lunch! Downside: I'll have to actually start getting up before noon.

Dangit... conventional cuke, organic cuke, squash, zucchini.... can they share a basket? How are you staging these in pfresh in less than a foot of space? @qmosqueen help!

Dangit... conventional cuke, organic cuke, squash, zucchini.... can they share a basket? How are you staging these in pfresh in less than a foot of space? @qmosqueen help!
I'll have to wait and see my Plano girl is setting that wall tonight. But I guess flex in a basket where the cherries are suppose to be
I still want limes and lemons on the wall too

I'll have to wait and see my Plano girl is setting that wall tonight. But I guess flex in a basket where the cherries are suppose to be
I still want limes and lemons on the wall too
Cherries is two whole sections over. My cukes are right next to the 4ft juice/ smoothie on the bottom. The organic were the shelf above last round with plenty of space. My PA just made a row of each in the basket...cukes are wrapped so it should meet standards?

Cherries is two whole sections over. My cukes are right next to the 4ft juice/ smoothie on the bottom. The organic were the shelf above last round with plenty of space. My PA just made a row of each in the basket...cukes are wrapped so it should meet standards?
That sounds good

I have the unwrapped cukes this time of the year. Organic are wrapped

We finally got cherries today
Strawberries have been cut all weekend

yeah i gave ordering cherries a try. lets see what happens.

heeey ....
the 3 tier baskets that we have. some people use it by checklanes for fruit or whatever ... whats the order number for that?

Another aspect of closing Market I won't miss: because I almost never call out I would almost always end up having to pick up the slack when there were closing call outs in other work centers. I take the bus and the stop is right by my house, so even when the weather is very bad (as it was this past winter) I could still get to work.

In my bad performance review I was told I spend too much time backing up and helping other workcenters. Hmmm, I wonder why? I guess I shoulda called out all those nights when everyone else did, too. Then the closing LOD could have had fun taking all the calls and running to all the call buttons by themselves. It kinda makes me feel like a rube.

It's fine, though - we have like 6 call buttons in HBA in the opposite corner of the store from pfresh, and I used to hustle to get them all the time. But since I apparently help other workcenters too much, I figure the guests can just wait a few minutes to get their nicorette - I have other shit to do, apparently.

I still help if I know I'm covering a break or lunch, but otherwise I am practicing being less global.

Another aspect of closing Market I won't miss: because I almost never call out I would almost always end up having to pick up the slack when there were closing call outs in other work centers. I take the bus and the stop is right by my house, so even when the weather is very bad (as it was this past winter) I could still get to work.

In my bad performance review I was told I spend too much time backing up and helping other workcenters. Hmmm, I wonder why? I guess I shoulda called out all those nights when everyone else did, too. Then the closing LOD could have had fun taking all the calls and running to all the call buttons by themselves. It kinda makes me feel like a rube.

It's fine, though - we have like 6 call buttons in HBA in the opposite corner of the store from pfresh, and I used to hustle to get them all the time. But since I apparently help other workcenters too much, I figure the guests can just wait a few minutes to get their nicorette - I have other shit to do, apparently.

I still help if I know I'm covering a break or lunch, but otherwise I am practicing being less global.
How does one spend too much time backing up? Its hypothetically not possible.

I miss not having organic produce. Now I have to fill out that damn organic receiving checklist every time we get some in.

Back