Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

is anyone else carrying this ice cream ??

We just started carrying "Halo Top" this week and it's selling fast at 1 pint for $4.99 its a little pricey for my tastes.

636299668020022227-IMG-1835.jpg

Everything You Need to Know About Halo Top, America's New Favorite Healthy Ice Cream

Halo Top (@HaloTopCreamery) | Twitter

We just started carrying "Halo Top" this week and it's selling fast at 1 pint for $4.99 its a little pricey for my tastes.

My store carries it, don't really see it move much and it's spot on the planogram makes that ice cream at the very top shelf so I can't double stack it :mad:

So we had a MAJOR visit today from our food director on our grocery operation model 2.0 or whatever and we rocked the visit only but positive things and very little opportunities!!

Anyway, for our reward, we are getting something called a "two-day Starbucks" or a Starbucks kiosk in our store. ETL said we have the piping to have such a thing which means our store is getting a small Starbucks, I guess? I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this?

636299668020022227-IMG-1835.jpg

Everything You Need to Know About Halo Top, America's New Favorite Healthy Ice Cream

Halo Top (@HaloTopCreamery) | Twitter

Yeah, I tried the chocolate flavor when it went on sale for 4. It didn't really melt in any kind of creamy way... that's the way I like ice cream the best, melty. But after leaving it out for like an hour it still wasn't actually melty.

My last C&S truck I received a few days ago...one of the pallets had Meat on top....then the banana pallet which had candy on the top of it..and then one layer of juice on the bottom..wtf kind of pallet is that

Must be a new C&S service: Poultry and cukes on top (no shield) followed by candy with a padding of juice and bananas. Had that a few days back. We all just scratched our heads 0_O

C&S couldnt build a pallet to save their lives. more often than not you'll find their deliveries are late or "btw one of your pallets fell apart when i took a sharp turn or stopped too fast."

steritek came. walked all through out market. we only got hit for COL tags not being up but they got "lost" during the last reset. and we WOULD have been green except at the VERY last minute while walking starbucks ... a cockroach walked by and said, "hey, can i get a vente late ...."

the stone fruit .... im not making this up!
we had inventory monday, so the TMs were left to do pfresh. which .... wtf? the peaches were pushed into the nectarines, and the plums were taken to the back room. my tl and i were kind of confused. i suggested that perhaps they thought it was a bad nectarine or peach. my TL didnt believe me so we asked a hardlines TM, and a few others to try and ID the fruit. none of them could ....
the next day .... "it was black, and i was pretty sure when fruit turned black it was bad...." yup ...

meanwhile .... BTS results came in for our store, and we are more red than crimson blood that flows ...

has anyone else's store changed their opening market team member or is it just mine?

it should either by the PA or TL always there to open to ensure the cull and things go well.
key words "it should" how did HR mess up your schedule?

Haha I wish I could see the BTS report. I wonder what percentage of stores get good scores, or if it's effectively graded on a curve.

it should either by the PA or TL always there to open to ensure the cull and things go well.
key words "it should" how did HR mess up your schedule?
if this is about my post, basically our STL decided that we no longer need an opener at 6 am (which was our original market opener time). instead the C&S team is suppose to cull, coupon, gmos, etc so that when the opener (technically mid) comes in at 10 am all they're responsible for is pushing outs, researching, backstocking the pulls, pulling the ones and any other normal "opening" tasks. the closing team member comes in at 4-4:30 and basically is responsible for the rest of the stuff as well until 10:30 pm.

if this is about my post, basically our STL decided that we no longer need an opener at 6 am (which was our original market opener time). instead the C&S team is suppose to cull, coupon, gmos, etc so that when the opener (technically mid) comes in at 10 am all they're responsible for is pushing outs, researching, backstocking the pulls, pulling the ones and any other normal "opening" tasks. the closing team member comes in at 4-4:30 and basically is responsible for the rest of the stuff as well until 10:30 pm.
We have a 4am tm help throw truck, 5am for autopulls, 6am opener. Usually 8am or 9am mid or two of its a c&s day. Closer at 4pm. Maybe a 2pmperson if its a weekend.

we have 2 peole at 6am, then a 730 or 8am usually followed by someone in between 11 ro 2 than a 3 or 4pm person who leaves at 830 or 9

We have 2 people at 4am-12pm to pull autos and push and backstock them(including Pfresh), do black lines and then usually backstock the coolers until their scheduled time off. Then we have two people who come in at 6am-10am to push their designated aisles, zone, research, pull, push, and backstock until they're off. We also have a Pfresh opener at 6am-2pm who does the culling and couponing and such(who on C&S days pushes truck). Then at 7 on C&S days we have 4 people from either 7am-11am or 7am-3pm, depending on forecast. At 9 we get two more dry market pushers that work 9am-1pm essentially doing the same as the 6am Team. Then the closers. It has been working well for us, with the exception of a crazy amount of call offs. This past Monday we had around 20 hours of call offs, which was the entirety of our dry market team. This E2E process is only going to work if we cut off the dead weight and get a more dependable team.

We've been having issues with the milk delivery now that we have daily FDC deliveries. It used to be FDC came on opposite days from milk delivery, and everyone was happy. Now the milk vendor throws a fit because there are always FDC pallets in the dairy cooler that need to be pulled out, and nobody on the grocery team can be bothered to help.

We have a 4am tm help throw truck, 5am for autopulls, 6am opener. Usually 8am or 9am mid or two of its a c&s day. Closer at 4pm. Maybe a 2pmperson if its a weekend.

we have 2 peole at 6am, then a 730 or 8am usually followed by someone in between 11 ro 2 than a 3 or 4pm person who leaves at 830 or 9

We have 2 people at 4am-12pm to pull autos and push and backstock them(including Pfresh), do black lines and then usually backstock the coolers until their scheduled time off. Then we have two people who come in at 6am-10am to push their designated aisles, zone, research, pull, push, and backstock until they're off. We also have a Pfresh opener at 6am-2pm who does the culling and couponing and such(who on C&S days pushes truck). Then at 7 on C&S days we have 4 people from either 7am-11am or 7am-3pm, depending on forecast. At 9 we get two more dry market pushers that work 9am-1pm essentially doing the same as the 6am Team. Then the closers. It has been working well for us, with the exception of a crazy amount of call offs. This past Monday we had around 20 hours of call offs, which was the entirety of our dry market team. This E2E process is only going to work if we cut off the dead weight and get a more dependable team.

we have one person coming in at 4 am to do auto pulls and such. on c&s days we have around 7 or 8 people coming in at 5 am to 12 or 1:30 pm. half of them do c&s and the rest do the dry. normally the opener comes in at 6am, does all the culling couponing etc, by the time the c&s group is done, we help with anything else that needs to be done. at 2 pm the closer comes in and by that time we've already pulled (sometimes pushed) the 1s. the closer is there until 10:30.

im so proud of my TL. BTS came back and they were the only TL that was green!

i was happy when i got bakery coupons, because i felt that would make the stuff move. NOPE! i do enjoy the couponing though, it gives me false hope....
thursday doomsday comes. we LOCU and delete all of dairy and its all fast mover now .... SERENITY NOW!

i was happy when i got bakery coupons, because i felt that would make the stuff move. NOPE! i do enjoy the couponing though, it gives me false hope....
thursday doomsday comes. we LOCU and delete all of dairy and its all fast mover now .... SERENITY NOW!

I'm envious. We have way too much to even think about LOCUing the clusterfuck that is dairy. The trucks are so inconsistent. Two trucks in a row, we get maybe a full dairy pallet. The next truck, here's two and a half. It's not even replenishment. It's backstock and pull two days later. Such a wasted opportunity.

Anyone else getting a shit ton of deli? I don't locate deli items, but we are getting an amount of stuff I've never seen before(except before resets.) deli stuff doesn't sell well, so an excess just becomes QMOS and I hate it.

Last edited:

Did you guys order more caster wheels? I have 12 racks in dairy and I'd love to put wheels on at least half.

yeah .... caster wheels ...and "putting the back room on wheels." as my ETL put it....
so let me get this straight:
- you want each and EVERY rack challenged out daily.
- you want to NOT hire anyone new
- you want to keep us only HALF staffed
- You expect us to do all that + research, CAF pull/push, 6 trucks a week, POGs, AND challenge ALL of Dairy, Produce, and Freezer with 4 people scheduled ALL day

my poor TL is going to have both the ETL and the STL up their back asking why everything isnt done. but! wont give us enough hands to do the job? in which! the ETL LOG will decide they need to swoop in and fix things, however they will be the LEAST informed as to what the original plan handed down from corp WAS before ETL SF mucked it up.
in short ... its not going to end well until august when our new ETL and/or STL arrive to save us from this tyranny! i have to believe they will be better as i cant imagine it getting any worse....

ETL SF has now dictated that i must type up for my TL ALL that ive done before they came into the building, so my TL can review it and know and speak on everything ive done. and yes my restroom usage was included to be a smart ass, but oddly it wasnt minded, but! ETL SF saw the pull time for the autofills was 1h 2min. so at 7:10a was curious why they WERENT completed yet because they were so small. and by completed i mean pulled, pushed, AND backstocked. the argument was most of the batches were 1 minute long. and when explaining that push time is based on 1 box a minute ... ETL SF called us liars and FLOW TL stepped in and said thats true, ETL SF attacked FLOW TL and the 2 vanished. ETL SF wasnt seen but instead heard from only over the walkie every 10 minutes to call my TL for stupid ass shit or to come to TSC for something that could have been easily spoken on over the walkie. and since were "behind" on the autofills, we were told to leave them for later because we needed to zone FIRST because POG is going to be reseting G23-26 and we need to have it zoned for them. they stripped the shelves so that was a waste of time.
the above paragraph was ALL tuesday MORNING. MORNING.
the afternoon ... the starbucks delivery was put in 99b 116 A01 and my TL said thats where it was. the receiver moved it to 99b 116 C01 for whatever reason. ETL SF was furious with my TL for lying about where the pallet was and chewed her out in front of the SFS team for not being able to keep track of the sbux supplies properly this is why we have ordering issues. Food TL was scolded for 15 min. then when the receiver came out, you can guess how long the shouting match went between ETL SF and receiver over a pallet being moved 2 spaces over.
yesterday ETL LOG and SF were having a dick measuring contest ALL morning....

suffice to say im glad im off today.

oh, im sorry. yeah no we dont have caster wheels but when did have some spares, no one knew how to put them on and we broken them .....

My fresh chicken is like 2 items the whole bunker is empty and the rest of the fresh meat is sparse. On hand counts are correct as zero. Anyone else getting cut on fresh meat
We're supposed to have AF premade hamburger patties but we've only been getting them a case or so a week. Looks pretty empty.
My remedy has been to order a bunch of ribs and TPC them as needed so it looks full and sells.

Looks like most of the rest of the fresh meat that was store orderable is no longer so.

My fresh chicken is like 2 items the whole bunker is empty and the rest of the fresh meat is sparse. On hand counts are correct as zero. Anyone else getting cut on fresh meat

we never get enough market pantry chicken breasts in. and as far as meat goes, we get it in in waves. like ill have 1 week where ill have SOOO much it goes donation .... another week where the STL is asking why so much is flexed out. something is up.

Anyone else having trouble getting eggs in? I've zero'd them out but we might get 1 box per DCPI... nowhere near enough.

we cant keep ENOUGH 12 count eggs in. were usually dry by mid day after the previous truck with NONE in the back and accurate on hands. perhaps the chickens are on strike?

Back