Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

4.99 is not low for Cuties. That's the regular price around here.

idk I would've gone to 3.49 initially then lower towards the end of their shelf life.
still have 30 boxes (300 3lb bags)in my ambient room and about 8 boxes (80) on the floor ... so i've sold about 170 in 3 days. So i am glad that I went that low on the TPC cause at this rate I will
be rid of these things in about 6 more days.

Any advice for a newly consumables tl?

I was in your position a couple months ago. Get to know your team on a personal level. Show them you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. Learn the process and take note of places your team can improve. Teach your team the correct way to stock product, cut their boxes , zone , ect.

If you change any processes, explain to your team why you are making the changes. You have to get their buy in or else it won’t work. Trust your team to a degree but understand they will tell you things that aren’t true/ test you to see what they can get away with. Follow up and audit their work. Hold them accountable . Don’t be a pushover

If your floor is empty then space in the cooler doesn’t matter. If you’re flipping all of your produce between deliveries, you’re missing out on sales because you’re running out. If you’re still looking light after produce has been all pushed, you’re not ordering enough either. Shrink matters a lot less when you’re making money. Better to have too much than too little. Get your racks on wheels and push them throughout the day.
Have the PA push the racks in the morning and do the cull and tasks as you go. And have them push produce from the trailer too. That way they will already know what's in the building and what's not to make it easier when ordering. Order so it's truck to floor (depends on how many deliveries you have in a week) and order from the sales floor. That way you can have a better picture what will get QMOSd based on dates and whether or not to order that item to compensate.

I was in your position a couple months ago. Get to know your team on a personal level. Show them you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. Learn the process and take note of places your team can improve. Teach your team the correct way to stock product, cut their boxes , zone , ect.

If you change any processes, explain to your team why you are making the changes. You have to get their buy in or else it won’t work. Trust your team to a degree but understand they will tell you things that aren’t true/ test you to see what they can get away with. Follow up and audit their work. Hold them accountable . Don’t be a pushover
If the team member has been working the trade for several years, they know what they are doing so fuck off. Just because you got that position, don't let the power go to your head. Respect your team members because if some have been in the trade longer than you been with the company they know more than you. And really they are the TL of their department.

Yes when you have over 500 and no room in the coolers they won’t last more than a week. So I’ll sell them all by Sunday.
I do it all the time. Better to make a dime or two than feed the compactor. Even grocery stores do when they have loads. They drop the price. Profit is one thing but space is another. So drop that price and sell that shit!

So my biggest struggle is I don't have a PA and literally no hours. I have a truck every day. Anyone have a p fresh store like this? How do I come clean every day? (no trucks rolling over and backstock)

@Qmossqueen I'm jealous of how clean your ambient room looks. Ours is disgusting! Market TL has no standards. Just plain gross! Won't talk about dairy cooler!!!

With the amount of hours and people we have in market coming clean happens very rarely. We have 11 pallets of food truck and 11 vehicles of dry market push when I left tonight.

So my biggest struggle is I don't have a PA and literally no hours. I have a truck every day. Anyone have a p fresh store like this? How do I come clean every day? (no trucks rolling over and backstock)

I do it all the time. Better to make a dime or two than feed the compactor. Even grocery stores do when they have loads. They drop the price. Profit is one thing but space is another. So drop that price and sell that shit!
I have a bunch of hangry chickens...

So the order snfu from Saturday. I only got a few produce today about 80 items I ordered around 10:50 Saturday night.
This must have effected the dairy at the fdc cause spread sheet said we are getting 499 pieces for fresh and only received about 1/2 pallet at most 100 pieces.
several stores in my district also got small to no dairy today

Back