Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Ours rolled in this week. I didn’t hear anything in person but I did see some notes. And some things were just silly.

Like home locations should be priority. Whereas they had vendor product on an island and the islands filled with the lunchables and whatnot and the home location on the aisle was light. Like ok so you’re telling me to leave an island you can see from the curb empty and fill up something down an aisle. And the bigger problem of it all is the DC/FDC doesn’t give us enough product to keep it all full. And our food director never got on them to send us more.

Spent half a year trying to get them to send us enough meat to keep up with normal sales last year. Now in covid times and whatnot psh.

Just another idea to give someone a job and they needed to make it company wide.

Thank you. It was just in the last 30 days that I've had enough product to make my bunkers presentable, and my freezer ends are still all vendor product.

The turkeys are here. I started putting them out today starting with the largest ones. People keep asking for large ones anyway. I'm hoping to sell em all this week. I have another pallet and I am hammered with deliveries. 5 pallets for freezer yesterday. Fffffffk

oh my beloved Market team is a pro at tying POGs then walking away from it.
IT happens at my store too though but not by market team . Especially the CW aisle . Every now and then they tie a whole different set of things there but don’t care to set them . When asked , just pull and backstock it . What a waste of time!! That’s another reason im
Hoping for the thanksgiving set to happen fast.

Does anyone know why the checklane one for ones for candy, gum, & snacks only appears when you select "meat/dairy/frozen" as your area? Or is that just me?

I only was trained how to pull 1 for 1s a few months ago... eight months after I was hired. It also only happened because another team member needed to go home early so that tm trained me. I'm glad he did, because I ended up having to pull them completely alone the next day because the TL called out and no other tm came in yet. I no longer question when people who have worked at my store for 2 to 3 years ask me how to do certain things. It seems people get trained for whatever, whenever. Also, I got trained how to do audits last month by a SEASONAL. This place is a joke.

Self learning is the key in surviving at Target . People assume (atleast at my store) that you know everything about your department . I learned signing, setting end caps, grocery opu , 141s with new app everything by myself . One thing that helped me was that I knew my area well and then how to use the apps and explore them whenever you can. Always ask questions and say that you don’t know things , when you don’t know it . Also my TL will pretty much share his knowledge with me , if asked . This website is also a great resource for understanding new things at work . Hope you will find way to improve yourself . I know how you feel.😐

I only was trained how to pull 1 for 1s a few months ago... eight months after I was hired. It also only happened because another team member needed to go home early so that tm trained me. I'm glad he did, because I ended up having to pull them completely alone the next day because the TL called out and no other tm came in yet. I no longer question when people who have worked at my store for 2 to 3 years ask me how to do certain things. It seems people get trained for whatever, whenever. Also, I got trained how to do audits last month by a SEASONAL. This place is a joke.
Your store must do things a lot differently than mine. Often times 1 for 1s are the very first thing our new TMs are shown. It's almost a guarantee that if you work in dry grocery, you'll be doing at least part of a 1 for 1 in every shift.

Again our backroom snack aisles are overflowing. Is it because of holiday season?? I hope so . Our snack bar aisles are so overfilled on the floor too . We now have a rotation of aisles scheduled each day . So after a while , I had to zone the snack aisle. I tried to fix the errors and take out the over push. But it would take my half shift to fix everything . Oh my god and the damaged apple sauce and fruit cups !! It started to give out smell! I don’t know what was happening there. I stopped taking out overpush and just cleaned those shelves . Whatever!!!

amateur. I raise you grey pepperoni from the salesfloor with a side of green turkey.

and why yes they did cut hours on the next schedule. and double yes it is the week of Black Friday.

All hours to overnight. Everyone else gets cut. I'm sure this will work out just fine.*

*Not really. I'm anticipating a disaster of epic proportions.

that that's story time right there.

It’s not a great story.

I was sent to a Kroger that had been a grocery store since the 50s in the same building. Apparently no one had ever heard of stock rotation at that location because I pulled out the entire store my first month. It was spices in pushers that had quite literally never gone empty in the last decade.

Got a 4 year old mayonnaise too, that was nifty as it had separated. The store manager threw it out after I made a shelf of shame.

so apparently Good and gather turkey breasts are priced different online(.75c/lb) vs in store($1.50/lb). a customer tried to argue with me, but she had the proof. i had to reweight the turkey breasts. i dont like how target is doing this shady thing. i dont know why they just price it all across platforms.

Back