Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

so apparently Good and gather turkey breasts are priced different online(.75c/lb) vs in store($1.50/lb). a customer tried to argue with me, but she had the proof. i had to reweight the turkey breasts. i dont like how target is doing this shady thing. i dont know why they just price it all across platforms.
We have been selling them at .77 cents per pound they come in priced at 1.19/lbs. I must have weighed 20 boxes in the past 3 days. Our sign 7X11 says till Jan 2 for that price. It’s crazy how they are selling. I just ordered another 12 boxes to come in on Thursday

We have been selling them at .77 cents per pound they come in priced at 1.19/lbs. I must have weighed 20 boxes in the past 3 days. Our sign 7X11 says till Jan 2 for that price. It’s crazy how they are selling. I just ordered another 12 boxes to come in on Thursday
I should probably just do that. My area loves butterball tho, nobody buys target brands so we order BB more.

on the same vein as thee last post. is it bad that I filled a trash can of expired product from the sales floor two days in a row?
I think my store would set a record for finding expired product if someone actually checked the grab and go at the front. There's even expired bottled water up there.

We are having a visit for Market. It is the new position. I know him from when he was being trained a few years ago. He was only here about 3 months but he remembered my name on his greeting day. I figure that he will ask me questions.
Please give me any question that he could ask. I really want to make a good impression.

We are having a visit for Market. It is the new position. I know him from when he was being trained a few years ago. He was only here about 3 months but he remembered my name on his greeting day. I figure that he will ask me questions.
Please give me any question that he could ask. I really want to make a good impression.
Expiration dates for opu. Telling flex teams about the process. Thanks @seasonaldude

Expiration dates for opu. Telling flex teams about the process. Thanks @seasonaldude

You're welcome. And, since expiration dates for OPU are different than when market needs to pull items off the shelves, you could go one step further and teach the flex team to enter check dates for items they INF for date reasons that are not yet expired. Assuming you could get your flex team to do that, I think higher ups would be very impressed.

Sure is fun when a guest asks for Heinz Turkey gravy , none of it was on the shelf or on a boat or cart, but the zebra says there is 42 on floor. Three of us trying to find it and the guest ended up without.

Are there any bad stuff that could happen or negative stuff about doing sweeps for Market? I’ve got about 3 pallets of bulk snacks that I don’t really need and 3 pallets of bulk cereals.

Also any advice on doing TPC? I’ve been trying to be aggressive for stuffs I need gone but I don’t want to get more of them in return.

Lastly, the advantages and disadvantages of pulling or purging backroom by Audit function vs using the Take function.

Thank you for any and for all help!!

Last edited:
Are there any bad stuff that could happen or negative stuff about doing sweeps for Market? I’ve got about 3 pallets of bulk snacks that I don’t really need and 3 pallets of bulk cereals.

Also any advice on doing TPC? I’ve been trying to be aggressive for stuffs I need gone but I don’t want to get more of them in return.

Lastly, the advantages and disadvantages of pulling or purging backroom by Audit function vs using the Take function.

Idk about now but they wouldnt let us sweep food back earlier in the year. Just know you cant sweep any market products that expire withen 90 days i think, maybe its 30 idr. IMHO I've always felt it much better to just go through the backroom and look for expired/expiring products and donate them. You can still try and sweep back at the same time . When i took over dry market my backroom was overflowing and i got out 2 full pallets of expired product and only was able to sweep back about a half pallet Then just flex end caps if you need to get more stuff out.
If you or a trusted tm are going to do the purge i would recommend that if your backroom is too far gone. If you do it this way you have to make sure you are manually fixing the sf quantities and capacities. If you are doing it over a longer period of time make sure you are completing the pulls in the sections you have completed to keep up with what you have fixed.

Last edited:
Lately, I’ve been doing more couponing than TPCing. Its a bit of a walk to get from P-Fresh to our fixture room and it’s always locked. Certain items like seafood and the small tubes of ground turkey don’t sell and I’m always couponing them. What I’ve learned is that C&S will send what it will send. Chicken always comes in short dated from the time it comes in and often has to be couponed as well.

Last edited:

They won't send it back to you. Sweep it.

I donate seasonal stuff that will go out before the next season (stovetop stuffing, mainly).

Thank you. I took over Dry so I do TPC and not coupons. Plus I am confident over my TMs being on top over their expired products. The bulk that I have are stuff that I recently got from DC. Regular chips and cereals that are not on sales planners. Just a week or two ago but I will check those if they have expired.

I need advice on how to be careful enough to TPC that I won’t get more of the stuff that I am trying to get rid of. Thank you.

Hey guys anybody in pfresh can tell me the code for the brown wicker basket we use to put fruits or Bakery to. We could use 4 more for more products but our manager doesn't know the code or barcode to put in an order for it.

I'm so fed up this week. 4 to 5 team members have been calling out in our department everyday and some of left have been pulling OT just to fill in hours, then at the same time as a freezer person I don't get a chance to break down my pallets. When I don't break it down, fulfillment team just comes and wrecks the pallet just to look for OPU products. I went in one day to see boxes littered all over the floor, and half broken pallet.
Apparently they have all the privilege to do this.
Today, all of this bottled up anger, I decided to push all unbroken pallets way back to the back, and blocked it with green racks. The pallets are locked tight together and the only way to access it is by using electric jack. Which requires a key and most Fullfillment team don't have a key.

___
I'm so angry 4 people are taking advantage of this covid bullshit. I heard they went to get tested and they won't come in until the results came back which is taking days when results should come back in 24 hrs. Our Leader decided he doesn't wanna show up today too, and PA is apparently afraid to come back so he too is also taking advantage of the 30 day covid Break. So much bullshit in my store. /end rant

Attachments

• 20201224_131746.jpg
    20201224_131746.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
That broken pallet crap is ridiculous.

But for the people calling out, remember that tests actually do take several days to get a result to the recipient.

I'm so fed up this week. 4 to 5 team members have been calling out in our department everyday and some of left have been pulling OT just to fill in hours, then at the same time as a freezer person I don't get a chance to break down my pallets. When I don't break it down, fulfillment team just comes and wrecks the pallet just to look for OPU products. I went in one day to see boxes littered all over the floor, and half broken pallet.
Apparently they have all the privilege to do this.
Today, all of this bottled up anger, I decided to push all unbroken pallets way back to the back, and blocked it with green racks. The pallets are locked tight together and the only way to access it is by using electric jack. Which requires a key and most Fullfillment team don't have a key.

___
I'm so angry 4 people are taking advantage of this covid bullshit. I heard they went to get tested and they won't come in until the results came back which is taking days when results should come back in 24 hrs. Our Leader decided he doesn't wanna show up today too, and PA is apparently afraid to come back so he too is also taking advantage of the 30 day covid Break. So much bullshit in my store. /end rant
Wow , still looking neat .. I have seen the broken pallets in our cooler caused by opus. There is never enough people to work pfresh . For us it’s always one main TM who works his hell out and some TMs who work part time . Sometimes my TL joins too. Still it’s not done most days . But opus need the items too to save their numbers !! Two sides of a coin!

Wow , still looking neat .. I have seen the broken pallets in our cooler caused by opus. There is never enough people to work pfresh . For us it’s always one main TM who works his hell out and some TMs who work part time . Sometimes my TL joins too. Still it’s not done most days . But opus need the items too to save their numbers !! Two sides of a coin!

We try to get the pallets sorted onto vehicles or extra pallets as soon as they arrive. It cuts down on the cooler mess from OPU and cuts down on INFs.

Back