Archived Items that guests ask for

Status
Not open for further replies.
loll I love our store but I wish it wasn't so uptight. Like we can't have any fun or joke around.. Like I joke around with mi front end TM's, some of the sales floor TM's and like 2 or 3 of mi ETL's but the rest are too power struck ii guess to have any fun... :(

I had a guest asking me if target was French! Because he would not spend a dime if it was !

This story should be told as orally but this will have to do.

me: CIHYFS?
guest: des chyais *this is the best way i could approximate to what i heard*
me: i'm sorry, what was that?
guest: des chyais"
me: let me get my PDA and try to find that. could you spell it for me?
guest gives me a funny look and begins to spell it slowly
guest: d e s k c h--

this is where it hits me what she has been saying is "desk chairs" in a very deep south/new orleans accent. I feel like an absolute idiot as I show her where they are

the most frequent question I get from guests calling is "Are you open?"

nope, just here to answer your call, here's your sign!

{would love to say that}

Trying hard to resist the urge to print out 1000s of "stupid" signs....mainly 'cause I'd run out & I wouldn't be able to afford to print more!

the most frequent question I get from guests calling is "Are you open?"

nope, just here to answer your call, here's your sign!

{would love to say that}

I wear red,i have an enormous target logo on my back,i have a name tag ,a pda in one hand,a radio in the other,and a guest will still ask me if i work here...hum

I wear red,i have an enormous target logo on my back,i have a name tag ,a pda in one hand,a radio in the other,and a guest will still ask me if i work here...hum

I usually laugh and say "That's what I tell my boss."

I was in HBA the other day when a guy in his mid 20's was looking for condoms/lubes. I told him which aisle and pointed what direction it was in. Normally, when a customer shows a look of confusion :unknw: I walk them to the aisle but I was helping an elderly woman. He went in the opposite direction and after helping out the woman I went looking for him and walked him to the aisle. He thanked me but then asked me which condom I would recommend. :face palm: All I thought was, "does it look like I have a penis here??" For a second I wonder if I was being pranked but I looked at him and he was genuinely asking. So I pointed out to him the description of the condoms and told him if he had further questions, the pharmacy would be able to help him out.

I was in HBA the other day when a guy in his mid 20's was looking for condoms/lubes. I told him which aisle and pointed what direction it was in. Normally, when a customer shows a look of confusion :unknw: I walk them to the aisle but I was helping an elderly woman. He went in the opposite direction and after helping out the woman I went looking for him and walked him to the aisle. He thanked me but then asked me which condom I would recommend. :face palm: All I thought was, "does it look like I have a penis here??" For a second I wonder if I was being pranked but I looked at him and he was genuinely asking. So I pointed out to him the description of the condoms and told him if he had further questions, the pharmacy would be able to help him out.

Maybe he knew that your TBR username is latexlove. :D

I've been getting a lot of questions about paint lately. I love it when guests ask me if I'm sure that we don't carry something like paint. Sure, sometimes I'm mistaken about a particular item but an entire paint department would be hard to miss. :p

I've been getting a lot of questions about paint lately. I love it when guests ask me if I'm sure that we don't carry something like paint. Sure, sometimes I'm mistaken about a particular item but an entire paint department would be hard to miss. :p

It doesn't help that we have signs advertising paint in the home section.
You have to look close to see that you can only get the paint at Target.com.

loll I have at least 3 guests ask me about paint in one day. I don't get it. I also love it when an LOD will tell a guest "no" to something like a price match or adjustment, etc and the guest will come and ask me the same question thinking I will do it. & they are fully aware that the LOD is above me. ughh sometimes I fell bad because I know in some situations we need to make it right and a few of my ETL's are just plain mean.

New one last night. These two ladies came up to me and they had very thick African accents and asked me for what sounds like "**** covers." It took me a few seconds to compose myself and, of course, they kept repeating it. So finally I said, "Like bed sheets?" and they nodded and I sent them off on their way.

A guest asked me if we were getting the Jason Wu line in I said yes. Then she asked if I had some in the back and I said not yet and then she asked where our back room is...my response was the back room is for team members only and selling the product before its street date is illegal. She rolled her eyes and walked away...people be crazy

So it was YOU who sent him to us ;) JK!!! Seriously, though, a guy came in a few weeks ago and asked our pharmacist about a "certain" type of lube. :\ This particular pharmacist is a DEVOUT Christian and I thought she was going to DIE!!! The other tech and I were laughing so hard, we had to duck behind the counter!!!!!

Last edited:
Seriously, though, a guy came in a few weeks ago and asked our pharmacist about a "certain" type of lube. :\ This particular pharmacist is a DEVOUT Christian and I thought she was going to DIE!!! The other tech and I were laughing so hard, we had to duck behind the counter!!!!!

Did you ask him about the stolen truck of margarine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back