Archived Items that guests ask for

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day a guest comes up and hands me a NicoDerm box, "I don't want this anymore." She pauses, "You don't happen to sell cigarettes here, do you?"

"Uhhhhhhhh, no. That's WHY we sell the NicoDerm."
Guess the nicotine is fogging her brain.

At our pharmacy, travel sized items are RIGHT in front of the pharmacy....today, I had a guest come up to the pharmacy counter (like where we stand to count, not the register counter) and ask "Where did you move the travel stuff?" :facepalm: I just said "Look down":tehe:

tonight I had requests for paint thinner and a unity candle. Those are the ones that stick out...oh and the ones who are surprised that we only have a handful of Jason Wu items left.

My favorite is when I'm at GS and I'm asked where the bathrooms/atm/service desk is. If it's the first two, I point to my left. If it's the last, I ask, "CIHYFS?"

Yesterday, I was asked where the toilets are. I tell them where the bathrooms are and the guest just looks at me like I'm stupid. "I need a toilet." I point them in the direction of Menards, Home Depot, and Lowes. "I need a toilet." We don't sell toilets at my store, sir. Turns out, he didn't speak any English besides that.

I've been asked if we sold kitchen sinks.

I honestly have to wonder what people think we actually sell.

I've had numerous requests for paints. And most get rather peeved when I say we don't sell it. oh well. Lowe's is right there --->
I really try not to make people feel dumb... but in the last week I've had so many say "do you have xyz?" and I have to answer "it's right behind/in front of you" Seems a fog has come through our store.

I remember one guy seemed really surprised when I told him we didn't sell cigarettes.

I've had numerous requests for paints. And most get rather peeved when I say we don't sell it. oh well. Lowe's is right there --->
I really try not to make people feel dumb... but in the last week I've had so many say "do you have xyz?" and I have to answer "it's right behind/in front of you" Seems a fog has come through our store.

9 times out of 10 the thing they want is right in front of them. :p

A million times daily.....q-tips! I'm tempted to grab some and keep them behind the pharmacy counter and just hand them out when people ask!

A million times daily.....q-tips! I'm tempted to grab some and keep them behind the pharmacy counter and just hand them out when people ask!

If I remember correctly, my store has them on the wall right near the pharmacy window. If your store has them there too, you should make a sign with an arrow. Since guests don't read signs, when (not if, but when) someone asks you where the Q-Tips are, just point to the sign. :D

If I remember correctly, my store has them on the wall right near the pharmacy window. If your store has them there too, you should make a sign with an arrow. Since guests don't read signs, when (not if, but when) someone asks you where the Q-Tips are, just point to the sign. :D

Not at our store....they're over in cosmetics, on an inside endcap.

P HBAproduct cosmetics
H HBAproduct cosmetics
A HBAproduct cosmetics
R HBAproduct cosmetics
M HBAproduct cosmetics
Q-TIPS

Not at our store....they're over in cosmetics, on an inside endcap.

P HBAproduct cosmetics
H HBAproduct cosmetics
A HBAproduct cosmetics
R HBAproduct cosmetics
M HBAproduct cosmeticsQ-TIPS

Sounds like your store has a different layout. Though I've never been in a store where the pharmacy was parallel to the aisles.

STAMPS!!! 3-5 times a day i get asked if we sell stamps. Then i get someone who tells me,"they told me you did". I'd really like to know who this mysterious "they" are.

Sounds like your store has a different layout. Though I've never been in a store where the pharmacy was parallel to the aisles.
It's not, I wrote it that way to try and show it's perpendicular....our HBA & cosmetic aisles are perpendicular, but the rest of the aisles in the store are parallel to the pharmacy....it's an older store. I couldn't get the formatting to stick, even with WYSIWYG???

It's not, I wrote it that way to try and show it's perpendicular....our HBA & cosmetic aisles are perpendicular, but the rest of the aisles in the store are parallel to the pharmacy....it's an older store. I couldn't get the formatting to stick, even with WYSIWYG???

I see, said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back