I'm Lost! Jean dress code!

I can’t find jeans that fit me well, so I wear black UT jeggings for Starbucks. Those ones look and feel like jeans. Skinny jeans work too. Pants with a bit of stretch work great for Starbucks!

I go with my trusty Duluth Trading Company DuluthFlex Fire Hose Cargo Work Pants. They are comfy and stretchy in all the right places. They have more than enough pockets for everything. There's even a loop for the walkie and another loop for keys. I have 5 pairs. One for everyday of my workweek. A bit pricey, but well worth the investment.

My SD casually mentioned that we can't wear black jeans anymore, only blue. I usually wear khaki anyway. Don't know when that changed. The tm standing next to me was wearing black jeans, for the last time, right now, until they change their mind again.

My SD casually mentioned that we can't wear black jeans anymore, only blue. I usually wear khaki anyway. Don't know when that changed. The tm standing next to me was wearing black jeans, for the last time, right now, until they change their mind again.
It was always blue jeans with no holes/rips from day one. Lots of stores didn’t enforce it, though.

In the really cold months I’d wear jeans with rips but with black leggings underneath so I didn’t show any skin. Not only was it still work appropriate but the leggings provide some amazing insulation to keep me cozy and warm while I take drive ups out

Your SD says things that aren't true. Unless the TM handbook changed, which i am also unaware of whether it did or not. Is there anyone who has access that can look that up,? I'm off.

Your SD says things that aren't true. Unless the TM handbook changed, which i am also unaware of whether it did or not. Is there anyone who has access that can look that up,? I'm off.
I have a handbook I got like two weeks ago that says:
"Any solid color pants or skirts (in good condition) (preferably khaki or blue denim)"
edit to add, the only restriction I see is under "do not wear" it lists "Lycra or yoga pants"

Another case of someone MUSATGA (Making Up Shit As They Go Along).
Careful with that type, they get really pissed when you call them on their bullshit.
It makes them look stupid and weak.
The only reason they make shit up is to seem powerful in the first place.
The only good thing is that they often forget whatever stupid thing they came up with and move on to something else after a while.

Bicycling in work clothes? Blech. Smell like sweat all day, nasty. Better to wear proper cycling clothing and change in the bathroom. I have some issues with heat, trying to bicycle in khakis made me feel like I was dying, proper cycling clothes was a dream.
One advantage to working a very early shift is that the ride to work is almost always at a relatively cool time of the day, even at the height of summer. It's only a few miles, not enough to work up a really good sweat. And having an early shift means I don't have time to change clothes between being let into the the building and time to punch in.
The ride home can be a whole different thing and sometimes I'll stand in front of a fan turned on "high" just to dry off before moving on with the rest of my day (at home and my dog doesn't care - maybe even likes? - that I smell of sweat). Proper cycling clothes are great for longer rides, but they stay in the drawer for commutes.

Another case of someone MUSATGA (Making Up Shit As They Go Along).
Careful with that type, they get really pissed when you call them on their bullshit.
It makes them look stupid and weak.
The only reason they make shit up is to seem powerful in the first place.
The only good thing is that they often forget whatever stupid thing they came up with and move on to something else after a while.
@Hardlinesmaster, I think you meant to post this in the General Politics II thread. 😁

One advantage to working a very early shift is that the ride to work is almost always at a relatively cool time of the day, even at the height of summer. It's only a few miles, not enough to work up a really good sweat. And having an early shift means I don't have time to change clothes between being let into the the building and time to punch in.
The ride home can be a whole different thing and sometimes I'll stand in front of a fan turned on "high" just to dry off before moving on with the rest of my day (at home and my dog doesn't care - maybe even likes? - that I smell of sweat). Proper cycling clothes are great for longer rides, but they stay in the drawer for commutes.
What about stashing the lightweight stuff in your bag to change into before going home? Even a couple miles can result in heat exhaustion and noon / early afternoon is the worst time to get overheated while in traffic.

Heat Exhaustion? Couple miles? Not unless we're talking about Death Valley, California or someone is morbidly obese or exceptionally old (as in 70ish or older, not 40-50)

Heat Exhaustion? Couple miles? Not unless we're talking about Death Valley, California or someone is morbidly obese or exceptionally old (as in 70ish or older, not 40-50)
40, mid Atlantic, overweight but in women's average size clothes, riding a few miles daytime riding part of it downhill, I had to stop halfway to stop gasping for air. Work 6-8 hours on my feet until close, change and hop directly on the bike, part of it uphill, no stopping and barely breathing hard when I got home. Only meaningful difference was 15 or 20 degrees, and those 15-20 degrees made a HUGE difference.

40, mid Atlantic, overweight but in women's average size clothes, riding a few miles daytime riding part of it downhill, I had to stop halfway to stop gasping for air. Work 6-8 hours on my feet until close, change and hop directly on the bike, part of it uphill, no stopping and barely breathing hard when I got home. Only meaningful difference was 15 or 20 degrees, and those 15-20 degrees made a HUGE difference.

I'm not saying it won't be tiring, but heat exhaustion is NOT the same thing as needing to stop to catch your breath.

Heat exhaustion symptoms are things like weak or rapid pulse, goose bumps, faintness, dizziness, nausea, low blood pressure.

Heat exhaustion is the step before heat stroke.

What about stashing the lightweight stuff in your bag to change into before going home? Even a couple miles can result in heat exhaustion and noon / early afternoon is the worst time to get overheated while in traffic.
We can wear capris in the summer and I typically wear a lightweight, short-sleeve shirt that I change out of as soon as I get home, whether or not I bike. I used to do a lot of long-distance cycling and am well aware of heat exhaustion, but it takes more than a couple of miles, even in 90-degree heat with high humidity, to cause problems for me. I drink a LOT of water and ride at a comfortable pace, not racing.
Now that fall is here with much cooler temps, it's definitely not an issue. Now the trick is to dress in layers for the ride in, most of which aren't worn on the way home.

ive been wearing khaki jogging pants. so much fucking comfort. i dont understand why yall want to wear jeans. its so uncomfortable specially when you gotta bend and zone. your butt crack is showing.

Back